Oneplus 7t not recognizing headphones are plugged in

1. G_Julian_Roberts_qlWu
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2020

G_Julian_Roberts_qlWu , Jun 3, 2020 :
    None of the suggested methods of turning on OTG, factory reset etc I keep my phone in prestine condition. It is 2 months old. Is this issue fixable or maybe a new phone is in order.

2. Cosmos_NT , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jun 3, 2020 :
    Hello Julian, are you using an official Type C to 3.5mm converter? or it is a 3rd party ?

A lot of 3rd party doesn't work on all devices. And if you're using OnePlus's official, you could visit service center and described the issue, it may be that it is faulty.

OTG is for USB Device connection like a flash drive or an external hard drive.

3. G_Julian_Roberts_qlWu
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2020

I am using the ordinal USB converter. After finding that it wasn't working tried another and that one worked for about 10 mins then also stopped working.

4. G_Julian_Roberts_qlWu
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2020

I meant to say original oneplus converter. Tested both converters they work. I live in Toronto. I have to mail. There isn't a service centre to visit.

5. Cosmos_NT , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jun 3, 2020 :
    Use reply button to reach back otherwise nobody can get notified.

Also there is edit option too, once you have posted a comment, you can edit it.

If you have access to any other device with type c, try those converter on that and if you find this issue persistent, then device didn't had any issues, it was converter. Otherwise you'll need to send device for checking.

6. tide1109
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 3, 2020

tide1109 , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 3, 2020 :
    The dongle from OnePlus is passtrough adapter. The phone has to support the analog output of audio over the USB port. Only some phones without a headphone jack supports it.
    If the dongle doesn't work on a other device, it doesn't mean that the dongle is damaged.

If the analog audio output is the reason for it, you can try a dongle with an integrated DAC. They will work.

The best option for you is a properly working phone and dongle.

7. G_Julian_Roberts_qlWu
    Cupcake Jun 4, 2020

G_Julian_Roberts_qlWu , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Sorry busy and frustrated. I tried another single it worked for a few minutes then they stopped. Have a friend with same phone no problem. I am on hold after Oneplus hung up on me. I got through right away the first time however now it has been 61 minutes. Thanks for the concern.

8. Cosmos_NT , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jun 4, 2020 :
    I use a cheap converter which is literally cheap as it is just $2 ! And it works on 7T without any issues and I am still surprised why it works so well !!

I have also tried an official one from a friend of mine and I could confirm that it worked too the same without any hassle.

Here user has 7T only so if that dongle doesn't work on device clearly I have no clue what is damaged ! I mean all 7T have same hardware don't they ?

Besides some cheap converter doesn't work properly on the fact that they lack pins inside ( same as cheap charging cable has less contact pins than the good one/ original one and their current capacity isn't 4A so you can't do Warp charge or even fast charge other device with them ) so the physical construction of that too affects the output.

9. Cosmos_NT , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Well as per what you said, that the converter is working fine, there is only one thing left which could be causing issues.

10. M.Bennett
    Cupcake Jun 4, 2020

M.Bennett , Jun 4, 2020 :
    I have Oneplus's actual wired headphones, and half the time the phone doesn't recognize them. It sometimes makes a weird "interference" like noise in the headphones when the music won't come out of the phone or the headphones.

11. tide1109
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2020

tide1109 , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 4, 2020 :
    The OnePlus Type-C Bullets have an included DAC.
    They should work on every Typ-C device like another phone, laptop or pc.
    https://www.oneplus.com/product/oneplus-type-c-bullets-earphones

It could be a problem with the Bullets.
    Do you have other issue with your USB type-c port? Charging issue? data connection issues?

12. G_Julian_Roberts_qlWu
    Cupcake Jun 15, 2020

G_Julian_Roberts_qlWu , Jun 15, 2020 :
    Let's all just say it like it is. This defect has to do with 7series phone not responding or recognizing when the USB port is used with a dongle and paired with headphones. From reading another post the phone does not recognize Oneplus bullets.. Look I am not hear to bash Oneplus, I have been a fan for years. I have had 6 one plus devices over the years. I am now on my second 7t device in 3 months. My first device just stopped recognizing that headphones where plugged in via dongle after 2 month's.. BI did all the trouble shooting methods and called Oneplus support who acted as though this problem was unique to my phone. Do they not read the posts? II sold that 7t and received another one two days a go. The problem persists on this one as well. Oneplus has been silent on this on this issue, they know there is a problem but won't even update their 'community' members that they are vorkung on a solution. I see their stance as no t to affect sales and reputation. I say admit to the problem and keep us in the loop.. Remaining silent on this issue makes me and others shout louder. This problem will cause them more damage if they just let it slide, because their will be more customers arising with this same problem. II guess I have to go buy Bluetooth truly wireless earbuds😔. I want to remain a fan.

13. Roger.T
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 16, 2020

14. G_Julian_Roberts_qlWu , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 16, 2020 :
    I believe that any type c dongle would work : just as any type c I don't believe all 7 series phones are experiencing this issue but a disproportionate do. I have tested the dongles.
    w which inclwhich

15. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Jun 16, 2020

pablofg1978 , Jun 16, 2020 :
    I use the dongle of my 6t on my 7 pro almost every day and I don't have any issues

16. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Jun 16, 2020

pablofg1978 , Jun 16, 2020 :
    Thread merged
    Please don't create duplicate threads