OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren: Available Now!

1. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Dec 4, 2019

cdnfarmer , Dec 4, 2019 :
    Congrats.

Looks very appealing to be a new T-Mobile customers.

@meatandy maybe may need to create alter ego and be a "new customers". :p:cool::cool::cool:

But in all seriousness, for those who are interested and able to get one regardless of trade in program, enjoy. Look forward to hearing your experiences on 5G.

Bouncer71 and meatandy like this.
  2. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Dec 4, 2019

VisualTroubadour likes this.
  3. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Dec 4, 2019

Chumdini , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 4, 2019 :
    because you are using the TMobile variant . TMobile is the one slowing your updates. convert to international variant and you shouldn't have an issue.

sxegti and D1573855743550 like this.
  4. D1573855743550
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2019

D1573855743550 , Dec 4, 2019 :
    yes that means there customers get the shaft
    I've been a customer for 3-4 years now and I don't get shit NOT GOOD for public relations in my opinion

VisualTroubadour likes this.

6. K1542235460464 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 4, 2019 :
    just buy the dual SIM slot off Amazon don't think it has anything to do with being mainstream most people don't use dual sims and most newer phone have e sim capabilities so a dual SIM tray is not needed

7. Weirdpepperguy , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Dec 4, 2019 :
    My PC doesn't recognize my MSM tool or I probably would have done it by now. If I did I would lose some carrier exclusive apps like free Netflix. I am paying for the device, the updates were promised by BOTH companies and yet BOTH blame each other. Also, this new OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren 5G edition will have problems as the 7 Pro 5G on Sprint and on EE in the UK. They will not see anything until next year

8. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Dec 4, 2019

you're not going to lose free Netflix as that's on your plan.

9. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Dec 4, 2019

all carrier locked devices have a different slcertificstion process when it comes to updates. TMobile is bad about sending timely updates which is also why converted my tmo 6t to international variant. have zero issues with updates now. I still have free Netflix because it's on my bill not a special app.

varmai and Bluecat08 like this.
  10. Weirdpepperguy , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Dec 4, 2019 :
    That still doesn't help with my PC not recognizing my MSM tool, or the fact that I should have to flash a new ROM just to get my phone to work properly. I still can't recommend any new user or any of my current friends on T-Mobile to buy a OnePlus device in good conscience, from my experience. Hopefully when Motorola starts making flagships again they might have an alternative to the Pixel

11. meatandy
    Oreo Dec 4, 2019

meatandy , Dec 4, 2019 :
    Which one @Dembe or @BanHammer ?:p:rolleyes::D

Bouncer71 and cdnfarmer like this.
  12. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Dec 4, 2019

your phone is working properly it's not one plus fault for TMobile being months behind on updates.

13. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Dec 4, 2019

are u having issues with msm reading the device or just not being able to open msm? have you extracted the files for msm after downloading them?

14. ironass
    Lollipop Dec 5, 2019

ironass , Dec 5, 2019 :
    There is no global firmware for the T-Mobile (USA) McLaren Pro 5G as I pointed out back in October, here.

"The T-Mobile (USA) McLaren Pro 5G minority variant has so many negatives against it already.

There will be no global firmware to convert this exclusive T-Mobile model to, (the only other 5G model, 7 Pro 5G, has a different chipset, etc: ), and buyers will be at the mercy of TMO butchering the firmware and its usual slow or no, firmware updates.

The McLaren model 5G will not be eligible for OnePlus' Open beta programme as indeed, the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G, is not.

On the subject of the carrier exclusive OnePlus 7 Pro 5G, users are already up-in-arms because they are not scheduled to receive the update to Android 10 until Q1 2020. Some 3 or 4 months after the non 5G model and the older global 6T. See...

UNIFIED] OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Owners Complaint Thread

Owners on that thread are begging to exchange their 7 Pro 5G models for the non 5G as it is much better supported and updated.

With T-Mobile's exclusivity on the 5G McLaren, they will not offer the same sort of updates as the non 5G model and great will be the weeping and wailing of TMO owners who think they have purchased a premium device that will be updated the same as the non carrier, global, devices.

Bottom line: In my humble opinion, the T-Mobile (USA) McLaren 5G is a whole heap of misery, waiting to happen :eek:"

15. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Dec 5, 2019

Chumdini , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 5, 2019 :
    I'm sure somebody will tinker with it and figure something out. just wish OnePlus wouldn't allow carriers to lock the bootloader's . as I do want the mcleran 5g I'm not willing to wait on updates from TMobile. plus the network that is being rolled out is a slower 5g based on the 600mhz wavelength instead of the nm wavelength. speeds will be fast but not at it's full potential.

ironass likes this.
  16. ronnyhawks
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 5, 2019

ronnyhawks , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Dec 5, 2019 :
    you have the wrong drivers installed is all

17. ironass
    Lollipop Dec 5, 2019

ironass , Dec 5, 2019 :
    Locking the bootloaders is the price that phone manufacturers have to pay to sell their phones through U.S. carriers I am afraid.

I doubt that there will be much in the way of, "tinkering", with the T-Mobile (USA) McLaren Pro 5G as it is the ultimate carrier minority model in that it is one carrier model in just one of 195 countries worldwide.

I was considering getting a 5G model of OnePlus but until 5G becomes standard on their main global model, it is not worth it as demonstrated by the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G that I mentioned in my previous post. That is not likely to get Android 10 until Q1 2020... a quarter of a year after Open Beta 1, Android 10, on my global OnePlus 6T.

Chumdini likes this.
  18. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Dec 5, 2019

I wonder if the Sprint 5g one was delayed in software because of the tmo/Sprint merger .

ironass likes this.
  19. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Dec 5, 2019

plus, software should almost be identical to the 7t pro mcleran edition. internal radios are what allow the device to connect to 5g. maybe I'm just thinking too optimistically lol

varmai and ironass like this.
  20. Jscorpionx
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2019

Jscorpionx , Dec 5, 2019 :
    what have you guys read about the rumors of the 5G network being a health hazzard?