OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren: Available Now!

2. ronnyhawks
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 6, 2019

3. Weirdpepperguy , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Dec 6, 2019 :
    I hate windows. I give up. I can't go searching for drivers that I installed yesterday at everyone else's advice. I was wondering why those drivers wouldn't work. Oh well. One less customer for OnePlus doesn't matter right. Even if he might have a lot of people he can spread the word not to buy...right?

5. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Dec 6, 2019

Chumdini , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 6, 2019 :
    well with Android 10 security patches can be sent separately.

6. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Dec 6, 2019

you also don't know enough people to really make a dent in their pocket books.

7. Cynagen
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2019

Cynagen , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 6, 2019 :

oif.vet2k3

So why is it that when O+ and TMO get together they nix 1 of 2 SIM card slots? I currently passed on the 6t McLaren for that exact reason. Looks like I will be passing on this year's McLaren as well, 5G or not. Until you bring the 2nd sim card slot to TMO, I'm OUT! I feel OnePlus is becoming way to mainstream and liked them better when they were Scrappy looking in from the outside. Stop watering down what the people want, and start watering down what the big corps want. I think I'll start looking for the next up and coming underdog smartphone manufacturer.​

Even if you get the TMO version the dual SIM hardware still exists in the device! I have my TMO 7 Pro unlocked and running stock Oxygen OS and I have dual SIM unlocked. The only downside is both slots share the same IMEI so no dual SIM from the same base carrier, you just have to buy a dual SIM holder to replace the single SIM version that comes with the TMO stock. I expect this McLaren to follow suit, the 6 was dual SIM capable as well, same IMEI limitation, including the McLaren as unlocked without the IMEI limitation.

varmai, Weirdpepperguy and oif.vet2k3 like this.

10. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Dec 6, 2019

one plus does keep their phones up to date. any carrier device will receive slower updates due to having to he certified by the carriers devs before release.

11. Weirdpepperguy , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Dec 6, 2019 :
    OnePlus promised timely OS updates and bi-monthly security patches. It hasn't been happening.

Krzysiek_K likes this.
  12. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Dec 6, 2019

it has though which is why the 6 and 6t ( which are over a year old) run Android 10.

14. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Dec 6, 2019

7 pro has been on Android 10 and has had several updates already. if you have a carrier locked device it's on the carrier not the manufacturer.

15. T_RAM
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2019

T_RAM , Dec 6, 2019 :
    this sucks. I don't want to open a T MOBILE account. As much as I love your company and your phones. I'll continue to sit on the sidelines till you go back to your basics. Kick *** UNLOCKED phones for a reasonable price.

g96818 and Weirdpepperguy like this.
  16. G1542031270098
    Donut Dec 6, 2019

G1542031270098 , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Stay away from this phone. OnePlus might be updating the phone but if it has to go through T-Mobile there still on September security update with the OnePlus 7 Pro. What makes things worse is that OnePlus already has sent out the Android 10 update and nothing from T-Mobile. Next phone won't be a OnePlus hell even friends of mine that have Samsung have the December update.

Weirdpepperguy likes this.
  17. g96818
    Eclair Dec 6, 2019

g96818 , Dec 6, 2019 :
    OP you ******* liars! You said the 7T pro wasn't being released in the states.

T_RAM likes this.
  18. g96818
    Eclair Dec 6, 2019

g96818 , Dec 6, 2019 :
    I was thinking the same thing. some of these other no name brand phones seems pretty good.

19. T_RAM
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2019

T_RAM , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Yea..thats how it starts..samsung started to disappoint.. temptation led to OnePlus. Hope that temptation doesn't start up again.

20. Weirdpepperguy , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Most mainstream manufacturers are disappointing. I was hoping OnePlus would be different. Obviously not. OnePlus is blaming T-Mobile for the lack of updates and T-Mobile is blaming OnePlus. If you go to the T-Mobile forums they compensate people to answer positively for them to try to make it look like they don't share any part of the blame. Too bad, this looks like a great device. I know that it won't be because of lack of software support/updates