OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren: Available Now!

1. Zecks1973
    Froyo Dec 6, 2019

Zecks1973 , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Both. Has the higher frequency for millimeter wave as well. just have to wait for the bazillion micro towers. [e]1f602[/e]

2. Zecks1973
    Froyo Dec 6, 2019

Weirdpepperguy

Most mainstream manufacturers are disappointing. I was hoping OnePlus would be different. Obviously not. OnePlus is blaming T-Mobile for the lack of updates and T-Mobile is blaming OnePlus. If you go to the T-Mobile forums they compensate people to answer positively for them to try to make it look like they don't share any part of the blame. Too bad, this looks like a great device. I know that it won't be because of lack of software support/updates​

I just recently worked for TMobile. I owned the 6t on it and the OnePlus 7pro. I now own the 7t unlocked from OnePlus directly. I can assure you it 100% TMobile. The unlocked gets everything as soon as it's released. The T-Mobile one is constantly 2-3 updates behind. On a side note they also do not ship the T-Mobile one with a screen protector installed like the ones shipped from OnePlus direct. That was also TMobile choice. P.S. also enjoying that extra Sim slot. Another perk of buying direct. [e]1f601[/e]

Weirdpepperguy and VictorXIbarra like this.
  3. VictorXIbarra
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2019

VictorXIbarra , Dec 6, 2019 :
    I remember buying my 6T and noticing those lack of updates. Then I bought the 7 Pro and man, you can really tell the difference. Part of me wants to get the 5G McLaren edition but then I also think I figured out OnePlus and the 8th is probably around the corner with better modem and support for 5G so I'm just thinking of waiting it out. What do you think?

howdog55 and Weirdpepperguy like this.
  4. uga_boy
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2019

uga_boy , Dec 6, 2019 :

Couldn't make the deadline it appears. I'm being told it won't be available until next Friday, the 13th.

5. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Dec 6, 2019

Ruby G. , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Oh sorry to hear! Which T-Mobile store did you visit, by the way? So we can follow up and see what happened.

6. howdog55
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2019

7. Radeon962
    KitKat Dec 6, 2019

Radeon962 , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Hmmm... this from the AP review.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/...-mobiles-new-5g-network-heres-what-i-learned/

T-Mobile's 600MHz network operates on a frequency around 20,000MHz lower than your typical millimeter wave network, and it has roughly one tenth the available bandwidth (that is, the range of frequency actually in use) of such networks. Bandwidth is what, in the end, determines the maximum speed of a network. Verizon's 5G mmWave network has up to 400MHz of bandwidth at a given cell site. T-Mobile's 600MHz 5G has a maximum of 40MHz of bandwidth (in some regions, it's as little as 20MHz). You can see how this brings things into perspective.

8. H1542153384332 , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Dec 6, 2019 :
    The 600mhz TMobile uses for 5G allows 200 million people 5G coverage now, where as Verizon 5G may be faster but will take years to cover it's customers.

Zecks1973 likes this.
  9. Zecks1973
    Froyo Dec 6, 2019

Radeon962

Hmmm... this from the AP review.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/...-mobiles-new-5g-network-heres-what-i-learned/

T-Mobile's 600MHz network operates on a frequency around 20,000MHz lower than your typical millimeter wave network, and it has roughly one tenth the available bandwidth (that is, the range of frequency actually in use) of such networks. Bandwidth is what, in the end, determines the maximum speed of a network. Verizon's 5G mmWave network has up to 400MHz of bandwidth at a given cell site. T-Mobile's 600MHz 5G has a maximum of 40MHz of bandwidth (in some regions, it's as little as 20MHz). You can see how this brings things into perspective.

T-Mobile approach is actually more responsible. Using 600mhz for distance and adding the millimeter towers as they go. The speeds are still about 20-50% faster than normal LTE on tmobile. This will only increase over time to add capacity. Basically they are going Bottom up instead of top down. So no gigabit speeds, but far greater coverage. Millimeter wave literally will not even go through windows or trees. MKBHD just did a test of the McLaren and TMobile 5g. https://youtu.be/nmnTAOU44SI

Radeon962 likes this.
  10. Your.NoMoreHero
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2019

Zecks1973 likes this.
  11. SirWelph
    Eclair Dec 6, 2019

SirWelph , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 6, 2019 :
    So much for T-Mobile being on the ball with having them in stores by the 6th. I've called every T-Mobile store with in a 30 mile radius.

12. ravensley14 , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 7, 2019 :
    Just now got it, beautiful and brilliant device. My only dissatisfaction is it doesn't come with USB Type-C to 3.5mm Adapter. Something I was looking forward to use with my new headphone which seems to be having problem connecting via Bluetooth.

Chumdini likes this.
  13. Jonahtrav
    Eclair Dec 7, 2019

Jonahtrav , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 7, 2019 :
    Wow you've got it better then me I've got an unlocked OnePlus 7pro and it's still on the August 1 security update. I also thought OnePlus was going to be better. I guess the only Android phones that are really up to date are Pixel phones.

Weirdpepperguy likes this.
  14. Jonahtrav
    Eclair Dec 7, 2019

Not so sure about that I have the unlocked OnePlus 7 pro and I'm still on the August security update.

15. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Dec 7, 2019

16. Jonahtrav
    Eclair Dec 7, 2019

17. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Dec 7, 2019

Chumdini , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 7, 2019 :
    do you realize that has a higher security patch then what ur on?

18. Jonahtrav
    Eclair Dec 7, 2019

not sure what you mean but I'm still on the August security update and there is a Sept and Oct one out already so...

Chumdini likes this.
  19. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Dec 7, 2019