OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren: Available Now!

1. ChesterUSA , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 8, 2019 :
    I just got my phone. Everything is installed and updated. I restarted the device... my 4G OnePlus 7Pro had faster speeds... and this device looks and feels janky... the recent app menu is not smooth at all 😩... and I miss the OnePlus swipe navigation on Android 9... opening the recent app menu is much slower. Not to mention, this phone jumps between 4G and 5G faster.. all bars to no 1 bar 😩

2. rlorenxo
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2019

rlorenxo , Dec 8, 2019 :
    I really love the McLaren- I went from the 7t to the McLaren yesterday and I'm already in love. I understand why OnePlus wouldn't have an IPX attached to the specs (cost) and that's my only gripe about the phones, as professional who may have travels in the field under various weather conditions and a parent of two small children (accidents and spills happen!!). I was already at 100g with my 7t and extra storage for the McLaren, the ram, and 5g capability are definitely trade offs I'm good with.

3. ckommavong
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2019

ckommavong , Dec 8, 2019 :
    look on the website and search your local stores, I did and picked mine up today, someone actually bought it before I got to the first store and was checking out as I walked in lol, 2nd store was 20 mins away and got it 5 mins before closing [e]1f602[/e]

Bluecat08 and SirWelph like this.
  4. ckommavong
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2019

ckommavong , Dec 8, 2019 :
    Thanks tmobile and oneplus got my 7T pro mclaren today along side my 6T and iPhone 11 Pro Max lol

Attached Files:

5. mjamesskuba
    Donut Dec 8, 2019

mjamesskuba , Dec 8, 2019 :
    hello fellow 1+ers. Earlier this year, I purchased the 1+7 Pro 12gb RAM version off the Oneplus site. initially, I tried to get that version from Tmobile retailer, but they didn't have any in stock at launch and didn't know if they would carry it...

Fast forward to December 6th, had no idea the 7T Pro McLaren was coming out, but found out through Android Police first, then saw it in my email. it being 5G definitely caught my interest, even though I already had a 1+7 Pro already. i saw that tmobile was going to carry it, so I went on their site to get it, but then I thought, why pay for shipping...i should check my local tmobile first...

To my surprise, there was only 1 available in my city...1! I was the first to get it and that made me feel special. The Tmobile employee told me 5G would be available in January and I was fine with that. Now I did see that I could trade in my 1+7 Pro for $ off towards McLaren, but here's the thing...I love the 1+7 Pro! Now I've got the McLaren and a backup! Both of these phones have the features I've been patiently waiting for. I'm coming off an LG V20 that was 1 of the last phones to have a removable battery, so of course I put a 10,000 mAh extended battery in it. It lasted for 3 years and thats 1 year past end of life. I play hard with Marvel's Contest of Champions and needed a new phone that could handle the speed at which I need for play. The extended battery swelled and failed the "spin test" thats how you know the battery is toast...well, that and your phone heating up way too fast.

When I first saw the 7Ts coming out, I didn't like the new design and where the camera was located on the front. i hate notches and the like, that trend really needs to die. When I saw the McLaren, I saw that it looked like my 1+7 Pro. Of course I am weary about non-removable batteries being damaged and no way to fix it besides carrying a power bank around. Regardless, these are 2 of the best phones I've ever had. Samsung lost me after Note 3 (extended battery), used that till LG V20 (extended battery), then 2019 I was ready to try a non-removable, 90hz refresh rate for gaming. I choose my phones very carefully. The 1+7T Pro 5G McLaren can go from 0% to 100% charge in a little over 1hr and thats very fast for a 4000 mAh battery. Giving up 10,000 mAh longevity is hard to do, but it took like 8hrs to charge it from 0% to 100%, so I gained speedy charging instead. Thats a win in my book.

If you are debating upgrading, I would say that once you use the 1+7T Pro 5G McLaren, you won't have any doubts. There is no phone better on the market right now. If you are a gamer like me, this is the gaming phone for you. Nevermind the RoG 2, Razers, or Shark, there is zero lag and 90hz is all you need. Go get this SEXY BEAST!

Bluecat08 and H1542153384332 like this.

6. mjamesskuba
    Donut Dec 8, 2019

I'm on McLaren through Tmobile and installed update for November OTA instantly.

H1542153384332 likes this.
  7. H1542153384332 , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Dec 8, 2019 :
    That's the main issue with Android 10 the new navigation gestures. Using the sides to go back and if like right now as I type I'll hit a letter key and not exit and go back. I enjoyed the home and back key much better.

8. mjamesskuba likes this.

9. mjamesskuba
    Donut Dec 8, 2019

I don't like or use gestures. You can choose what you want to use. I use buttons.

H1542153384332 likes this.
  10. malidan
    Marshmallow Dec 8, 2019

11. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Dec 8, 2019

malidan likes this.

12. pauljbutcher likes this.
  13. Bluecat08 , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 9, 2019 :
    I don't see the $300 off discount offer. can you cite your source, please.

14. Bluecat08 , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 9, 2019 :
    I've been reading all your posts regarding your issue. I don't have a solution just reading. I recently purchased my 7T Pro McLaren. I guess I better strap in LOL.

15. malidan
    Marshmallow Dec 9, 2019

malidan , Dec 9, 2019 :
    I thought the 4G Mclaren was $950?
    I read full price $1299 in the small print, 2 days ago I had to look twice to make sure. :tearsofjoy:

I hear the 5G ain't working on the Mclaren.

16. NickMidd91
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2019

NickMidd91 , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 9, 2019 :
    it will not work because it does not have the x555 chip for the antenna to connect look the snapdragon 855 and snapdragon 855+ do not support 5g for the McLaren version to connect to it they had to add that x555 chip to the antenna. next year's OnePlus 8 pro will have 600 and 2.5 and mmw on the 865 chip. the 2.5 is sprints 5g TMobile is buying