OnePlus 7t Pro GPS problem

1. F_Anirban_Mandal_fzTn
    Donut Jan 23, 2020

F_Anirban_Mandal_fzTn , Jan 23, 2020 :
    1. Frequently there is a Problem in locating my current location via GPS of my Mobile..!! It gets stuck at one place and cannot change even after entering my location manually in your Gmap app.. and finally the solution to it is a restart.. [e]1f623[/e][e]1f623[/e]
    2. Also after every monthly update when phone reboots for 1st time Navigation Bar disappears.. again a Reboot to get back the Navigation Bar
    3. Suddenly fingerprint starts saying dirty scanner and then starts in a loop though cleaned rigorously.. Again a Reboot and same scanner starts working like a New one.. 🤔🤔
    After paying Rs 50000+ I need to play Reboot Game with my Phone now and then.. Such a buggy software update..
    Maybe my 1st and last phone from ONEPLUS.. 😅😅

Shakhin likes this.
  2. Omid.Shekari
    Donut Jan 26, 2020

Omid.Shekari , Jan 26, 2020 :
    same problem with gps here. mine does not find current location at all !
    good thing you said. The 1st and last mistake I make about getting a oneplus.

V1572250538242 likes this.
  3. bobsta
    Gingerbread Jan 26, 2020

bobsta , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jan 26, 2020 :
    GPS is a well known issue with the 7T Pro and it's junior sibling the 7T. Think that OP didn't test GPS properly with Android 10. Hopefully a fix is coming but I'm not terribly hopeful.

Omid.Shekari likes this.
  4. BiyikLi
    Cupcake Jan 28, 2020

BiyikLi , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 28, 2020 :
    Try using a GPS correction app such as GPS Status and Inbox or any other GPS correction app. It generally fixes the problem of phones getting stuck on a satellite instead of actively triangulating the position based on best signals in addition to getting the agps data from the networks. I don't know the root cause of the phone's GPS issues, however this might help.
    In any case, even if the GPS problem gets resolved, it still is a helpful tool.

5. Omid.Shekari
    Donut Jan 28, 2020

Omid.Shekari , Jan 28, 2020 :
    I tried that and it didn't work. would you give a atep by step guide? maybe I did it wrong.

6. Baliksan
    Cupcake Jan 28, 2020

Baliksan , Jan 28, 2020 :
    None of it will work on some phones. T-Mobile just replaced my phone and now i'm going through the painstaking process of trying to setup the new phone to test it and see if it's any better.

Omid.Shekari likes this.
  7. BiyikLi
    Cupcake Jan 28, 2020

BiyikLi , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 28, 2020 :
    For GPS Status and Toolbox app:
    After installing the app and giving the requested permissions
    Open the app and select the location source. I use DDK but it's a subscription service. You can choose Google (fused). You are basically telling the app to use Google as the location source.
    Go to settings :
    Background Behavior
    -->check (use GPS when screen is off)
    GPS and Sensors
    -->set (auto download AGPS) to 1 hr {app will reset the agps data every hour)
    -->check (lock GPS speed)
    --> set sensor filtering to (strong)
    Display Tools
    -->check (show time to GPS fix)

Clean up your phone and do a fresh start and calibrate your compass before using any navigation app. .
    After restart, Open this app and calibrate your compass. keep this app working in the background. And start using your navigation app.

If you still have GPS problems then you have either have hardware issue or software issue with OnePlus.

Omid.Shekari likes this.
  8. sachitsharma02
    Cupcake Jan 30, 2020

9. VipeNess
    Eclair Jan 31, 2020

VipeNess , Jan 31, 2020 :
    Having the same issue....
    GPS is going nuts; even with the latest update that they released mid of this month. I get GPS Signal lost or Android Auto will send me down streets that I'm not even on... sometimes drive the other direction and the notifications sounds go crazy!!

I have the OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren.

Wiktor Bagiński likes this.