Oneplus 7t pro mclaren tmobile rooting

1. U1594319325287
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2021

U1594319325287 , Sep 22, 2021 :
    I am trying to root my oneplus 7t pro 5g mclaren, and I cannot seem to find the firmware. I already unlocked the bootloader and it is an unlocked phone meaning that tmobile unlocked it. I still get the tmobile boot screen but my about options says that it is unlocked for any carrier. Is this phone possible to root? I have an unlocked bootloader, I just need to find the firmware to root it. Is there any other way I can root it? How can I change it to a global version of the os if it already is not on one?

2. hallucinated
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2021

hallucinated , Oct 22, 2021 :
    yes. follow the instructions on xda. after you unlock the bootloader you get you boot.img file and you patch it with magisk. take the patched file and on a cmd prompt on your computer you flash the magisk Boot.img and when the phone starts up it will be rooted.
    fastboot flash boot "your patched .img"

3. VoidWalker00
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2021

VoidWalker00 , Nov 7, 2021 :
    I purchased my McLaren edition "unlocked" but I can't get past the fastboot screen and when I plug into my laptop the driver is not recognized, please help. I didn't know any of this was necessary when purchasing unlocked devices. Where can I download the driver. I also want to continue using it with T-Mobile

4. astracd
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2022

astracd , Apr 7, 2022 :
    Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking

On your phone go to Settings > About phone > Tap on Build number 7 times. This will enable Developer options. Now go back to Settings > System > Developer options > Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking. I also enable Advanced reboot.

Fastboot mode and Unlocking Bootloader

Turn the phone off. Then boot it into fastboot mode by holding volume up + and down - and power or select reboot to bootloader if advanced reboot is activated via developer options. The phone will display "fastboot" text indicating that it has successfully entered fastboot mode.

Plug the phone into your PC, then open a command prompt window on the desktop (Shift + Right Click -> Open Command Window here) and type:

fastboot devices

This command will list the connected devices. If your phones serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.

If the phone has been recognized by the command above, proceed to unlocking the bootloader with the following command:

Remember this Step will WIPE EVERYTHING off the phone so Backup all your Data

type:

fastboot oem unlock

You would be greeted with a Unlock Bootloader Warning page, Hit the Vol button to select Yes and turn it Blue and Hit the Power Button to Execute the selection

Your device will reboot, show you a Secure boot warning, reboot into stock recovery and wipe all data. Once done, your phone will reboot into the OS (It will take some time to get boot – just leave it to do its thing).

Congratulations you've now successfully unlocked bootloader!

Flashing TWRP Recovery and Magisk root

https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplus7tpro.html

fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.6.0_11-0-hotdog.img

Do not reboot to OS
    Boot into TWRP Recovery

Now in TWRP, tap on Install and browse to the TWRP.zip and install it. TWRP will now be installed to both slots. TWRP is now installed. Reboot into TWRP Recovery.

Now in TWRP, tap on Install and browse to the Magisk-23.0(23000).apk and install it. Reboot to system.

Congratulations you've now successfully rooted your phone!

Coldhea06 likes this.