OnePlus 7T Pro vibration problem

1. Jánosi László
    Donut Oct 22, 2019

Jánosi László , Oct 22, 2019 :
    Hi all!

I just got my new OP 7T Pro yesterday and I love it sooo much, but one thing is really annoying about it. I always use my phone is vibrate mode, because it's always enough to hear the vibration. Before this 7T Pro I had the 6T and before that the 5T and the 3T. I used every phone in vibration mode and I never missed a notification. But now with my shiny new 7T Pro I can barely hear any vibration when I get a notification. And this is really sucks :( I checked every settings in the phone, the vibration is set to strong, etc.
    So the problem is not that there is no vibration, there is vibration but it's extremely weak. And of course I can't feel any vibration when the phone is in my pocket.
    One thing I realized though. I also bought an official 7T Pro protective case (sandstone) for my phone. Of course I put the phone in the case from the first minute, so I tested the vibrations with it.
    But when I tried testing without the case, the vibration was a little stronger, just a little. So maybe the protective case is working as a "silencer" against the vibration? I heared that the OP 7 Pro and the 7T Pro has an updated vibrating motor the make vibrations stronger. For me, it's just getting worse, not stronger :(

Is there anything that I can hope for about this problem? Is it something the a software update can fix? I hope so.

2. siewertw
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2019

siewertw , Oct 22, 2019 :
    It noticed the same. I could hear my OnePlus 3 vibrate very well, my 7T Pro much less.
    I'm using it without case.

3. jsm
    Froyo Oct 23, 2019

jsm , Oct 23, 2019 :
    For me its a gift that the vibration is stronger, feels better and is more silent.

Sorry, but this kind of amuses me!

If you want to be notificated by a sound you should choose a sound to do that. Its simple as that.
    Maybe search for a vibration-sound if that satisfys you.

It sounds like you never use the "loud" mode, so you just have to switch to that.

4. vooze
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2019

vooze , Oct 24, 2019 :
    It's probably a software issue, since you can feel the vibration just fine when moving the slider. It's not not powerful enough when sending notifications.