OnePlus 7T received with manufacturing defect. Amazon and OnePlus both denying support.

1. harshitgoraya
    Eclair Oct 20, 2019

harshitgoraya , Oct 20, 2019 :
    Hi! I have had a hard 12 days running after Amazon and OnePlus for a OnePlus 7T device replacement that has a small dent in the display on the left edge. Here's the summary of what I've gone through:

• Ordered phone on 30th September through Amazon

• Phone got delivered on 7th October

• Took off the phone case to wipe the back panel and noticed a small hole/dent in the display on 10th

• Visited the OnePlus store to check whether this was a manufacturing defect - the store said that it was and I should immediately contact Amazon for a replacement

• Enquired with Amazon on the morning of 12th and Amazon said they that will send a technician for the problem on the 15th.

• Technician visited. He continued to stress on the fact that the phone is running perfectly. I told him about how the concern is the physical dent on the display and not the functioning of the display. He said he will proceed with a replacement request and said that Amazon will give me a call back.

• Amazon did not contact in anyway.

• When I contacted them on the morning of 16th, they said the phone was serviced correctly and there was no problem with my phone. I could opt for another technical check if I was not satisfied. I had to go with that cause there was no other way out.

• The next technician visited on the 18th. This time the technician understood my problem and told me that he shall do the needful. He asked me to contact Amazon after 2 hours.

• I talked to Amazon after the said time. Same story. They said my device was serviced correctly and there are no problems with it. Any problem with my phone is my fault and not under shipping or manufacturing defect. I told them that the OnePlus store employees have asked me to do the replacement on Amazon. They asked me to obtain a "Job-sheet" copy from the OnePlus store to prove my point and if I am not lying to them about the problem.

• Visited the OnePlus store on the next day at 7:00pm. They said the sales department could not handle this and I need to come the next day, earlier. The sales department agreed that the problem was a manufacturing fault and my device should be replaced by Amazon.

• Visited OnePlus service center today. First, the engineer working denied service saying it was a small minor defect.

• On talks with the manager, he said that he shall process this.

• They took the device in for a check-up, made me wait for a whole 2 hours and came with the solution that they cannot admit this manufacturing defect. Also, because I placed the order on 30th and it was the 20th today, I should not be getting Amazon replacement. I told them that Amazon has asked me to produce a Job-sheet and has told me that my device is covered under replacement because of my first complain on the 12th, which was just 4 days after delivery.

• They held their ground and said that they cannot do anything for Amazon's shipping and products.

• I got the requested job sheet and proceeded to contact Amazon with the same. The Amazon agent said that the 2 page job sheet was not original and could have been forged by me because there was no stamp on the paper, only a signature from the service manager. The Amazon agent mentioned "You cannot come to us with a document that is not stamped. This is not original. We cannot do anything about this. Also our technicians have checked your device and it's perfectly working. Please take your problem up with OnePlus."

In short: After being a fan of the brand of 3 years, saving up money from internships for the past 6 months, buying a device with all my heart; all I receive is this pathetic excuse for 'customer comes first' and over a week wasted in running around with the Amazon technicians and to a OnePlus store that is on the other side of the city. I have lost hope at this point. I don't want to submit my phone to a service centre and get it repaired under warranty. I can't have a week old phone of mine already opened and serviced because it was shipped with an error. Amazon is pathetic. I knew. But OnePlus isn't very good either. Apparently.

2. Starcommander
    KitKat Oct 20, 2019

Starcommander , Oct 20, 2019 :
    Upload an image here

harshitgoraya likes this.
  3. harshitgoraya
    Eclair Oct 20, 2019

Attached Files:

Starcommander likes this.
  4. Starcommander
    KitKat Oct 20, 2019

5. harshitgoraya
    Eclair Oct 20, 2019

Thank you for the help and time.
    I am unsure if they will process anything like that since they denied writing or accepting anything which says 'manufacturing defect' that could be shown to Amazon. They said I can come another day and ask if they can replace my screen under warranty. But,

• They were unsure about that

• I really don't want my new phone opened up for a replacement display so early. I use my phones for a long time and this will kill me.

Thank you for your time again.

Starcommander likes this.
  6. Starcommander
    KitKat Oct 20, 2019

Starcommander , Oct 20, 2019 :
    This happened to me with hp envy 13 laptop purchased from flipkart. Mine case was laptop won't boot. Still flipkart denied replacement. I had to call HP, so engineer came home, opened the ultrabook, cleaned the fans and voila it booted up.
    However I never wanted a fresh piece to be opened up.
    But HP was kind enough to give me DoA certificate. Still flipkart was denying even after getting certified from HP of getting defective product.
    I sent them so many mails and finally they replaced my product!
    It took around a month

7. harshitgoraya
    Eclair Oct 20, 2019

That seems like a similar situation you were stuck in. It’s just that out of all the tech-centric brands that are out in the market, I always expected OnePlus to have outstanding customer policies and stand up to their claims and promises of community first. Disappointed with my very first major purchase.

8. harshitgoraya
    Eclair Oct 20, 2019

9. vrm.viknesh
    Donut Oct 21, 2019

10. harshitgoraya
    Eclair Oct 21, 2019

harshitgoraya , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Too early to give up on the OnePlus brand, but stay away from Amazon as much as you can. Get your device from a store where you can verify and report immediately.

Getting stuck in a loop with service agents and technicians who do not want to help you is the last thing anyone wants.

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  11. xnutzii
    Lollipop Oct 21, 2019

xnutzii , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Get it from OnePlus.in, you'll 100% get a device without issues.

@SoniaB, can you escalate this case? Thanks

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  12. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Oct 21, 2019

SoniaB , Oct 21, 2019 :
    @harshitgoraya can you please PM me your OnePlus support ticket number or case ID and I will escalate to admin.

Please do not tag Manu.J as he is in OOS development and is not CS.

Thanks

13. harshitgoraya
    Eclair Oct 21, 2019

harshitgoraya , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Hi! Thank you for the prompt response.

I'm sorry, I'm fairly new to the community here and was not aware of the CS team hierarchy. I could only find Manu J from some other threads. Will make a note of it.

There's an update: The OnePlus service centre called me a while ago and said that the technical team has asked them to replace my device. They have asked me to visit the store today and they'll see if the replacement can be done. I'm hoping for a positive end to my day today.

I shall send you a message if I run into another wall. Will also let you know about what happens at the centre today.

Thank you, again!

vrm.viknesh and Mayank Khajanchi like this.
  14. vrm.viknesh
    Donut Oct 21, 2019

vrm.viknesh , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Thanks for your response

15. xnutzii
    Lollipop Oct 21, 2019

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  16. vrm.viknesh
    Donut Oct 21, 2019

vrm.viknesh , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Hopefully speaking I'm a lover of OnePlus product since the launch of OnePlus 7T.And moreover I'm saving my pocket money for getting a brand new OnePlus 7T with 90Hz display. But when in the morning , when i saw about some threads regarding poor Amoled display enhancements, I really got upset. But I know very well about the OnePlus, how they will consider and respect there Fans and customers.Since I had a few talks regarding getting my review model mobiles for my YouTube channel from them.But even now unfortunately still i haven't received my request fullfilled. Hoping to get it soon.

Love you OnePlus [e]1f618[/e].........

17. harshitgoraya
    Eclair Oct 22, 2019

harshitgoraya , Oct 22, 2019 :
    Hi!

Update:
    • OnePlus asked me to visit their store with my device for replacement
    • They said that they received a response from the technical team to do so
    • I got a new device in exchange of the old one

Verdict : Kudos to the OnePlus service team.

Also, try and purchase electronic products from official stores instead of Amazon or other retail sites. Amazon's delivery, customer support and servicing can be a real pain.

haricharankumar and vrm.viknesh like this.
  18. harshitgoraya
    Eclair Oct 22, 2019

haricharankumar and vrm.viknesh like this.
  19. vrm.viknesh
    Donut Oct 23, 2019