OnePlus 7T series in Canada

1. G_Graham_Neill_bAWu
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2019

G_Graham_Neill_bAWu , Sep 16, 2019 :
    I am seriously hoping that Canadian networks have come to their senses and will be carrying the OnePlus 7T series starting in October. With there now being (at least) 3 networks in the US carrying OnePlus (Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile) I can't, for the life of me, understand what's taking so long.

OnePlus...are you listening?

2. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Sep 16, 2019

cdnfarmer , Sep 16, 2019 :
    Hi there,

I'm a forum member and I own a OnePlus phone. I don't have all the answers but one thing that I can say is the phone works on major networks in Canada. In fact, it is often cheaper to buy the phone outright on the website and get one of their "bring your own phone" plans. You may even be able to find an older OnePlus device even a 6 and simply put in a sim card and go with it.
    Btw, I've talked with network providers and was told that there are many steps to go through.

insainity and o0snoopy0o like this.
  3. insainity , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 24, 2019 :
    Just chiming in, the 7T supports all the band's in Canada as well. I believe you'll have no issue wherever you go. Unfortunately for us we have to only purchase it from the website and the cost is higher because of CAD.

Also it's probably not OnePlus's fault. Carriers here only care about one thing, that is quick return on their investment aka Higher priced phone = more money they make when people upgrade on a contract. I have always been purchasing phones outright the last few years as over a 2 year period it ends up being cheaper.