OnePlus 7T uneven display colors via OnePlus 7T

1. G_Shashank_K_R_UfgY , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 17, 2019 :
    I bought the OnePlus 7T on the launch day in India, exchanging my 3T in the process.

After 10 days, I noticed that the display has uneven colors at low brightness and especially on dark grey backgrounds (which means in every Google app in dark mode). This became very irritating and noticeable on almost any screen, I can't unsee it now and it bothers me a lot, especially after parting with 32000 of my hard earned money. The left side of the screen has a purplish tint which seems to reduce a little when I switch to 60Hz mode.

Unluckily for me, Amazon only had a return period of 10 days. Amazon instructed me to visit the service centre.

I visited the Koramangala exclusive service centre in Bengaluru and explained the issue. They declined a replacement or fix as it was not very visible at normal brightness (plus the bright lights at the centre made it sort of invisible). There was no way for them to even check the display at low brightness as the entire store was brightly lit.
    They could only do something if they could see it themselves.

Due to the nature of my job, I need to use my phone extensively during night hours at low brightness, and this really bothers me.

I have attached photos of what it looks like when seen through an S9 and iPhone X camera. I'm not sure what to do next, please help.

EDIT: A friend of mine bought a 7T too, but his display seems to be flawless. Maybe it is only affecting the first batch?

1571337713221.jpg

1571337713251.jpg
    1571338378789.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019

G_Shashank_K_R_UfgY likes this.

4. Liehjan
    Lollipop Oct 18, 2019

Liehjan , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Get the device replaced or display changed, that looks awful!

5. G_Shashank_K_R_UfgY , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 18, 2019 :
    I've tried, the service centre rejected a replacement as they couldn't see it in the bright lights of the store.

6. Cherarules
    Donut Oct 18, 2019

Cherarules , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Same issue I have but for me green tint upper half screen ,if I change to 60hz it reduces green tint bit..

7. tviched
    Froyo Oct 18, 2019

8. Cherarules
    Donut Oct 18, 2019

Nope it’s off

10. S1571416531275
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

11. Cherarules
    Donut Oct 18, 2019

But i feel it makes ma phn bit better wen night mode turned ON, and if u hate green tint try enabling DC dimming into ON and set around 45% manual brightness then green tint fade away..

12. G_Shashank_K_R_UfgY , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 18, 2019 :
    I initially thought that DC dimming was causing the issue, so I disabled it. But even with it off, the purple tint in my phone was visible.

13. ChrisFR06
    Froyo Oct 19, 2019

ChrisFR06 , Oct 19, 2019 :
    I unboxed my 7T this friday and played with it for 10 minutes. I noticed the whites are kind of yellowish (on any brightness) and that under 50-40% and when on a dark/grey background, there's a red tint. I immediately put the phone back in the box (reboxing it I guess lol) and asked for an RMA on the OnePlus website.

They accepted it and I sent it back this morning. I keep watching the Community forums, the OnePlus subreddit (/r/oneplus), the Discord, the Telegram group and OnePlus fan groups on Facebook. I've seen up to maybe 20 people talk about this issue so I hope it isn't that widespread. Now I just gotta hope the service center (CTDI Poland) I sent my phone to accepts the replacement request AND that the replacement doesn't have the same issue.

I've attached a pic (taken with my 6T) of my 7Ts screen that shows the problem. Again, I'm hoping this problem isn't widespread... First time that I'm disappointed by OnePlus.

Here's a picture to show you what I mean : https://imgur.com/gallery/Y6ytFh2

[​IMG]

14. G_Shashank_K_R_UfgY , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 19, 2019 :
    I hope they accept it, it looks dreadful. Mine isn't bad as yours, but is irritating nonetheless. I've raised a complaint with OnePlus customer care, going to visit the main service centre in my city soon, hoping for the best.

ChrisFR06 likes this.
  15. ChrisFR06
    Froyo Oct 19, 2019

ChrisFR06 , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 19, 2019 :
    Oh you're lucky, I live in France so the nearest service center is in Poland and I had to send my phone. Please tell me how it went tomorrow :)

16. tviched
    Froyo Oct 20, 2019

ChrisFR06 likes this.

ChrisFR06 likes this.
  18. Nimish Naik
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2019

Nimish Naik , Oct 31, 2019 :
    So, you saying it's normal?

Nimish Naik likes this.
  20. Nimish Naik
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2019

Nimish Naik , Oct 31, 2019 :
    That sucks. I too see discoloration when brightness is kept at 20-30% and after reading so many posts about it, I feel it's sheer bad luck that we ended up with compromised display units[e]1f613[/e]