OnePlus 7t Volte Vowifi issue

1. Shinjan_Saha
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2020

Shinjan_Saha , Jul 2, 2020 :
    I am using Airtel sim in India. The volte and vowifi disappears very frequently. In a day it happens around 5 to 6 times. I have to switch on and off the aeroplane mode to get it back.

Sometimes Vowifi disappears only and Volte is displayed even when I am connected to a high speed wifi and my call preference is set to 'Calls over wifi'.

I am using the latest Oxygen OS 10.3.3.

Is it known issue with this phone? Or is it the Oxygen OS which is having the issue?

Any solution to this problem would be highly appreciated.

bullu likes this.
  2. Rana_S
    Froyo Jul 3, 2020

Rana_S , Jul 3, 2020 :
    This is not phone's problem. This is an issue of Airtel. VoWIFI is still evolving and hence not yet fully stable.

3. Shinjan_Saha
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2020

megha0103 likes this.
  4. NumberSix
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2020

NumberSix , Jul 4, 2020 :
    Just to add VoWiFi will turn off if the cell signal is sufficient enough for a better call.

5. Shinjan_Saha
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2020

Shinjan_Saha , Jul 4, 2020 :
    Doesn't that depend the calling preference? Like 'Calls over wifi' and 'Calls over mobile network' options are present to choose which one to give preference.

Still this does not explain how both volte and vowifi disappears at times.

bullu likes this.
  6. NumberSix
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2020

NumberSix , Jul 5, 2020 :
    When i am downstairs in my house every phone i have owed that was capable of Wi-Fi calling uses VoWiFi but when i go upstairs and the signal is stronger it reverts to VoLTE, it seamlessly hands off so as a user you shouldn't even notice it has done it. I wasn't trying to explain the problem in hand, i was just highlighting how VoWiFi works.

Shinjan_Saha likes this.
  7. megha0103
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2020

megha0103 , Jul 5, 2020 :
    Same issue with me. Wifi calling works fine on other devices at my home connected to the same wifi.

Shinjan_Saha likes this.
  8. m4gr01ino
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2020

m4gr01ino , Jul 26, 2020 :
    I am having the very same issue, VoWifi does not work when connected to my Wifi, it works in other wifi networks, though. VoWifi works perfectly with other devices connected to the same wifi.

9. subhajit01
    Cupcake Aug 15, 2020

subhajit01 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 15, 2020 :
    I've got the OnePlus Nord 12GB 256GB model where I have two sim from Jio and Vodafone. When I'm connecting to Wifi (using JioFi) my phone is showing VoWiFi signal on the sim 1 where I've put Jio sim card. But after sometimes, I'm loosing connection on Jio sim. Although VoWiFi signal is there, I'm loosing network coverage. Then when I disconnect from wifi I don't get Volte signal back in Jio also. Have to restart phone or go and comeback from Airplane mode is only resolving the issue. Any idea how to solve this?