Thanks for sharing these pics.

xsulpeno likes this.
  2. Montucky
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 12, 2020

3. Montucky
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 13, 2020

Montucky , Mar 13, 2020 :
    1584121155192.jpg

I was playing around with the camera in wide again. It seems to want a center mass focus. So, it appears it helps to focus on your subject in the dead center of the viewfinder and then frame up to take the shot.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020

4. sidhgssgh
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2020

sidhgssgh , Apr 13, 2020 :
    I mentioned the same issue.

Does anybody check the wide angle lens it with rooted Gcam or something similar?

I dont know if you can use the focus in a pro mode fashion that way, but if it is possible maybe one can test if it is a hardware or software issue. After 3 years the servomotor of the camera of my oneplus 3 also could not focus or just focus sometimes. It kind of looked like thr issue with the wide angle lens at my 7t.

It is my second oneplus 7t in 6 months. If I have to send my device in again and have about 2 weeks another shitty phone, I will never ever use a oneplus anymore.
    I am kind of angry about the phone, to be honest!

5. Chri!
    Cupcake May 25, 2020

Chri! , May 25, 2020 :
    Update 10.0.9.. The Wide angle camera still has the same focus problems.

Venkatesh_Shiga likes this.
  6. rhn3456
    Cupcake Jun 10, 2020

rhn3456 , Jun 10, 2020 :
    Has anyone contact support and have they given a specific time line to have this issue resolved?
    When I emailed they standard non logical response was to raise a request on the thread.
    BS customer service and totally disappointed by one of the great features of the phone.

7. P1578981988171
    Donut Jun 10, 2020

xsulpeno, Justin_JJaY and bhattpratik like this.
  8. lvknippenberg
    Cupcake Jul 26, 2020

9. Venkatesh_Shiga
    Eclair Jul 26, 2020

Venkatesh_Shiga , Jul 26, 2020 :
    No reply. No improvement. Already 2 devices launched 8,8pro and yesterday Nord. now they won't pay attention towards old devices much.

For issues u have to use it anyways as it is.

Sakshamtiwarii and Justin_JJaY like this.
  10. lvknippenberg
    Cupcake Jul 26, 2020

lvknippenberg , Jul 26, 2020 :
    Although they launched 2 devices since the 7T, the phone was released "only" 9 months ago, so I wouldn't call it old just yet. Also, you cannot ignore an issue that has been reported practically when the phone was launched and then call it outdated when you launch a new model (or multiple).

As pointed out above, it is possible to shoot sharp images if you switch camera mode and don't give it time to auto-focus, so I would expect that a software update can solve this, and I find it odd that Oneplus has not made any statements on this.

Sakshamtiwarii and Justin_JJaY like this.
  11. danial.aw
    Eclair Aug 3, 2020

danial.aw , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Having the same issue on Oneplus 7 Pro.... has been going on for a few software updates, happens on stock stable and open beta. The issue also happens in Gcam and I have a feeling oneplus hasnt mentioned anything about this is because its a hardware issue and they dont want to be held liable having to fix crap quality sensors.

Sakshamtiwarii and kmshashank like this.
  12. G1577276536672
    Cupcake Aug 18, 2020

Sakshamtiwarii likes this.
  13. Dk1993
    Donut Aug 23, 2020

14. geoxar
    Honeycomb Aug 23, 2020

geoxar , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Aug 23, 2020 :
    WoTh997

More people should know how camera work. They forget the fact that these are really tiny sensors trying to work like bigger cameras.

The blur can be fixed by using wide angle in well lit areas as the aperture is smaller than the main lens.

Unfortunately this is not the case here... I captured hundreds of pictures last month, all of them landscapes in Scottish Highlands (apparently with plenty of light) and when I was switching to the ultra wide lens I was literally fighting to take a picture without blur... Really bad configuration with this specific lens, we certainly need a software update here.

15. ade0410
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 23, 2020

ade0410 , Aug 23, 2020 :
    I did originally notice this after I got my 7T in January. However I did find, when switching to wide angle, if the shot was blurred then pointing the camera at the ground in front of me then moving it slowly up to the scene I wanted to photograph prevented it from being blurred.

Having said that since I'm now on the beta channel, I've noticed in the past couple of betas that the problem at least for me is rare. Wide angle is proving pretty clear each time I use it.

Sakshamtiwarii and geoxar like this.
  16. geoxar
    Honeycomb Aug 23, 2020

geoxar , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Aug 23, 2020 :
    It looks like genuine software issue to me. Hopefully it will be resolved soon [e]1f609[/e] Thanks!

Sakshamtiwarii and Dk1993 like this.
  17. Y1598274039096
    Cupcake Aug 24, 2020

18. Deactivated User
    Aug 26, 2020

19. xsulpeno
    Froyo Sep 8, 2020

xsulpeno , Sep 8, 2020 :
    Have the same problem with my oneplus 7t now. Did not have this problem some months back, also did not notice when exactly the wide angle lens has gone all soft and fuzzy (especially in anything other than bright light).

Sad to see this being around since the phone was launched. Shame that this thread isn't marked resolved as yet!!