[Submitted] OnePlus 7T wide angle lens always out of focus

1. Venkatesh_Shiga
    Eclair Jan 7, 2020

Venkatesh_Shiga , Jan 7, 2020 :
    Title OnePlus 7T wide angle lens always out of focus
    Device OnePlus7T Software Version O2 Stable 191206
    Topic Suggestion
    Photos 1223717-e97f22b21a8a303622a7cbfaf14e2f4f.jpg 1223718-0b692e18c24d1a0c8ce4d1be482fd963.jpg
    Feature Needed Background Description Even after the latest update 10.3.0 the Wide angle camera lens is still clicks out of focus picture. It is really hard and i wasn't even able to bring the picture in focus in wide angle lens. Here it is my experience i had my vacation in Mahabaleshwar. The picture i took from Normal lens are always perfect but when i started taking pictures the camera app suggested to "Try wide angle lens" it is obvious to take landscape in wide angle then i switched to wide angle in direct sunlight the wide angle camera didn't focus at all when i slightly shifted from direct sunlight the camera focused sometimes and didn't in some situations. i want to know exactly what is the issue related to is it software or hardware? It really doesn't feel good when you have feature in your phone and you are not able to use it because of some issues.
    Any other comments
    Even after the latest update 10.3.0 the Wide angle camera lens is still clicks out of focus picture. It is really hard and i wasn't even able to bring the picture in focus in wide angle lens.

Here it is my experience i had my vacation in Mahabaleshwar.

The picture i took from Normal lens are always perfect but when i started taking pictures the camera app suggested to "Try wide angle lens" it is obvious to take landscape in wide angle then i switched to wide angle in direct sunlight the wide angle camera didn't focus at all when i slightly shifted from direct sunlight the camera focused sometimes and didn't in some situations.

i want to know exactly what is the issue related to is it software or hardware?

It really doesn't feel good when you have feature in your phone and you are not able to use it because of some issues.

Attached Files:

2. bernierei
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2020

Venkatesh_Shiga likes this.
  3. Leshiy21d
    Cupcake Mar 4, 2020

4. sidhgssgh
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2020

5. Venkatesh_Shiga
    Eclair Apr 17, 2020

Venkatesh_Shiga , Apr 17, 2020 :

sidhgssgh

Same Problem here.

Do you know if it is a software or hardware issue?​

I mostly think this is a hardware issue. As this 7T Device consist of a Macro mode I don't know how OnePlus is achieving this without a dedicated macro lens. This achievement might be the cause of the problem as the focus is getting shift during the use of ultra wide cam might be glitch due to macro feature. I don't know why there is no response from OnePlus team abt this series issue.

sidhgssgh likes this.
  6. W1574360993004
    Cupcake May 13, 2020

7. H1592222388554
    Cupcake Jun 15, 2020

8. lvknippenberg
    Cupcake Jul 26, 2020