ONEPLUS 8 & 8 PRO Launched, It is worth the price?

1. Liehjan
    Lollipop Apr 15, 2020

Liehjan , Apr 15, 2020 :
    There are Youtubers that isn't paid, like dave2d and MrMobile... Let's see what dxo mark gives the phone :p

2. Y.Singh
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2020

Y.Singh , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 15, 2020 :
    I think I'll get decent money out of it in 2 years Samsung's lose value so quick like a s10 is dirty cheap.

3. X1586970536373 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 15, 2020 :
    hmmm..you beleive in dxomark..no one can argue with you.🤣dave2d everyone knows how much of a fanboy he is of one plus..and from past experiences it's always been like this..at launch camera is always great..after a few weeks all go for gcam and still cant go at par with flagships. the video performance of this camera unit is pure garbage. maybe some shots may look better..but for point,shoot and do your work i won't trust one plus camera's even 1%.

MarkusRanz likes this.
  4. X1586970536373 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 15, 2020 :
    hmmm..nope..in india no retailer even buys a one plus phone second hand as they can't sell it to anyone at a good price..i went and sold my 6t for dirt cheap..after that it's always apple and Samsung for me...and s10+ still sells at 35 40k at retail shops which is good after a year..also compare the buying price and then see the depreciation..73k(with galaxy buds free) and selling it for 35k after a year..it's not apple like resale..but still very good.

5. Y.Singh
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2020

yes that is correct however to live in the UK and I've seen many sold online for decent money the Samsung are Greta to buy used they are like 400 pounds after 8 months.

6. X1586970536373 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 15, 2020 :
    idk about uk..but in india one plus resale value is bad..and now with prices increasing and value for money factor decreasing to a point where i can add a few bucks and buy samsung or apple..why to go Chinese. 🤷‍♂️

7. Y.Singh
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2020

true, I always went with Samsung until the 7t pro and the exynos dilema I cannot live with a phone that is just slower than other phones in the same category. but I'm thinking of going Samsung next time. ofcourse 3 to 4 months used as it's cheaper.

8. X1586970536373 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 15, 2020 :
    exynos is pure shit..idk why they don't launch snapdragon globally.. but at a discounted price yes samsung is good value.. and now v iPhone se2 is coming for 30k(if i buy from us) and that a13 bionic chip is daddy to all of these snapdragon chipsets..

Y.Singh likes this.
  9. jerrymilton
    Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2020

jerrymilton , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Then wait for the LITE version. At $900 (899) in the US, it is still cheaper than other 5G flagships. end of story.

10. axb2014
    Froyo Apr 15, 2020

axb2014 , Apr 15, 2020 :
    For me the closest thing to what I want (top specs, unlocked bootloader phone with near stock Android skin and timely updates) is Oneplus. For a while, Huawei was making the right moves but Trump ban and their iffy bootloader policy put an end to that. At first glance, a lot of phones look like better deals but they cumble as soon as I take a closer look. Would I have liked a cheaper phone without IP rating, motion smoothing chip and wireless charging? Yes but I don't get to decide what's important so I have to SETTLE for the closest match.

11. jgcaap
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2020

jgcaap , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Still doesn't explain price bump of 120euros

12. Liehjan
    Lollipop Apr 15, 2020

Liehjan , Apr 15, 2020 :
    I don't care in benchmarks, just curious to see how it performs in the tests...
    Every youtubers is a fan boy of a brand, does not always mean that they are paid off ;) few years ago oneplus didn't even give Linustechtips a review device because he bashed them so hard :D

13. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Apr 15, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 15, 2020 :
    The wholesale cost of the Qualcomm 865 is known to be a lot more expensive along with uprated cameras, 5G and many other parts will have increased. But I would have thought maybe about €70 increase might have covered it.

The Pro though again there is additional cost there with the additional charging, camera, 5G and other hardware. However maybe about €100 more, might have been more reasonable.

But they are saying India will have much cheaper prices, and maybe no 5G,4G only which could bring down the price substantially.

14. OexS

OexS , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Yup too expensive for a phone. I think they are going to lose some costumers. But still nice phones though.

15. jgcaap

jgcaap , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Lets see. I don't think it is that honestly.

16. strafer
    Lollipop Apr 15, 2020

strafer , Apr 15, 2020 :
    :D There was no OnePlus device without justified criticism. I know because I am a forum user since nearly six years, I bought several OP devices, I yet own one of the first OnePlus One phones. In a perfect OnePlus world there is no other manufacturer but it isn't. So OP has to live with comparisons and with criticism. And every time there is someone who cannot handle with it and writes "Then buy device xy if you don't like OnePlus!" like you did.
    No, I will not buy an OP phone or any other. And compared with other devices the prices are too high. Tell me arguments why a constant Samsung customer shouldn't buy Samsung any more but OnePlus. I can't find any. They will reduce the fan base, their faithful customers, and don't have arguments any more why someone should buy an OnePlus instead of a Samsung or Xiaomi to get new fans. They failed.

the_o2, meatandy, otto2 and 3 others like this.
  17. rationale
    Froyo Apr 15, 2020

rationale , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Nexus 5 back in 2013 had wireless charging, the best SoC on the market (SnapDragon 800), monthly updates, premium FullHD display, one of the best cameras (still decent in 2020) and was a true flagship. And it cost $400. Stop BS everyone with "premium" costs a top dollar. No, it does not.

OnePlus has decided they are a premium vendor akin to Apple/Samsung and they now can charge everyone insane prices. Let's see how many devoted fans it really has. I'm almost sure 8/8Pro will be their worst selling phones ever.

2pints likes this.
  18. bkeaver , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 15, 2020 :
    seriously, you're comparing tech from 7 years ago to today's? and no that is still not a great phone today sorry. just stop

JrWriter87 likes this.
  19. rationale
    Froyo Apr 15, 2020

rationale , Apr 15, 2020 :
    I don't understand what you tried to say in your message. It sounds like total gibberish to me.

Also, Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro cost $400 in China. Not too premium for you? Discover Xiaomi Mi 10 with wireless charging for $600. OnePlus asks at the very least $900 for 8 Pro. Perhaps you're too rich or just spoiled.

20. MarkusRanz

MarkusRanz , Apr 15, 2020 :
    i buy the phone directly from the cheapest seller like Amazone ONePlus directly.
    I don’t need to make debts to buy a phone...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020