ONEPLUS 8 & 8 PRO Launched, It is worth the price?

1. 2pints
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2020

2pints , Apr 15, 2020 :
    I went from the Nexus 5 to a op3T, op5T, and at the moment a OP6T, and all are good devices, but with a few flaws that can be lived with as you get a lot for a little, or you used to.
    the 8 series isnt a go out an get, at these price points it needs a little more looking into, and it justifys research.
    Fro the price of a Oneplus 8 pro base model at £799, i can also get the Iphone XS Max, Samsng Galaxy S20 and a few others.
    I'm no fan of apples iOS but one thing that applpes does better than anyone is support, plus going mainstream means that if the device is damaged, then samsung or apple parts are easy to find, as are repair shops and accessory shops.
    The lack of these support servies for onepus devices was and is part of the trade off - pay less get less

rationale likes this.
  2. malidan
    Nougat Apr 15, 2020

malidan , Apr 15, 2020 :
    All BBK/OPPO. Funny how everything OP didn't have has also turned up in a OPPO including the waste or time video smoothing. The framerates they are trying to do it at just doesn't work that why nobody bothered with it.
    4 year old tech is 4 year old tech and that's what OP deal in stuff that has already been done.
    This glorious 10 bit tech, has also resided in LGs and Sony's for a little while.:rolleyes:

3. sblantipodi
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2020

sblantipodi , Apr 15, 2020 :
    OP means OverPriced now not OnePlus. They forgot why they became what they are.
    Flagship phones without bells and whistles at the right price.
    Now we have all the bells and whistles at the idiot price, a segment where you can't beat Samsung and Apple.

p51d007 and rationale like this.
  4. sblantipodi
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2020

sblantipodi , Apr 15, 2020 :
    OP means Over Priced now xD
    they became famous for flagship phones without bells and whistles at the right price and they switched to
    flagship phones with bells and whistles at idiot price.

you can't beat Samsung and Apple in this segment.

MarkusRanz likes this.
  5. jok3r
    Donut Apr 15, 2020

jok3r , Apr 15, 2020 :
    once it was a flagship killer with a good price. now its just another flagship nothing left

p51d007 and rationale like this.
  6. parasound
    Eclair Apr 15, 2020

parasound , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 15, 2020 :
    very disappointed with oneplus 8 pro. definitely won't be buying it . going backwards with the punch hole in the screen . and over priced. and giving UK customers the poorest deal .

gcocucci likes this.
  7. BENJZ89
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2020

BENJZ89 , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 15, 2020 :
    kinda 15million IDR MORE EXPENSIVE THAN MI 10 PRO , OMG !! i shall not buying it , not worthed to upgrade it also , stick with 7T mylast for next next year , though saving for Snapdragon 875 5nm+ 🤦🏼

8. jgcaap
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2020

jgcaap , Apr 15, 2020 :
    From what I analyzed the community is getting smaller and smaller. These phones aparently started to loose traction. It was sad since cyanogenmod was dismantled it has been coming down slowly.

9. staygold1gr
    Gingerbread Apr 16, 2020

staygold1gr , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 16, 2020 :
    I paid 699 to get the OnePlus 7 Pro and it was already much more than it's predecessor but still the best phone I've ever had

now I need to pay 999 to get the 8 Pro, go back to an awful punch hole and get IP rating (useless), wireless charging (useless) and 5g (useless). oh and better camera but my camera was just fine. 300 dollars more for these features and a back step on the screen. no thanks.

sort yourself out OnePlus.

parasound likes this.
  10. BENJZ89
    Gingerbread Apr 16, 2020

BENJZ89 , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 16, 2020 :
    really undistributable to anonymous for commenting this forum [e]1f60f[/e][e]1f60f[/e]

11. p51d007
    KitKat Apr 16, 2020

p51d007 , Apr 16, 2020 :
    You people don't seem to understand what Oppo did, when they spun up a ghost company called OnePlus. They made a phone, with a few less features, cheap plastic back cover (swappable), ATTRACTIVE price. Look at the Oppo Find series, you'll see it looks like the OnePlus One. Then, by not spending any real money on marketing and advertising, they claimed to be a startup, not having the manufacturing or money to create a LOT of product, so the invite was created to create a feeding frenzy, and create more hype. It worked (although it took a while for people to figure out Oppo & OnePlus were the same company, per se, owned by BBK, and that OnePlus doesn't manufacture ANYTHING) With each successive release, they have added color, style, bling etc to inch the price up higher and higher to the point they are not really a so called flagship killer anymore, but have reached what they wanted...flagship prices. If you wait until a new more expensive model is announced, and about to release, you can really pick up a bargain by purchasing last years "flagship" priced phone, several hundred dollars cheaper, and a REAL bargain.
    Hey, it's YOUR money, spend it how you see fit, but, me? I prefer value for my money, and waiting until the price comes down to what I think it a reasonable price is how I spend my money.

12. TheSpoken
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 16, 2020

TheSpoken , Apr 16, 2020 :
    That's not true, the op7 pro did not have as much water resistant protection (very little) as ip68 had, especially with the pop up camera. Lets not kid ourselves here. That campaign was a little bucket of water under controlled conditions.

I agree on the price, by the time this releases the other flagships will undercut Oneplus. Frankly at this point the next time I grab a phone it'll be an Lg or Samsung a couple months after release, when they deprecate. I'm happy with my Lg g8, even they've improved on software updates which is great.

Q1572331463736 likes this.
  13. MarkusRanz

MarkusRanz , Apr 16, 2020 :
    So what Else do you Need....it survives in a bucket of water:
    https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=...=pdJ7t2eLRV4&usg=AOvVaw2hvbYYAwWdFcG65bEcrmMG

The camera has a seal, I don’t think this will let water in and I don’t know where that rumor comes from.that they skipped the pop up because of this.
    I never drowned any of my phones or iPads, sometimes there is rain or I accidentally pour some drinks over them and I always clean them with water and soap. No device died and they are almost never ip rated so I don’t care.

the_o2 likes this.
  14. MarkusRanz

MarkusRanz , Apr 16, 2020 :
    ONePlus 7T pro was 759€
    Oneplus 8 pro is 999€

they increased the price 240€

That’s the sneaky trick from Apple, they charge 100 for more memory. That creates a lot more margin and you can advertise with a lower price!
    They copy the bad things from Apple but not the good ones like camera software!

gcocucci likes this.
  15. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Apr 16, 2020

the_o2 , Apr 16, 2020 :
    For those who are getting very excited about IP ratings,

Water/liquid damaged won't be covered under warranty.

pablofg1978 and MarkusRanz like this.
  16. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Apr 16, 2020

Chinda , Apr 16, 2020 :
    True I will give Samsung some credit they do usually lower their prices on their flagship phone's after a few months of release.

Still wouldn't touch a Samsung Galaxy S20 series smartphone in 2020. As here in the UK it uses the Exynos 990 instead of the Snapdragon 865 like in other countries.

Loads of people have been complaining about problems related to the Exynos 990 inside the phone's.

Y.Singh and pablofg1978 like this.
  17. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Apr 16, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 16, 2020 :
    Personally I have a yearly renewal program from my carrier. Pay for a year and then return the phone and start paying for a new. In total only paying of 50% before upgrading.

18. D1558283364027
    Donut Apr 16, 2020

Jeff Suazo, Y.Singh and Swejuggalo like this.
  19. jgcaap

jgcaap , Apr 16, 2020 :
    Instead of saying it's not possible can I suggest the spec price and make here a list with the cost prices.
    The Rom development is mostly transition from one Rom to another. So not much RD.

About Samsung i do not think is a good price. It's wrong. Ethically is completly wrong how så sun's sets prices. Unfortunately this is capitalism. :/

I'm sorry if my comment was wrongly done but I just feel sad that the phone is completly off my reach and that the community of oneplus is disappearing slowly as we have less and less users.

MarkusRanz likes this.
  20. Petko_Antonov
    Honeycomb Apr 16, 2020