ONEPLUS 8 & 8 PRO Launched, It is worth the price?

1. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Apr 16, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 16, 2020 :
    OnePlus launching a mystery product tomorrow in China, could it be the OnePlus Z?

https://m.gsmarena.com/oneplus_laun...hina_could_it_be_the_oneplus_z-news-42698.php

2. Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Apr 16, 2020 :
    Totally agree with you!

bobsta likes this.
  3. priasda
    Froyo Apr 16, 2020

priasda , via OnePlus 3 , Apr 16, 2020 :
    Well I was comparing the OP8 pro model here. Also Huawei's notch is probably even worse than the punch hole.
    OP's Android Oxygen is much better although I agree the camera in Huawei is miles better.

We should also consider Huawei P30 pro model was super expensive at launch.

Y.Singh likes this.
  4. priasda
    Froyo Apr 16, 2020

priasda , via OnePlus 3 , Apr 16, 2020 :
    It depends on personal preference. For me Oxygen OS is miles better and I'm sure many others feel the same.
    Samsung's camera spec is much better but they usually have a tendency of overprocessing saturation and contrast.

I got the S20 ultra at £1199 but I didn't think it was worth more than £700-£800 so returned it. Actually I found camera focussing issue as well.
    I'll not upgrade to OP8 pro either because of punch hole.
    My OP3 is still running like a beast but after 3-4 years usage struggling with space regularly. So probably most reasonable option for me now is to get a OP7 pro or 7T pro at a reduced price when this crisis is over.

5. GuitarBart
    Jelly Bean Apr 16, 2020

GuitarBart , Apr 16, 2020 :
    I don't know think I find the price worth it. Unless I can use referral points I'm most likely skipping this and keeping my Oneplus 5.
    Waiting for what the 8t Pro will offer.

6. Joker_harley
    Donut Apr 16, 2020

Joker_harley , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 16, 2020 :
    u will pay this much only for the ui ? no i dnt think brother

7. TheSpoken
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 16, 2020

TheSpoken , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 16, 2020 :
    MarkusRanz

So what Else do you Need....it survives in a bucket of water:
    https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=...=pdJ7t2eLRV4&usg=AOvVaw2hvbYYAwWdFcG65bEcrmMG

The camera has a seal, I don’t think this will let water in and I don’t know where that rumor comes from.that they skipped the pop up because of this.
    I never drowned any of my phones or iPads, sometimes there is rain or I accidentally pour some drinks over them and I always clean them with water and soap. No device died and they are almost never ip rated so I don’t care.

I've seen testing of it under actually pools, it's not as strong compared to ip68 rated devices. Under a little water sure, but it's no ip68. It's seals are not as reinforced as other phones so it'll leak in there far easier than say a galaxy s10.

Oneplus said themselves, it's good for rain or a small puddle but that's it.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020

8. BrownDosaGuy , via OnePlus 5 Slate Gray , Apr 16, 2020 :
    well I would say optimization,but clearly someone who is willing to shift Mi would hardly know anything about that.

9. Joker_harley
    Donut Apr 16, 2020

Joker_harley , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 16, 2020 :
    i know but my friend i think it will be stupidity if i will give this much price for the ui only oneplus is not apple or samsung

10. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Apr 16, 2020

Bouncer71 , Apr 16, 2020 :
    no arguing that...

And I'm sure glad it is that way... ;) [e]1f609[/e]

11. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Apr 16, 2020

12. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Apr 16, 2020

13. mr-b
    Honeycomb Apr 16, 2020

mr-b , Apr 16, 2020 :
    The article speculated that may be the case.... charge other territories higher prices to subsidise the losses in the Indian market where it's biggest share is.

14. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Apr 16, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 16, 2020 :
    Well. Different countries have different buying force. Even stuff like apps in Play Store can be cheaper in India.

Sometimes when it comes to electronics prices can go down due to variations in assembly line. Some electronics may even have slightly different components from different factories to lower the costs to maximize the profit in counties where the profit otherwise would be low.

15. L1513523103691
    Cupcake Apr 16, 2020

16. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Apr 16, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 16, 2020 :
    China gets a lower price... If you are in India you probably get it cheaper too...
    But also check what everyone else demands for high end SD865 equpied phone. Oneplus is not alone with the price bump

17. jgcaap
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 16, 2020

jgcaap , Apr 16, 2020 :
    So we need to order from India or China.. Bah

18. Goran dzankic
    Cupcake Apr 16, 2020

Goran dzankic , Apr 16, 2020 :
    One plus 7 pro is perfect . One plus 8 pro disappointment,cut out screen,price up because of things that people who really like this company doesn't care,for example wireless charging ,why,dash charging is so fast that you don't need wireless, waterproof certificate !? It was already waterproof i literally take showers and watch tv show or even play games in bathtub even dropped couple times . So all that things that put price up is unnecessary. I hope one plus company will see mistake and make it better on one plus 9 pro just like they made 7 pro just with hardware upgrade. For now one plus 7 pro is king.And one more thing 5g technology is not available everywhere and next year it will be better and more coverage so this is year for skipping new 5g phones .

19. mojoyoyo_77
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Apr 16, 2020

mojoyoyo_77 , Apr 16, 2020 :
    Really, the 7 Pro is a great phone, swapping it out for the 8 Pro would be on a whim. A new model is not intended for the owners of the previous model, there are many more people on the planet.

20. mojoyoyo_77
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Apr 16, 2020