ONEPLUS 8 & 8 PRO Launched, It is worth the price?

1. mojoyoyo_77
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Apr 16, 2020

mojoyoyo_77 , Apr 16, 2020 :
    I very much doubt that the Indian market will have losses, on the contrary. Who knows that data?

2. M1573603066089
    Donut Apr 17, 2020

M1573603066089 , Apr 17, 2020 :
    I felt the price was high everyone are interested in OnePlus as theyre coming up with good features in lessee price but it's time to think whether we should continue with OnePlus hardly all mobiles last upto 3 yrs only based on the usage

3. Sermonator
    Donut Apr 17, 2020

Sermonator , Apr 17, 2020 :
    Okay, so in Canada the entry OnePlus 8 is $120 more than an entry-level iPhone 11. And the OnePlus 8 Pro is $20 more than an iPhone 11 Pro. Yes, the 8 series phones are glorious to behold, but I think OnePlus may have just priced itself out of the market in Canada. Too bad, I'll miss them. 😕

Anthya888 and Uncle timmy like this.
  4. L1513523103691
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2020

L1513523103691 , Apr 17, 2020 :
    Lower price than other area doesn't mean it's affordable. Was expecting a lite version, but nothing. There are people who needs SD 865 but doesn't require or care for things like 3 or 4 cameras, 120hz or 90hz display, wireless fast charging. they could have even gone with fingerprint sensor in the back or power key. would have been lot more affordable. iPhone on the other hand is launching SE 2, with their latest chip for 399$ which looks promising.

5. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Apr 17, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 17, 2020 :
    Just as several resellers did with previous modells. So grabbig a China phone with International firmware is nothing new

6. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Apr 17, 2020

I think the lite/z version is still on the way (but probably with MediaTek+5G). Too many rumors not to. Jist later or limited regions. The upgrades and especially the 865 kind of makes it hard to feel affordable this time around. Same problem on other brands with 865. Even Poco has said they don't plan to make a 865 due to both price and 5g didn't fit their main comsumers. I guess it hard to make the 865 fit into the "good bang for the buck" cathergory

L1513523103691 likes this.
  7. X1586970536373 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 17, 2020 :
    lol..better design??samsung perfected their smartphone design after s8..and they're doing it verry well..try using this phone without a case and yes there are many people who use phone's without cases..its just a pain to use a phone with such a bad curve design..reminded me of s8 days..snapdragon is marginally better than exynos in real life(leave the benchmarks out)..no one is playing pubg or rendering big videos all day on a phone..their are macbooks and pc's for that..and if you use phone like a phone i think samsung s20 ultra is wayy better than this...for a few bucks extra you get credibility,good camera's(well still apple is king in processing and camera),better resale value than one plus..and a better credibility in society..no one's gonna think i'm a cheapstake at my meetings going with a cheap chinese phone..it happens..apple and samsung got a good brand value and people like to stick to that..one plus is just another cheap brand trying to copy the better ones and now getting toe to toe on price with the brands it wants to copy.🤷‍♂️with less money invested in R&D and advertisements etc..i think price hike is just a shitty move at this point of time.

8. priasda
    Froyo Apr 17, 2020

priasda , via OnePlus 3 , Apr 17, 2020 :
    Have you seen S20 ultra and 7/7t Pro side by side?

9. X1586970536373 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 17, 2020 :
    i'm using an s20+ right now..not the ultra..but the design is more or less the same..and my colleague got a one plus 7t pro and yes we all agree samsung designed it wayy better to handle and text on the phone and browse for long hours..and also the design cues and weight is much better on the Samsung..the only thing i liked on the 7t pro was a clear no notch screen but that's also removed now..so yes..overall you can't says its better designed..even apple users say samsung phone's are better designed these days..and this is one plus(ummm not so well known for designing)🤷‍♂️

10. X1586970536373 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 17, 2020 :
    and i also got one plus 3t till now as a backup..that's a good looking phone..and i sold my 6t after a year..its not one plus isnt good but isnt the best either..and now when they sell their products with such a close difference from better products i dont think i mind spending extra on better products than this..🤷‍♂️

11. G_Mario_Delgado_tpus
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2020

G_Mario_Delgado_tpus , Apr 17, 2020 :
    I am a big oneplus fun, but I think the company made a big mistake with the price, with the economical situation of the world, this 8 generation should have been the same price or even cheaper than last price!! Apple has just made a great move with the new SE, sure it looks outdated, but the price, the camera (it will be far better than anything at its price point! ), and the cpu and more important the situation of the word right now will make it a home run for apple! I am glad that I was able to buy the 7pro at discount!!;)

12. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Apr 17, 2020

G_Mario_Delgado_tpus

I am a big oneplus fun, but I think the company made a big mistake with the price, with the economical situation of the world, this 8 generation should have been the same price or even cheaper than last price!! Apple has just made a great move with the new SE, sure it looks outdated, but the price, the camera (it will be far better than anything at its price point! ), and the cpu and more important the situation of the word right now will make it a home run for apple! I am glad that I was able to buy the 7pro at discount!!​

People expect the best SoC and better camera. Since the SoC added a pretty heafty price bump by itself some brands have the exact same price problem. Some even avoid using the SoC altogether.
    Poor timing yes. But it's not only Oneplus that got price bumps.

https://micky.com.au/google-nokia-lg-snub-qualcomms-snapdragon-865/

13. [GG]
    Jelly Bean Apr 17, 2020

[GG] , Apr 17, 2020 :
    They are both nice looking phones but i prefer by far the less pronounced curves on the S20 screens than Oneplus. I think Samsung nailed it as far as that goes. I do like the overall look of the OP8 pro though.

14. Anthya888
    Froyo Apr 17, 2020

15. randallian
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2020

randallian , Apr 18, 2020 :
    I am seriously considering the Samsung S20 as it has a 3X telephoto, more RAM in base model and smaller form factor, and can get it on sale for not much more. Really do not want to give up on the OnePlus as started with the Oneplus 1. The telephoto is the real dealbreaker for me.

16. G_Pooya_Panahandeh_zAWo , via OnePlus 3 , Apr 18, 2020 :
    before we could buy oneplus but now they give you many option and if you want to go for the good one you have to pay a lot, as a student who lives here in budapest, it's look impossible that I can get 8 pro. and I won't go for down version of 8 pro.

17. Alex_Cerv
    Gingerbread Apr 18, 2020

Alex_Cerv , Apr 18, 2020 :
    OnePlus was unique for its policy(flagship killer) at first, than, that make top specs(not the highest, which is the best as noone use all that power) at a very good price 750 euro is high tho....but both 7 Pro series get its award for that.
    On top of award it has even customers love and interest, and you know happy customer brings new ones day by day.

I hear a lot and read about SoC bla bla bullshits price hike, and may be even more real than true.... but following the best and strong Oneplus policy, i expect for this year keeping the 855+ which may differ nothing for everyone in day by day usage, 120hz and camera improvement, which may lead to a <100 euro hike from older brother.

This i was expecting, yes i agree is too late as you said me even before:D:D:D, but not too late for my wallet which remain healthy, not even for my eyes as pop-up camera is the best for me, full screen experience, and security/privacy point of front cam being hidden when not used!

Too late for OnePlus, why you think they say "out of order"? there is a reason behind it.... but never ever in 20 years i hear this on launch of plethora of devices....and no is not CoronaVirus issue, which most are hiding behind when selling is a flop......
    i will still remain Op loyal customer as my 7Pro is a beast, if this year i will be in a mood of change, Oneplus will not be in my interest:(:(:p:p:D:D

18. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Apr 18, 2020

19. tobias14
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 18, 2020

tobias14 , Apr 18, 2020 :
    I preordered OP8 Pro 12/256 GB version,
    estimated dispatch date is April 22

But now my Carrier is offering special deal for S20 series; I can get S20+ for 715 EUR on a 2 year contract or Ultra for 1030 EUR
    This is very tempting so I need to think this through now, may eventually cancel the preorder..do not know

raj.vardhan21 likes this.
  20. raj.vardhan21
    Gingerbread Apr 18, 2020