ONEPLUS 8 & 8 PRO Launched, It is worth the price?

1. vish1191
    Honeycomb Apr 14, 2020

vish1191 , via OnePlus 5T , Apr 14, 2020 :
    They're just Playing with their fate in the Indian market, big Gamble

2. malidan
    Nougat Apr 14, 2020

malidan , Apr 14, 2020 :
    I would have to agree he gave his usual credits to Apple,Pixel and OP.
    His bias is there for all to see in every single video. $$$$$

bobsta, sfomin and ilovesoneplus like this.
  3. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Apr 14, 2020

ilovesoneplus , Apr 14, 2020 :
    U mean the OnePlus sponsered MKBHD ;)

malidan likes this.
  4. malidan
    Nougat Apr 14, 2020

malidan , Apr 14, 2020 :
    I can't disagree with that.

5. malidan
    Nougat Apr 14, 2020

malidan , Apr 14, 2020 :
    S20 is already cheaper than the OP8 in the EU and with a 2 year warranty from a reputable third party seller.

MarkusRanz likes this.
  6. cagiva85
    Froyo Apr 14, 2020

cagiva85 , Apr 14, 2020 :
    It's absolutely NOT worth it... I'm really disappointed about the pricing in Ireland 719 and 819 respectively...
    So the question is now the pricing is shocking, what other new phones, are out there for us to consider as FLAGSHIP KILLERS..

REALME X50 PRO 5G
    Redmi k30 pro
    Any other options people...

andyPR23, malidan and MarkusRanz like this.
  7. malidan
    Nougat Apr 14, 2020

malidan , Apr 14, 2020 :
    Both of those kill the OP8 with superior specs and make the OP8 pro and everything that costs more look totally silly.
    I'm still eyeing the Black shark 3 at the £450 mark and if your not a camera man the OPPO ACE 2, 65/40 wired and wireless charging is worth a look.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020

cagiva85 and Q1572331463736 like this.
  8. bobsta , via OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition , Apr 14, 2020 :
    Nearly every smartphone tech reviewer on YouTube has praised the new phones and supported OP's high pricing because they got the phones for nothing and they don't want to lose out on future freebies. There is no such thing as a unbiased review when a reviewers' channel has tens of thousands of subscribers - it's in their own financial self interest to side with the manufacturers to continue being in receipt of free smartphones. I don't trust their reviews - I only trust the reviews of people who have bought them.

19TCC62, andyPR23, cagiva85 and 5 others like this.
  9. malidan
    Nougat Apr 14, 2020

malidan , Apr 14, 2020 :
    Well said. I almost forgot my old phrase, the true test is when it hits real ✋ ✋ ✋ ✋

bobsta likes this.
  10. jgcaap
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 14, 2020

jgcaap , Apr 14, 2020 :
    I was thinking of buying generation 8 but the price is too high for me. :\ Especially on a year, I wanted to mature my programming skills. I'll stick with Oneplus 5T for now. I think they are playing with the price for the fact that number 8 is the lucky number in China and seeing how it goes. Hardware is fine but the software I do not think Oneplus has the best honestly. If they had more updated revisions like Android one over their ROMs with more often updates I would definitely want the device.

I hope that the lucky ones getting it to enjoy the device. Waiting for the reviews.

cagiva85 likes this.
  11. jgcaap
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 14, 2020

jgcaap , Apr 14, 2020 :
    I think they are wanting to move up to quickly while trying out the Chinese lucky number. It was expected to have a higher price but this is quite a jump. Lets see what will happen.

12. Jeff Suazo
    Donut Apr 14, 2020

Jeff Suazo , Apr 14, 2020 :
    Sorry to hear a lot of disappointment regarding the price. If you take a look at OnePlus last series (7/7T) the room for improvement was achieved on the 8 series (camera, IP rating, 120 Hz, Wireless Charging, 5G).
    OP 7 Pro started at $670 at launch. Compared to 8 Pro maxed specs the difference is $230, enough to get most of us out of interest, BUT this is the company finally landing at the best of the best area.
    OP 8 Pro has the best display available, fastest Wireless Charging, Best Processor, Great charging speed, great camera, best software, and price below competition.

There is no way to improve from last series without increasing the price.
    If you want:
    Great performance W/O 5G: 7 Pro
    Great performance W 5G: 7T Pro
    Flagship Killer with good performance: 7T

The world of tech change, today's flagship killers are last year's flagship. The phone we wanted the 8 Pro to be would probably be the 8 Pro at 2021 at a lower price.

Spoiler alert: McLaren edition will compete with NOTE 20, iPhone 12 and other flagship at their same price range.

YpsilonTM, pablofg1978 and cagiva85 like this.
  13. Y.Singh
    Gingerbread Apr 14, 2020

Y.Singh , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 14, 2020 :
    I don't see anything won't with this they have legit made a near perfect smartphone. it's got everything a good camera screen speakers design everything and it's like 100 pounds cheaper new.

Chinda likes this.
  14. Jeff Suazo
    Donut Apr 14, 2020

Jeff Suazo , Apr 14, 2020 :
    Google Pixel 4 was a $700 big fail and they didn't miss to speak it out loud. Seems like frustrated Samsung users are among us...

15. Secondbushome
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2020

Secondbushome , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Definitely the truth. Ultimately they review phones as part of the hype machine, outside of considerations of price, value, or long-term use. It is in their interest for people to keep buying phones, regardless of whether it makes sense or not.

16. malidan
    Nougat Apr 15, 2020

malidan , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Who said it wasn't a fail, the Pixel is always a fail, that what the comment was about.
    MKBHD only pushes 3 brands regardless of the capabilities.
    There isn't any frustrated Samsung fans here , sorry bud they comment fell flat like OP's pricing.

17. ArsZGM
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2020

Sighn likes this.
  18. andytheforester , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 15, 2020 :
    In my opinion the OnePlus 8 series has now become too expensive to consider buying, especially the OnePlus 8 Pro. Yes I appreciate that the phone is 5G compatible but 5G isn't widely available in the UK yet and the cost of a 5G contract is too much to pay each month in comparison to what I pay now for 4G.

It's a shame that OnePlus have gone from flagship killer at a reasonable/cheap price to pricing themselves up there with the big boys. The balance of compromise for a nearly there phone for a cheap price was what bought me to OnePlus in the first place with the OnePlus 3. I didn't expect perfection because I was paying a lower price. The value of the phones back then were worth it because of this.

I currently have the OnePlus 7 Pro and am very happy with it. This phone was borderline highest price I'd pay and unfortunately OnePlus have outpriced me on this one.

What are your thoughts on this?

19. Secondbushome
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2020

Secondbushome , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 15, 2020 :
    And this is where OnePlus jumped the shark. They are basically pandering to tech reviewers and people who argue over who has the 'best' this or that. The majority of consumers don't care, what they see is price and usability. What OnePlus had down for years was that and they managed to tow the line pretty well last year between compromise and tech fodder. This year, not so much. Not only was it the price increase but also the inclusion of 'features' that just seem unnecessary. Suddenly, OnePlus has become gimmicky.

The unfortunate side effect (at least in the US where OnePlus was basically the only OEM in the budget flagship segment) is now it leaves a vacancy in that phone segment where, for whatever reason no other Android OEM considers making phones in.

andyPR23 likes this.
  20. Vger2
    Donut Apr 15, 2020

Vger2 , Apr 15, 2020 :
    With the OnePlus 8 Pro price going up, I'm hoping OnePlus will offer a trade up program for their new phones. I just got my OnePlus 7T when it was released and a trade up program would definitely get me to trade up.