ONEPLUS 8 & 8 PRO Launched, It is worth the price?

1. Achman likes this.
  2. andytheforester , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 15, 2020 :
    I understand your point about the Snapdragon 865 but they have also put that chip in the basic 8 series and that has a starting price of £599. For the 8 series to add £100 for 4gb more of ram and 128gb of storage seems like quite a price jump for each model.

This is the reason I left Google phones and moved over to OnePlus in the first place. Again, they were decent phones at a reasonable price but suddenly became too expensive to purchase as they got more established.

My OnePlus 3 cost me £309 when released. 4 years on they are charging £600 more for their phone. Yes understandably they have now produced better phones but that much increase in 4 years is a lot.

andyPR23 likes this.
  3. Liehjan
    Marshmallow Apr 15, 2020

Liehjan , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Users cried a river last year when the 7pro didn't have wireless charging nor IP certification... Now it has all the features and then people start to cry about the price...

upload_2020-4-15_9-24-14.png

4. jgcaap
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2020

jgcaap , Apr 15, 2020 :
    I honestly feel that to try to justify the higher price by any means is wrong.
    The brand is not premium.
    The software is not a quality level.
    Community wise seems to be getting smaller and smaller.

The options we have for software are a Google pixel for same price.

My view is, if oneplus sells price is kept. If oneplus doesn't sell enought price will be lowered.

The 100euro price bump was an abusive move.

Good luck during corona crisis time, where people are not worried about their phones but about their life.

Money will be less in many places. I don't really see how much they are going to sell.

I wanted to buy but I can't for this price is just to high.

The brands are a bit crazy with the phone pricing market now.

5. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Apr 15, 2020

Dunnow , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Yes. I feel it's gone too far this time. Price was always my main worry regarding new devices. When they started with the 2 models plan was already thinking this would happen. But a base model al 700 eur is too much...

I hope they can backtrack in the future. Else this prices will be a barrier for so many.

MarkusRanz and cdnfarmer like this.
  6. Jameseld82a
    Eclair Apr 15, 2020

Jameseld82a , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Even though the 8 pro is more expensive than the 7 pro and now on level terms with Apple and Samsung I would much rather choose this over the Samsung (at least in the UK) One reason for this is the chipset.

I currently have a Note 10+ 5g which I upgraded with EE beginning of the year as the 5g contract was identical to the 4g. This runs the Exynos 9825 chip and I have to say it is awful. The battery life is rubbish, the phone is so laggy when running through menus and app switching. Honestly I still have my OP7 Pro I bought last year and much prefer it over the Note 10 for performance and battery life.

So what I’m saying is that if you are in the UK the OP8 models seem to me to be a much better option than a Samsung S20 in my opinion.

If it wasn’t for the limited colours offered here I would be pre ordering without a doubt.

7. firedeamonxen
    Froyo Apr 15, 2020

firedeamonxen , via OnePlus 5T , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Yes there's no doubt about it. I bought OnePlus 5T 2 years back without any hesitation that I am will get the most for my money from this device and hold true to that part. The software experience, the build quality and the specifications top notch. Now I think they are just trying to appear that they are on par or above with the quality and features they are giving as compared to other flagships is just absurd. I think OnePlus 5T was my first and only OnePlus device. I'll move to other good options out there!

Davidi24 and MarkusRanz like this.
  8. SasaX
    Eclair Apr 15, 2020

9. Eric G.C.
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2020

Eric G.C. , Apr 15, 2020 :

Shashank Mahajan

I think we should the see company side too. They have invested a lot money too. I think the cost is also very high now.
    They have improved the camera which almost every oneplus fan needed and asked OnePlus for it.
    No doubt, they have increased a price alot, but never disappointed us in giving us the best phone of the year.
    Still it's price in India will less than Samsung S20

PS: OnePlus is always my go to phone. 🙂​

I agree. The OnePlus 8 is AMAZING! But sadly I would never pay 1k for a phone. I bought OnePlus 3T at a good price and fell in love with OnePlus. I wanted to change my phone because this one is now old. I would have accepted to go for even 800€ for it.

I was very sad, I was so excited to get an brand now top of the line phone. But everything went down when I saw the price. Is it worth it? I'm sure. It's an amazing phone. But I won't pay 1k for a phone. Unless I win the Lotto hahaha

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020

Shashank Mahajan, Davidi24 and Sykora like this.
  10. FIVEONE
    Froyo Apr 15, 2020

FIVEONE , Apr 15, 2020 :
    nost people buy OP because you get more for less
    its now $100 shy from a galaxy s20 ultra
    most users will just go back to buying Samsung and iphones now
    good job OnePlus for screwing.

kevonn95 and MarkusRanz like this.
  11. Liehjan
    Marshmallow Apr 15, 2020

Liehjan , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Where do you live where prices are that similar?
    Here s20 ultra is 1399€ and 8pro 999€

Clocktwerk likes this.
  12. andytheforester , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Some users did you are correct. Last year the phone was essentially waterproof and dust proof anyway without the IP certification and wireless charging is overrated in my opinion. It's just a dock that has to be plugged in with wires anyway! Was perfectly happy having neither in order to keep the price down. As I've said previously, nearly there phones for a reasonable price rather than a there phone at a very high price.

Davidi24 and Liehjan like this.
  13. andytheforester , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 15, 2020 :
    I get your point about Samsung definitely. I wouldn't move that way, I'll just stick with the OnePlus 7 Pro for now.

The colour choices seem to be very limited per model and I really don't like that green!

kevonn95 likes this.

14. Last edited: Apr 15, 2020

Jeff Suazo likes this.
  15. vish1191
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2020

vish1191 , via OnePlus 5T , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Exactly what i feel

bobsta likes this.
  16. vish1191
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2020

MarkusRanz and bobsta like this.
  17. jgcaap
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2020

jgcaap , Apr 15, 2020 :
    I think they will gain market if this goes well but I fear the community concept will be forgotten. It will be like Sony. The difference is that Sony prices are completly justified as the engeneers working there put a lot of effort and smart work to kernel and Roms development.

MarkusRanz likes this.
  18. bobsta , via OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition , Apr 15, 2020 :
    OnePlus have lost sight of their most important asset - their existing customers. When a company starts from the beginning, they focus on their customers but once they're established, they couldn't care less as they chase new customers to generate extra revenue. OP focused too much in chasing new customers, social media tech reviewers etc rather than focus on existing customers.

MarkusRanz and Secondbushome like this.