ONEPLUS 8 & 8 PRO Launched, It is worth the price?

1. Kburkett
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2020

Kburkett , Apr 15, 2020 :
    The thing I dont like about buying a Samsung phone (which I have in the past before OP) is that they come pre loaded with bloatware and bloat from the carrier. My OnePlus phone is much better with only minimal bloat. ;) To me that is enough to buy the OP phones. I dont want that stuff on my phone and some people dont know how to remove it.

Clocktwerk likes this.
  2. oneplus3l
    Donut Apr 15, 2020

oneplus3l , Apr 15, 2020 :
    I use to buy iPhones before oneplus, got tired of paying high prices for iPhone and was introduced to the high value oneplus phones, bought the 3 and now have the 5.. But now that they are priced like apple devices how am I supposed to justify once again buying another Oneplus?

What would be some good alternatives from Samsung, lg or other?

3. Puigmerto
    Donut Apr 15, 2020

Puigmerto , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Exactly, i don't know where those people live but in my country, a Samsung S20 ultra 12+128 costs 1.359€ the 16+512 version costs 1.559€, even on Amazon where they usually lower prices the basic version of the s20 ultra costs 1.159€ which is 150€ more than the 8 pro 12+256 so....

Clocktwerk and Liehjan like this.
  4. MarkusRanz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2020

MarkusRanz , Apr 15, 2020 :
    it’s kind of Hard to see which complains are real ones and which are only comparisons. For example the IP rating was more a comparison. The phones were already splashproof without the rating, everyone knew it.
    Wireless charging would have cost 5 bucks if they just implemented the QI support...the proprietary wireless charging in a vertical stand, where you could have easily used a normal usb c connector is wasted money... only reason to use it is in normal charges which are built in cars or tables whatever, so a QI support is a good thing especially if you have already glass back...

One thing which we have to think of is not the listprice, it is the normal streetprice. And on Samsung the sale prices are cheap. ONePlus offers no discount.

price value was outstanding for ONePlus but now it is only okay. It moved from a no brainer to a normal piece of tech where we have to compare and decide which phone is the best.

Jimbo the Great and DidierSer like this.
  5. Joker_harley
    Donut Apr 15, 2020

Joker_harley , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 15, 2020 :
    oki you r right but what about the op 8 it has last year camera sensor and lpddr4x ram same charger as 7t so what the reason for that price for op 8

6. bkeaver , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 15, 2020 :
    I'm feeling like your simplifying this whole feature cost a little too much. in fact I feel that since you have such a good grasp of how pricing and tech actually costs and how it should be implemented I am so excited to see what you release and your pricing. please keep us all in the loop

7. Joker_harley
    Donut Apr 15, 2020

every body has there right to speak of you have problem then dnt come to the thread that guy up there is expressing his emotions his frustration so you cant stop him

Jimbo the Great likes this.
  8. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 15, 2020

B_Wrath , Apr 15, 2020 :
    No. Nobody has the right to create a duplicate thread in this forum. This is not facebook to post "what's on your mind".
    This is a user forum with rules, which you agreed to follow while creating your account here. Everybody is expected to honour the agreement you made.

9. Joker_harley
    Donut Apr 15, 2020

this is nt a copy paste thread and its nt a hifi place where rules are mande here in this community we apeak fir us if its banned then bye for this shit

Abradon01 likes this.
  10. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 15, 2020

B_Wrath , Apr 15, 2020 :
    RIP English.

Duplicate threads mean threads having the same topic of discussion. And yes, you agreed to something. Irrespective of the importance, you are supposed to abide by your agreement. If you selectively follow rules based on the severity, you are an untrustworthy person.

meatandy, Sheppards and ngydat like this.
  11. Joker_harley
    Donut Apr 15, 2020

12. alex531S
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2020

alex531S , Apr 15, 2020 :
    In Canada s20 ultra 128gb is 1479

I'll post some screenshots about pricing in canada.

Note that samsung has additional 200 dollars off if you trade in any flip phones.
    Screenshot_20200415-095204_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200415-095201_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200415-095133_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200415-095129_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200415-095035_SPC.jpg Screenshot_20200415-095027_SPC.jpg Screenshot_20200415-095022_SPC.jpg

danielwang and Clocktwerk like this.
  13. anesh007

kevonn95 likes this.
  14. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018; Community Scholar 2020 Apr 15, 2020

the_o2 , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Hi, just wanted to know how this phone have 4G variant with SD 865 according as it's mandatory to have 5G at such price, if we gonna blame alone to SD for everything :rolleyes::rolleyes:

https://www.techradar.com/in/news/iqoo-3-4g-and-5g-variants-launched-in-india-starting-at-rs-36999

Just for information IQOO is also a sub brand of OPPO just like OnePlus.

15. Achman
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2020

Achman , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Truth be told, they're very expensive. Most people the position to buy the OnePlus 8 will very much likely consider the S20. OnePlus has shot themselves in the foot.

kevonn95, MarkusRanz and Paul Harandt like this.
  16. MarkoBatrac

MarkoBatrac , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Buy Samsung and enjoy than, if you like it.. Oneplus is brand which has a lot of quality. But there will be always complaints. Last year where is IP68 certificate, now oh it is there , why the price is so big :) funny

17. Paul Harandt
    Eclair Apr 15, 2020

Paul Harandt , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Achman is right, they should have stayed with the price around 900€ max. everything over that price point. oneplus is. not in the right set to compete with, im a oneplus fan/lover whatever you wanna call it since the OnePlus One, I personally had the OP1,OP2,OP5,OP5t,OP6,OP7 Pro over the last years. OnePlus isnt something they were a few years ago. And yes the need to make money thats what a company has to do, please investors (BBK Electronics) and others.

Also looking into the future, 99% theres gonna be a OP8t is it gonna start at 899 ? and then go to over 1199 ? I hope atleast that they wont increase prices for the op8t and that they stay the same as now for the op8. I also hope that op sees that they didnt amuse the community and that in a few weeks/months the op8 gets a decrease, even when. its just a small one, in price.

Anyways if you want to get a coupon visit the site below https://oneplus-voucher.com

MarkusRanz likes this.
  18. Puigmerto
    Donut Apr 15, 2020

19. MarkusRanz

MarkusRanz , Apr 15, 2020 :
    IP rating adds no value, just adds up price. That’s what they advertised last year with the bucket campaign. I liked that, I think the same.
    I also need no wireless charging, dash/warp charge is superior it charges the phone fast while using it. Backcompatiblity to normal QI would be a nice compromise but a proprietary wireless dock which cooks your phone for 70 is ridiculous.

so basically the real difference between 8 and 8pro is the display and the cameras. Camera is average like always and display on 8 is perfect so 8pro is just showing off and adds no real value.

that combined with the marketing goal to be like Apple is causing this problems. You also see this in prices for storage upgrade, Apple always was very expensive with that and now OP makes the same. That’s just to increase margin.

OP doesn’t wants to be the best value for your money for techlovers, it wants to make money like Apple. That’s sad for some people who never thought that could happen and this causes a lot of rage .

Cavist and strafer like this.
  20. mr-b
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2020

mr-b , Apr 15, 2020 :
    I think OP really pushed the price limits with the OP7/T. This has gone beyond and I think a lot of OP buyers may lose interest and start looking for the next OP, the next flagship killer with mid range price. As poster above said, shot themselves in the foot here.