OnePlus 8/8Pro NFC is not working on London TfL transport via OnePlus 8

1. Mahdaad
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2020

Mahdaad , via OnePlus 8 , Sep 5, 2020 :
    Hi folks, I have an OnePlus 8 and its NFC is not working on TfL buses, undergrounds and train stations but it works in shops. Do you have any idea what the problem is? Is OnePlus going to fix this issue?

I used to have an OnePlus 6 and was working fine.

Thank you,

2. andrewd71
    Froyo Sep 5, 2020

Mahdaad likes this.
  3. JakeBSHere
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2020

Attached Files:

andrewd71 likes this.
  4. andrewd71
    Froyo Sep 20, 2020

andrewd71 , Sep 20, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update, seems there may be a fix in sight at last.

5. JakeBSHere
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2020

JakeBSHere , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 21, 2020 :
    Yeah I really hope they didn't tell me that just to reassure me, but yeah hopefully a fix is near. I don't like how they've handled all this and kept it low key. Considering its affected pretty much every OP8 series phone in the UK...

smant83 likes this.
  6. kenny_chan
    Eclair Sep 26, 2020

kenny_chan , Sep 26, 2020 :
    Super annoying, I found this out today at Oxford Circus looking like a complete noob/user error trying to tap in. It miraculously worked eventually but left me trapped at Canning Town unable to tap out. The phone vibrates and acknowledges the NFC pad, but the TFL reader lights up red with an error message and so does the phone with the dreaded 'That didn't work!' message. Glad the OP team are working on a fix.

smant83 likes this.
  7. G_Giuseppe_Masia_lqQb , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    Joining the club I guess.
    Same issue here with oneplus 8 and latest software update didn't address the issue. It's extremely unreliable and works almost never on transports, flawless in shops.

8. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Oct 22, 2020

Gav_W86 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    the TFL (and indeed other transit system) payment system seems to work in its own unique way, so has caught out a few phones over the years. They are apparently working on a fix, but the more reports/log data they have the better - so always worth reporting it via the bug report feature in the OnePlus Community app (tap the red + button and select Feedback, then choose bug report).

9. JoeLuscombe
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2020

10. JoeLuscombe
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2020

JoeLuscombe , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    Have you got Oxygen os 11 yet? I still haven't and I am hoping it will fix it

11. JakeBSHere
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2020

JakeBSHere , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 22, 2020 :
    Aight so I contacted them again and they said they're aware and "considering it" I don't think it's going to ever get fixed. I sent my OnePlus 8 back and got a OnePlus 8 pro. It doesn't work on TFL still but at every other shop it's fine. I'm willing to accept TFL won't work but it is still a bit annoying. The OnePlus 8 on the other hand hardly worked at any shops. My advice would be bite the bullet, send it back and get another phone. If you don't need TFL the OP8 Pro is an option

12. G_Giuseppe_Masia_lqQb , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    Nope, still on Oxygen OS 10.5.10.IN21BA, which is the latest OTA I received.
    Got on a bus today and didn't work, but worked on my way back 🤷‍♂️ . I have to keep an oyster card handy, I don't have a contactless card. Not the end of the world, but not very convenient either as I use my phone as my main payment method.

13. FlugzeugSK
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2020

14. Tclarke-94
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2020

Tclarke-94 , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    Contactless payments is a nightmare with oos 11 only thing making me regret moving from s20 it's like 10 attempts every time.