OnePlus 8 coming soon?

1. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 4, 2019

camohan , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Thread merged.

2. Liehjan
    Lollipop Oct 4, 2019

Liehjan , Oct 4, 2019 :
    This is a stupid design decision, at least do it like the Note10 and put it in the middle.. Fingers crossed the 8pro keeps the full screen design...

Would like to time travel to the future when sensors are fitted under the screen :D

Adam_Whiting likes this.
  3. Loveit
    KitKat Oct 4, 2019

Loveit , Oct 4, 2019 :
    I find the corner hole punch looks nicer then a central one or a water drop notch.

Not sure what's going on but I actually find that corner punch pleasing to my eyes

4. Budruel
    KitKat Oct 4, 2019

Budruel , Oct 4, 2019 :
    I prefer the perforated screen than a notch.

I don't think it's a stupid decision in particular if, unlike samsung, the hole is as it looks, in the upper left corner because when I turn the screen horizontally, I turn it to the left, so the hole would horizontally remain in the lower left corner and would be almost imperceptible, not in the upper left as in the samsung.

In the middle it always bothers.

But well, these are absurd rumors, missing more than 6 months until op8.

Loveit and Liehjan like this.
  5. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Oct 4, 2019

Liehjan likes this.
  6. Liehjan
    Lollipop Oct 4, 2019

Liehjan , Oct 4, 2019 :
    I can't stand any notch/punch hole no matter the size... Might have to stick with my 7pro for the next 2-3 years :p

Budruel likes this.
  7. Liehjan
    Lollipop Oct 4, 2019

Liehjan , Oct 4, 2019 :
    That's exactly what I thought, it looks way too similar to 7pro

8. YRJ
    Marshmallow Oct 4, 2019

YRJ , Oct 4, 2019 :
    You stressing on those maybe's good man! :D

9. bob_bastos
    Eclair Oct 4, 2019

bob_bastos , Oct 4, 2019 :
    OnePlus is a commercial company, the only community we all belong to is the consumer's one. A smartphone is not a part of your personality, it's an object. Buying same object as many other people doesn't make you special. The only question is "does that object fullfil my expectations". Try to focus on what you have and enjoy your life as much as possible.
    Kindly.

Budruel likes this.
  10. Budruel
    KitKat Oct 4, 2019

Budruel , Oct 4, 2019 :
    I also prefer with nothing. But as an intermediate solution it would be better.

The day I buy the next phone, I continue with op5 and very happy, it will be with the screen "clean". giphy (2).gif

Liehjan likes this.
  11. GopalB.
    Nougat Oct 4, 2019

GopalB. , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Good to know... [​IMG]

12. GopalB.
    Nougat Oct 4, 2019

GopalB. , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Yeah... Who permitted OnePlus to keep working on a new phone!!! [​IMG]

Areebanwar likes this.
  13. GopalB.
    Nougat Oct 4, 2019

GopalB. , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Party pooper... [​IMG]

dsmonteiro likes this.
  14. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Oct 4, 2019

dsmonteiro , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Well, I did say "maybe". :p

It's not like you haven't been here long enough to know that this happens with every single upcoming generation.

15. GopalB.
    Nougat Oct 4, 2019

GopalB. , Oct 4, 2019 :
    But this one was way too fast... [​IMG]
    Someone leak OnePlus 10T Pro already!!! [​IMG]

Budruel likes this.
  16. TaranQ
    Honeycomb Oct 4, 2019

TaranQ , Oct 4, 2019 :
    NOOOOO more holes, punches, notch or whatever in the screen. And i hate these curved edges. Have had the Oppo Reno 10x zoom for a short while but ColorOS is bad, many little problems to get things setup the way I want. But from built quality, camera AND screen you guys from Oneplus can learn something. Please make a Reno 10x zoom Oneplus version. The screen is fantastic without any cutouts and the selfie cam solution is extremely elegant. No stupid rounded screen corners. I would buy that one right away.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019

17. Adam_Whiting
    Cupcake Oct 4, 2019

Adam_Whiting , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 4, 2019 :
    I completely understand that this is a 1st world problem but it's my feedback to OnePlus as to why I won't be continuing with their products - For all the haters out there mocking.

18. bob_bastos
    Eclair Oct 5, 2019

bob_bastos , Oct 5, 2019 :
    Personally I'm not mocking you. Just consider that OnePlus used to release 2 phones per year, and with the pro version it will be 4. I don't think there is other brand so "productive". This commercial strategy is well know by OnePlus consumer's, however at each iteration or special edition there is many people feeling betrayed or cheated by the company. They are playing on the hype to be the "must have phone", the one with the latest technology on the market and they obviously are considering the frequency of the release. This bring some buyers to frustration as their phone is outdated and it's value drop drastically after only a few months (weeks now...). OnePlus is not an innovative company but a competitive one. The sell phones with the latest technology available on the market at unbeatable price at each iteration, but if you want a major update from your actual handset your have to pass several release. I have a 6T and i don't think the 7T brings enough for a change (camera still underperforming, no wireless, ip ratings etc).
    So if you are looking for a phone that remains the top for at least one year and make you feel more special you should go for another brand.
    That's only my opinion.

19. Stangpilot1
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2019

Stangpilot1 , Oct 8, 2019 :
    Recently read a leak that the Oneplus 8 may have a punch hole camera. PLEASE don't do this. I am up for an upgrade on T-Mobile next year and want to consider your phone at that time but a punch hole camera will be a deal breaker. Please keep the tear drop, pop up cam, or some other Solution.

20. swapnilshah52
    Froyo Oct 8, 2019

swapnilshah52 , Oct 8, 2019 :
    OP10TPro... Sounds very weird... OP should come up with a proper name for their "T" variant 'Pro' version phones...