OnePlus 8 (IN2013) switch from European (BA) to Global (AA) via OnePlus 8

1. TheMonarch
    Froyo Jun 5, 2020

TheMonarch , via OnePlus 8 , Jun 5, 2020 :
    1591369862541.jpg
    I live in Europe and my device is the European version of the OnePlus 8 (IN2013). The EU software version is super capped in therms of audio qualitiy. Not even PlayStore EQ's, not even .apk Dolby Atmos DAX 2 work well in our regional software version and THAT is some serious bummer for me since most of the time I'm using the device for streaming audio. After regretting the move from my previous almost perfect OnePlus 6T I decided to switch software in order to improve the audio output.

And it worked!!! AA ROM doesn't feature an audio tuner, only those dull choices of Dolby (warm, dynamic, etc) that pretty much sound the same, but finally I was able to improve the audio quality on my device. Dolby Atmos DAX 2 didn't worked because occasionally it resets my personal tune (even if I fix the apk to be running in the background and without any battery optimization) so I installed the good old reliable Music FX 1.4.

Some say EU regulations doesn't allow the same audio output capabilities from other regions, which I personally think it's a very, very stupid way of seeing things, since the absolute volume is ridiculously loud both on phone and device broadcast volume. Despite living in Europe, that doesn't mean we must have our devices streaming bandwidth ranges of the Gramophones from 1970, NO ONE does that for gosh sake!!

How can I be more explicit? How can I explain that listening a stream of audio stuck between 4k and 14k in absolute volume is by far most harmful to human ears than a full range gamma from at least 68 to 14k in 75% of absolut volume?!?!?!

Sorry for the long post, thank you for your attention! I wish you all a very nice weekend!!

Latrulli and Ronnie2020 like this.