OnePlus 8 lag issues via OnePlus 8 T-Mobile

1. TeeSwizzle
    Cupcake Jul 12, 2020

TeeSwizzle , via OnePlus 8 T-Mobile , Jul 12, 2020 :
    I've had OnePlus 8 for over 2 months now and I'm experiencing major scrolling lag and touch lag, mainly on Chrome. I started using Chrome Dev as default browser and this helped. Scrolling lag not as bad. Also, I found that opening another app and then going back helps unstick it. Anyhow, the touch lag is still there and it lasts an eternity when it happens. Anyone know how to fix this?

R1558780873615 likes this.
  2. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 12, 2020

Swatiranjan , Jul 12, 2020 :
    Hi,

Scenario 1.
    If your phone works normally but fails to start an app when you open it, refer to the following methods:

1. Force a shut down and restart the phone, and quit the software.

2. Clear cached data generated during running. Tap and hold an app icon, select [App Information]-[Storage and Cache], and tap [Free up space] (this step will clear the app data. If there is important data, back it up first).

Scenario 2.
    If all apps have touch problems, try the following methods:

1. If there is any water logging or dirt that may affect sensitivity on the touch screen, try wiping the touch screen clean before retrying.

2. If the phone has poor sensitivity as a result of protective film, remove the film or replace it with a thinner film.

3. If the phone is used at abnormal temperature, the touch function may be abnormal. Take it to an normal environment before using it.

4. If the phone is exposed to an environment that contains strong magnetic fields (for example, near a microwave oven or induction cooker, etc), the touch function may be affected. Avoid using the phone in such environment.

If the above solutions don't solve your problem, contact OnePlus Customer Service for assistance

3. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 12, 2020

Swatiranjan , Jul 12, 2020 :
    If you are using a third party screen protection , plz check if it is installed properly.

4. TeeSwizzle
    Cupcake Jul 12, 2020

TeeSwizzle , via OnePlus 8 T-Mobile , Jul 12, 2020 :
    Thank you. I'm noticing that the issue is primarily with Chrome browser. I know I could use a different browser, but I really don't want to as I do everything on Chrome and don't want to have to go through the bother of using two separate browsers. Something weird about this. Hoping some sort of update can maybe fix this.

Swatiranjan likes this.
  5. prfraczek
    Honeycomb Jul 12, 2020

prfraczek , Jul 12, 2020 :
    don't read above. This is normal for 8 pro.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/search/496752970/?q=chrome&o=date&c[title_only]=1

TeeSwizzle likes this.
  6. toanhung
    Cupcake Jul 12, 2020

7. faraz_ai
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2020

8. TeeSwizzle
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2020

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020

9. G1593338611979
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2020

G1593338611979 , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 13, 2020 :
    Hi

I have been using oneplus 8 for about 1 month now and i have lots of issues with it. I have addressed this issue with the technical team but none have come back with a solution to solve my phone problems.

- The phone keeps getting stuck every now and then.
    - once stuck the only way to revive is to restart the phone.
    - At times i am even able to attend my important calls

I have been using oneplus 3T phone before but never had these sort of issues. Its been really annoying this one month ever since i brought this new phone. The amazing thing is inspite of sending many mail....no one has come with a solution for your latest version phone...

I am really waiting to hear a solution real soon.

Regards
    Nizam