Eclair Aug 8, 2020

Soumik140496 likes this.
  2. Soumik140496
    Donut Aug 9, 2020

adisanal likes this.
  3. adisanal
    Eclair Aug 9, 2020

adisanal , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Exactly.. I mean I can see that the photochrom option is avbl on my mobile.. but it's not using the bottom most lens.. infct no option is using that lens.

OnePlus - Can you share any info on it????

Soumik140496 likes this.
  4. theantz
    Honeycomb Aug 9, 2020

5. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 9, 2020 :
    I doubt it will come back... However...

https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-8-pro-color-filter-camera-still-accessible-adb-command/

New 12MP photochrom (with 5MP lens acting like a intensity controlling sensor)
    View attachment 1387419
    "Old" via factory mode.
    View attachment 1387418
    Run via adb once. Lock the app. Always available, even after reboots. Even allows video recording with the 5MP lens.

1597006834341.jpg

6. adisanal
    Eclair Aug 10, 2020

adisanal , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Well it isn't for the models in India.. I tried covering the bottom lens with my fingers and checked.. it is not being used for anything.

Soumik140496 likes this.
  7. Prince2O
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

8. adisanal
    Eclair Aug 13, 2020

adisanal , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Hey everyone.. so I guess I finally figured out about what the 5MP camera does.. so if you try using the camera within your room with nearby objects and person it stays disabled. However if you go outside and take long distance shots, especially scenic shots the camera acts as a color filter for the 12Mp camera.. I wonder if that 5 Mp camera is now really a worth or is it just gonna be there as a gimmick
    1597297659182.jpg

1597297659266.jpg

Soumik140496 likes this.
  9. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Wasn't it called a gimmick by most Youtubers in the begining anyway before they started uploading over exaggerated videos about X-ray effects? [e]1f609[/e]
    I have the 5MP lens launched via adb for situations that actually can be useful, like visible IR light at work. As a filter in itself it has always been pretty gimmicky for me. It's the "dangerous" side effects that is useful.
    If I want to make something that is not nessesarilly true to life I shoot with RAW and edit later anyway.

10. TheDarkness
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

TheDarkness , Aug 13, 2020 :
    The 4th camera isnt used for anything and oneplus will never enable it again. They couldnt give a flying f about their customers.
    Stop letting them decieve you. Put a flashlight in front of the 4th camera thats supposedly used for the "color grading" and it looks exactly the same. They simply check if the 4th camera detects a certain brightness before applying the software filter. (Btw. with that "trick" you can also enable the software filter indoors, which should work indoors anyway! Its a f.ing software filter, even when the color lens was actually used it didnt need as mich light)

They are deliberately decieving customers, more and more features get disabled over time (or "broken" as some might say - except its never getting "fixed")
    Up to 6 oneplus was great, 7 was still good, 8 is just a bunch of fales marketing coupled with overpriced hardware, thats not even getting used.
    I am still waiting 3 months, after telekom getmany announced a 5g update is coming from oneplus, for an update to actually enable 5g.