OnePlus 8 Pro already linked to another account via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Diyrt
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2021

Diyrt , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 8, 2021 :
    I got a OnePlus 8 Pro in refurbished condition from Amazon last November and to tried to link the device to my OnePlus account(earlier I had a OnePlus 6), but it's showing the error that the device is already linked to another account, how am I supposed to unlink it?

2. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Apr 8, 2021

camohan , Apr 8, 2021 :
    Hi there, unfortunately, the only way is to find out the first owner and requesting him to delink the device from his account. Once it is delinked, the device will get free to add to your account.

Since you bought this from Amazon, did you try speaking to Amazon customer care? Do not want to be a pessimist but in this situations getting hold of an original buyer is difficult.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  3. Diyrt
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2021

Diyrt , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 8, 2021 :
    Yeah getting hold of the original owner will be hard since this was moreover a gift, so the purchase is not even on my Amazon account.

camohan likes this.
  4. Junaid khan 63
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2021

5. santmehta2288
    Eclair Apr 8, 2021

6. AlloTomato
    Honeycomb Apr 9, 2021

AlloTomato , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 9, 2021 :
    There is no way to unlink Device from OnePlus account, on website it clearly mentioned imei number can only be linked to a single account and cannot be linked further.

Sadly , even I have this issue, I bought this device from my sister and she has unlinked the device from her account, still it's giving the same error :(

7. giri_shankaran
    Froyo Apr 10, 2021 at 7:32 PM