Oneplus 8 pro Camera app not opening via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. devmittal29
    Honeycomb Nov 28, 2020

devmittal29 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 28, 2020 :
    I recently updated my Oneplus 8 pro to 11.0.2.2 and the camera is not opening now.. it's crashing everytime.. I tried everything clearing cache, storage, Clearing cache frok recovery but nothing worked..
    I guess I have recieved beta version of Camera app in stable update.
    Camera app version is 5.6.46

ezlmbl likes this.
  2. veiopescador
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2021

veiopescador , Jul 23, 2021 :
    I have the same issue and nothing seems to do the trick. Which is very, very weird since the camera works on every other app including gcam. I'm intrigued on which software issue is this since even rolling back to android 10 with a full wipe didn't fix the issue. Were you able to fix yours?

3. devmittal29
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2021

devmittal29 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 24, 2021 :
    Yess i had to go to service centre they removed the camera module and put it back again and it started working... It's a weird physical problem.. but a software problem... i also installed gcam.. i guess gcam made the camera disabled for the stock app

4. veiopescador
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2021

veiopescador , Jul 24, 2021 :
    They just disconnected the camera module? Very weird. Well, i guess I'll have to do this myself since we don't have OnePlus service in Brazil. Or sell the phone as defective.

Time to say goodbye to OnePlus.

Thanks for answering!

5. devmittal29
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2021

devmittal29 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 24, 2021 :
    Ohh yes they removed the back panel disconnect the camera module then reconnected it and it worked. before this they updated software twice but nothing happened

6. veiopescador
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2021

veiopescador , Jul 24, 2021 :
    Thanks for taking time to answer! Have a good weekend!

devmittal29 likes this.