OnePlus 8 Pro Display Issues via OnePlus 6

1. Ritrai
    Gingerbread Jun 23, 2020

Ritrai , via OnePlus 6 , Jun 23, 2020 :
    Many users who have bought Oneplus 8 Pro till now are having display issues red tint, green tint, black crush, black bar everything is there in most of the units and if asked about it on the forums or support team they say it's software issues and will be fixed via upcoming OTA and many are saying some issues are hardware related but why is Oneplus not talking about this issue or at least release some info about it. Planning to get the 8 Pro day after tomorrow's sale. Hope I get it and get it good.

2. Ozymandias_Osiris
    Honeycomb Jun 23, 2020

Ozymandias_Osiris , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 23, 2020 :
    IMO I think most of the issues are hardware that can't be fixed with updates,because I feel that if it was software they would have released till now an update to fix this,like samsung did,they released an update really fast,yet oneplus nothing. I would say wait a little longer to buy one,of course not every phone has those serious issues,but why risk it now.

Batfink32 likes this.
  3. Ritrai
    Gingerbread Jun 23, 2020

Maybe, don't know yet also OnePlus themselves isn't talking about this, support team says an update is on the way to fix this and all the issues will be fixed. Let's see

neesanvarghese likes this.
  4. Ritrai
    Gingerbread Jun 23, 2020

You have 8 Pro. Indian unit? Display issues? Or anything like that kn your unit till now? Ur device manufacture date and how many days has it been you using thre device?

5. F1588111637568
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2020

6. MythicalAnimal
    Honeycomb Jun 24, 2020

7. Ritrai
    Gingerbread Jun 24, 2020

Ritrai , via OnePlus 6 , Jun 24, 2020 :
    What was your unitd manufacturing date??. Also seen the latest devices coming to the users and most of them don't have any display issues. Also there is always refund/replacement available even someone gets issues with their devices.

8. MythicalAnimal
    Honeycomb Jun 24, 2020

MythicalAnimal , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 24, 2020 :

Ritrai

What was your unitd manufacturing date??. Also seen the latest devices coming to the users and most of them don't have any display issues. Also there is always refund/replacement available even someone gets issues with their devices.​

09/06/20 mfd, let us know id your unit doesn't have any issue.

9. Ritrai
    Gingerbread Jun 24, 2020

10. MythicalAnimal
    Honeycomb Jun 24, 2020

11. dominic_iphoneuster
    Cupcake Jun 24, 2020

dominic_iphoneuster , Jun 24, 2020 :
    The pink/green bar issue sounds very much like common production issues of OLED display panels and should be covered by warranty. Please check with your OnePlus service center.
    However, tint issues are because of bad calibration and can be fixed by an update.

12. neesanvarghese , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 24, 2020 :
    By update they mean a new model or a series?

13. Ritrai
    Gingerbread Jun 24, 2020

That too is correct and big thing is that Oneplus aren't talking about this not a singke thread or acknowledgement from them on this thing. That's more shocking to me

neesanvarghese and satyam.guptaa like this.

15. Ritrai
    Gingerbread Jun 24, 2020

Maybe what you are saying is right but what about the black bar issue on top mostly say that's hardware related. Also its 2 months since its launch it should have been foxed till now or the team should respond about this atleast.

16. Ritrai
    Gingerbread Jun 24, 2020

17. MythicalAnimal
    Honeycomb Jun 24, 2020

No, i am having that black bar issue and image retention issue which pretty much is a hardware problem, and amazon had accepted the return so that means its a genuine issue.

18. neesanvarghese , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 24, 2020 :
    I was about to order 8 pro in tommorow's sale... now i dont have to... i will wait

RahulEdara likes this.
  19. MythicalAnimal
    Honeycomb Jun 24, 2020

Yes if a new phone is not a necessity right now then you should wait.

20. dominic_iphoneuster
    Cupcake Jun 24, 2020

dominic_iphoneuster , Jun 24, 2020 :
    Could you maybe post a photo of your issue?