[Submitted] OnePlus 8 Pro Full Screen Mode

1. FarzaanKhan
    Donut Apr 25, 2020

FarzaanKhan , Apr 25, 2020 :
    Title OnePlus 8 Pro Full Screen Mode
    Device OnePlus8Pro Software Version O2 Stable 200411
    Topic Suggestion
    Photos 1286559-39c199b341f54808e596d3483edc073b.jpg
    Feature Needed Background Description The OnePlus screen is really good, but when watching on streaming apps such as Netflix, Amazon prime, there's a black bar where the pinhole camera is. It doesn't make sense to have all that screen,and not be able to make use of it. I can kind of understand on phones like the OnePlus 6, as that has a real notch. The OnePlus 8 pro however doesn't have a notch, it's a tiny pinhole. Previously we had a feature allowing us to make any app full screen, either OnePlus need to either bring this back and optimise it so we can change aspect ratio or contact streaming apps to support the aspect ratio.On apps like MX player and VLC player we can zoom in and make it full screen, OnePlus should make a feature where we can adjust the aspect ratio of any app and stretch to how we want it. I've seen a few people want this feature and I think it deserves to be added in the phone
    Any other comments
    The OnePlus screen is really good, but when watching on streaming apps such as Netflix, Amazon prime, there's a black bar where the pinhole camera is. It doesn't make sense to have all that screen,and not be able to make use of it. I can kind of understand on phones like the OnePlus 6, as that has a real notch. The OnePlus 8 pro however doesn't have a notch, it's a tiny pinhole. Previously we had a feature allowing us to make any app full screen, either OnePlus need to either bring this back and optimise it so we can change aspect ratio or contact streaming apps to support the aspect ratio_On apps like MX player and VLC player we can zoom in and make it full screen, OnePlus should make a feature where we can adjust the aspect ratio of any app and stretch to how we want it.

I've seen a few people want this feature and I think it deserves to be added in the phone

2. xxocu
    Marshmallow Apr 29, 2020

3. G_Lisa_Goldbaum_AZyw
    Eclair May 3, 2020

G_Lisa_Goldbaum_AZyw , May 3, 2020 :
    Yes, YouTube can be played in full screen in landscape mode, but not Netflix or Amazon Prime, and in portrait orientation many of the major apps don't run in full screen: YouTube, Instagram, Starbucks, Kindle, Waze, etc. On the Galaxy phones every app can be forced full screen.

4. N1590682763128
    Cupcake Jun 4, 2020

5. Kenobinai
    Eclair Jun 21, 2020

Kenobinai , Jun 21, 2020 :
    Adding another voice to this - ridiculous that we're not given the opportunity to use the full screen for most streaming apps

This makes the screen way smaller than my 7 Pro

K1593272379787 likes this.
  6. Kenobinai
    Eclair Jun 23, 2020

Kenobinai , Jun 23, 2020 :
    Just adding also that our other options are:
    1 - root, lose Widevine, so we're left with SD content
    2 - install older versions of the app - but this won't work with Netflix because this is pre-installed (WHY ONEPLUS??)

7. sushmith_kumar
    Donut Jul 19, 2020

sushmith_kumar , Jul 19, 2020 :
    You can uninstall in play store after that you forcestop and disable Netflix and install previous versions like 6.13.0 then Netflix will work full screen but the problem remains same for Amazon and other apps

Amazon previous version which is 3-0-246 is also suporting the full screen mode

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020

8. mojoyoyo77
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Jul 19, 2020

mojoyoyo77 , Jul 19, 2020 :
    Yes, it is unfortunate that the screen is cut off from the edge of the camera, preventing the use of the full screen.
    It is partly the fault of the developers of the applications, but OnePlus should provide a solution as other manufacturers do, so that their devices can display all content in full screen. The option that exists for full screen is usually useless since it cannot add apps

9. mojoyoyo77
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Jul 19, 2020

mojoyoyo77 , Jul 19, 2020 :
    The bullet hole is a step back from the 7 / 7T Pro, which had its large screen free of everything, but the damage multiplies a lot due to this problem, having a small hole (which hardly bothers) is not the same as having a black band that wastes a significant percentage of the screen.

Spl4tt and sushmith_kumar like this.
  10. Spl4tt
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 25, 2021

Spl4tt , Jan 25, 2021 :
    Why is this still not fixed? Seriously, my S10+ had this feature for ALL apps, why can't Oneplus do this, too?

If a future OxygenOS version doesn't fix this, I'm seriously considering switching back to Samsung. What use is this big screen if I can't use one part of it when gaming. It's annoying AF.

X1577691823476 likes this.