Oneplus 8 pro green tint is not only Oneplus issue via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Jzma
    Froyo Aug 29, 2020

Jzma , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 29, 2020 :
    I want to share my experience with both S20+ and OP8 pro regarding screen issue. Both phone in cetrain scenarios have green tint issue, and as i see people whining only about OP problem, no one speaks about Samsung have same problem. Sounds like intentional negative campaign vs Oneplus. I dont negate that problem exists, but it exists at same level on both phones, and as we knows S20+ cost more. It's obvious amoled screen flaw with all devices with 120hz and qHD resolution. Yes i would also like flawless phone, but current situation is that there is no flagship phone without this issue. Stay safe and enjoy your phone [e]1f609[/e]

D1595621949738 and Acharya_Rohan like this.
  2. tc0566
    Eclair Aug 29, 2020

tc0566 , Aug 29, 2020 :
    I have a new OnePlus 8 Plus fully updated with no green or red tint. Seems to me if it were software issue they would all have the issue.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020

3. Cheezburgers
    Honeycomb Aug 29, 2020

Cheezburgers , Aug 29, 2020 :
    interestingly, besides the samsung PHONES being affected, apparently there are reports of samsung tab s7s also having green tint. These tablets run at 120hz but use LCD screens. This tinting problem is probably an issue with samsung, since they made all these high refresh panels

D1595621949738 likes this.
  4. Sameermehta2
    Honeycomb Aug 29, 2020

Sameermehta2 , Aug 29, 2020 :
    Correct it exists on all amoleds and basically samsung is providing to most of the OEMs ,it's technology that they are using with these pentile rgbg displays that is the problem ,latest culprit is there own note20 ultra, earlier they used standard RGB oleds which had less colour shifts but it had more burn in,so save there own headache they have implemented a workaround of rgbg which is actually grouped as 2 pixels that is rg and bg , so as the brightness varies the tint varies,some have less some have more ,maybe yellowor green or red,I am much more bothered about the black crush issue,if you technically calculate even the screen ppi what they state is false it is not true one RGB pixel it is one rg pixel or one bg pixel

Secondly since you have an s20 if you could turn on dc dimming on your 8pro and see the display of both devices at low brightness they almost look identical albiet the shadows maybe more darker on op8pro but rest looks same , playstore, chrome main blank page

Attached Files:

V1561179258865 and cvora79 like this.