OnePlus 8 pro network issues

1. Ejthenextmj
    Eclair Jul 30, 2020

Ejthenextmj , Jul 30, 2020 :
    I submited with one Plus and the Logs they requested me still waiting for a solution from them, Is real sad

2. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 30, 2020 :
    When I stumble appon an issue other people have and I can replicate I'll report it myself too. Maybe it's possible that I'll add some detail or slightly different variation in the logs that helps with an solution.
    So according to you such an issue as you have is not worthy your time to report it yourself?

If you prefer just to wait and letting all other people report issues for you and hoping that will solve your issue... Your choice. What if all just let someone else do it?

I have been able to help other users via personal messages and via that contacted Oneplus and gave them a detailed description of the problem. That lead to Oneplus created a preview apk and solution for the user. If I didn't care why would I do such a thing? I took my time to report and help when I wasn't even affected by it...

Is the world only so black and white that it's only WE VS. THEM? Am I such a bad guy for not having the issue and suggesting you to create a report yourself?

3. EEZC
    Donut Jul 30, 2020

EEZC , Jul 30, 2020 :
    the point is that OnePlus didn't even bother to follow up to that report.

it's ridiculous.

4. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Yes it seems to get stuck sometimes. Hence more important to replicate and report ourselfs and not to rely too much on other peoples reports. Don't know the reason for that.
    In that specific case the user haven't been active here for almost a month now. What that means... Solved or simply returning the device I can only guess.

I've been logging and trying to replicate some messed up stuff myself. Wasted 150h long logs only to fail to replicate and retry with big long logs but eventually I manged to find a easier more reliable way to replicate it (and that issue was both on 7 Pro and 8 Pro). Lately that long lived issue seems solved. Sometimes I get replies about solved issues long time after it has been solved. But atleast I get it sometimes.
    And some more cryptic and complicated issues has lately started as a feedback tool report. Then personal pm with advanced logs collection and lately over to mail with multiple Oneplus staff as receivers of the info.

5. EEZC
    Donut Jul 30, 2020

EEZC , Jul 30, 2020 :
    you mean their report system doesn't work?

what do you mean by it gets stuck? it's not a mechanical system mind you. laughable

6. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Stuck in the work flow... Marked as a rare limited case and therefor low priority for example. Unless reported and replicated by others, thus proving it's not a rare and very limited case, it could stay in such a stage for some time.
    I don't know what kind of info was provided in private message or what happened there. If they got what they needed at all...

Everything is sorted in priority based on how critical and common it is.

A report by you says "grayed-out" settings... Even if both you and him have network issues he never mentiones anything grayed-out.
    I've been running the phone with up to a week with no reboots but never grayed out areas or non accessible mobile network that forces reboots.

I don't know how your personal messages with the bughunter went... Such an issue seems more dependant on the logkit advanced logs than what the feedback tool can do.
    I wouldn't rule out some level of hardware issue in your case. Some temporary glitch resulting in loosing communication with the hardware. After a reboot the phone finds the hardware again and it works until the next glitch.

7. EEZC
    Donut Jul 30, 2020

EEZC , Jul 30, 2020 :
    how else can you describe a settings menu with no actionable options? the menu is simply faded out and doesn't accept input.

stop nit-picking if you have nothing of substance to contribute.

8. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 30, 2020 :
    I didn't know that you had posted an error report on your network issue at first. My only point is that it may not be exactly the same issue.

If your report didn't lead to anything. Try again. Use a service center if available. Mail. Call. Demand an remote session... In worst case turn it in and use your warranty. I wouldn't just hope for a software bug and hope it gets fixed. I would want to make sure in every way possible.
    Well... Must be better than to just sit and wait and be pissed off right? Just an idea.

9. N1595000388190
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2020

N1595000388190 , Aug 1, 2020 :
    Same issue. I have Verizon service. Constant dropped calls and low signal strength. Data goes in and out. If I use my old iPhone no issues and perfect communication.

I've submitted multiple email support request and called twice. I never get any help beyond an automated troubleshooting email. On the phone they've claim to "escalate" the matter and then never call back. This is a deal breaker for me $1000 phone and zero support. Heck it can't even complete a phone call.

10. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 1, 2020 :
    If others can use Verizon perfectly fine and on same software as you I would guess it could be a hardware issue. I've heard about some strange behavior on 5G networks though.
    I'm on latest EU firmware. Trying to trigger some networks issues. I have a few minor issues myself but nothing that causes any disconnects. I run dual sim and 4g though... But signal is comparable to 7 Pro

11. N1595000388190
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2020

N1595000388190 , Aug 1, 2020 :
    No 5G here and the US version does not have the dual SIM capability as of yet. Don't know if a future update may help but I don't think I can wait around to find out.

12. Aditya+oneplus
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2020

Aditya+oneplus , Aug 3, 2020 :
    I am facing the similar issue. This phone (Oneplus8pro) keep losing the network. I am experiencing it on both sim cards. It's very frequent and annoying. Missing lots of important calls. OnePlus has to come up with some solution fast.

13. deba93
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2020

deba93 , Aug 7, 2020 :
    Try disabling the wifi calling. It solved the issue for me. Settings>Wifi & Network>Sim & Network>Sim 1>
    Under Enhanced Communication, disable Wifi Calling.

14. A1590765857651
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2020

A1590765857651 , Aug 11, 2020 :
    I also experience the network loss issues where I have to reboot the phone to get it back. I have zero issues with WiFi, but when I don't have wifi and extensively use internet from the provider I lose my connection.
    I have an oneplus 8 pro and seriously starting to doubt my decision of choosing this phone (I have this issue for more than 2 months) .

deba93 and F1591642828635 like this.
  15. F1591642828635
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2020

16. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 11, 2020 :
    I don't have this issue. I'm on EU firmware and use dual sim with Telenor SE and Wifog for testing purposes on seconds sim.

If you send a report via the feedback tool they should return with instructions how to capture the problem with an advanced log. That log type can be saved and compressed for uploading at a later time. So it does not matter if you need to reboot to be able to upload it.

If you can replicate it at home or somewhere with WiFi access turned off and then start a feedback tool recording and waiting for the issue to happen and re-enable WiFi when the issue have been triggered. That would enable you to send in a more detailed initial bug report.

17. A1590765857651
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2020

18. A1590765857651
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2020

A1590765857651 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 11, 2020 :
    I've already done that. I can imagine that it tLes time for them to solve this issue, but it's already been 2 months.

19. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Sometimes it seems like NA version of the phone has slightly more issues. Are you referring to T-mobile in USA or somewhere else? On 5G?

20. A1590765857651
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2020

A1590765857651 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 11, 2020 :
    T-Mobile in The Netherlands. Never had problems with T-mobile here.