[Submitted] OnePlus 8 Pro random shutdown

1. ankit.mozika
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2020

ankit.mozika , Sep 19, 2020 :
    My OnePlus 8 Pro randomly shuts down even while having enough charge.

2. Suhas Klkrn555
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Sep 19, 2020

Suhas Klkrn555 , Sep 19, 2020 :
    We may have to check this further. Kindly check you're inbox we've dropped you a direct message. It'll be of great help if you could share the required information.

Thanks & Regards,
    Suhas.

3. hpadda
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2020

4. Spl4tt
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 10, 2020

Spl4tt , Nov 10, 2020 :
    Was this issue ever fixed? My OP8Pro shuts down even while using it. But it literally just turns off, without any message. Boom, black screen.

It happened five times yesterday, and this morning two times already. I'm going crazy.

if this happens in a conference call, I'm ******

5. shoukry866
    Cupcake Dec 19, 2020

6. RubenSch
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2021

RubenSch , Jan 29, 2021 :
    Same for me.
    It happended a couple of weeks ago for the first time.
    Yesterday, while I was playing a game, the phone just turned black. I rebooted and a couple of minutes it happened again.
    I am really frustrated as it seems like my wifi and bluetooth connection aren't that stable on the OnePlus 8 Pro neither.
    I do really hope to get that fixed soon or otherwise I need to look for a new device again.

7. wtordjman
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2021

wtordjman , Jul 7, 2021 :
    I have the same issue. My Oneplus 8 pro shuts down randomly, between 2 and 7 times a day. This is getting to be a big problem as I am missing business calls, important text messages, and can't control a drone with this phone by fear of losing control. I have to constantly check the phone to see if it's on. I called customer service and was told they do not have a loaner phone at the time and that I would have to wait 10 to 12 days for the phone to be fixed. Big no-no as I can't stay without a phone because of my business. I was happy with the phone until now, but this turns out to be a big disappointment. I will try one last time to fix the issue with their customer service, otherwise I'll get another phone and forget about Oneplus forever.

8. EldieUSA7pro
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2021 at 4:26 AM

EldieUSA7pro , Oct 18, 2021 at 4:26 AM :
    I've got the same problem as all of you. It doesn't matter what apps are open either. I could have them all closed and just open one; Chrome, YouTube, Amazon app, Ebay app, Pandora, Gmail, etc. It's going to just go off. The screen immediately turns black with no warning. Sometimes it will happen right after booting it up after a random shut down. Today I connected my phone to my Bluetooth speaker and was listening to music for several hours while working. I'm singing along and my phone is setting on a table. I don't even touch it, and all of a sudden the music stops. I go to check my phone, and it's dead. It went off after several hours without it being in my hands. I didn't open any apps, I didn't even touch my phone. After 2 or 3 hours, it just randomly shut down. Has anyone found a fix for this??? Thanks!!!