Oneplus 8 Pro screen cracked via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. stovo06
    Eclair Jun 8, 2021

stovo06 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 8, 2021 :
    Has anyone had issues with the screen getting cracked very easily?
    I had mine in the most durable case I could find (Unicorn Beetle Pro) and dropped it on my carpet floor less than 3 feet (slid off the arm on my couch and onto the floor) and the screen CRACKED! Not just 1 crack in it but 2 maybe 3 (luckily they are hard to see).
    Anyway I bought the cracked screen warranty since I've had other OnePlus screens break (OnePlus 6t & OnePlus 7t), but those were with a sub-par cases and on harder flooring. So I thought it was a no brainer to purchase the warranty (probably should have gotten the best one).
    I also do not believe this should be my responsibility. And when I emailed OnePlus about it, they sent me there link to get it repaired and send them the rma number and they'd take care of it. However, the very next day I was sent another email stating to contact SERVIFY.
    But now it appears (at the moment I'm not sure what's going on due to lack of communication) I've got to use the SERVIFY 1 time fix and within 2 months of owning this device and I'm awfully worried that this will happen again.
    I can't prove what occurred nor how it occurred, but I was hoping maybe other 8 pro owners could give me their insights on the quality/durability of the screen.
    To be frank, I am not sure they really use gorilla glass (this screen seems much thinner than other manufacturers).

2. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jun 9, 2021

Shailender Sharma likes this.