OnePlus 8 Pro Tempered glass via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Digbi
    Cupcake Jun 30, 2020

3. Digbi
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2020

Digbi , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 2, 2020 :
    No my question was that- Is it harmful for the display?

Digbi likes this.
  5. mykol.tan
    Eclair Jul 4, 2020 at 3:25 PM

Digbi likes this.
  6. AbhishekOP8pro
    Eclair Jul 4, 2020 at 5:42 PM

AbhishekOP8pro , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 4, 2020 at 5:42 PM :
    bro i searched for long and i even applied 1 uv protector then removed it in 2 days just to check for sure that everything is fine with the screen and its literally the best thing for your phone but applying it is way too tough. if you can get it right the experience is amazing just like without the glass . i also applied the the normal screen protector it really deteriorated the screen feel and quality . you need to have glass to feel and get exact usage as original phone.

Digbi likes this.
  7. Sahil.budhwar123
    Froyo Jul 4, 2020 at 8:08 PM

Digbi likes this.
  8. rajeshrajendran
    Froyo Jul 5, 2020 at 4:35 PM

9. sephstyler
    Froyo Jul 6, 2020 at 2:49 AM

sephstyler , Jul 6, 2020 at 2:49 AM :
    Any recommendations for a good one?

I have a UV one right now, a fairly inexpensive generic one. Its ok, but I find the oleophobic coating on the glass isnt fantastic.

Has anyone tried the non UV glue ones from Nillkin, etc? Any thoughts?

Will OnePlus release theirs soon?

10. Sahil_Deswal
    Froyo Jul 6, 2020 at 3:20 AM

Sahil_Deswal , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 6, 2020 at 3:20 AM :
    My honest this after going through this struggle with my earlier OnePlus 7 Pro.

1. UV screen protectors can damage your earpiece and show signs of residue sticking out of corners. Had to visit a service center to get the liquid out from earpiece - couldn't hear anything from the caller's end.

2. The fitting of the tempered glass doesn't go well with most third party cases - again an issue.

3. The touch response including fingerprint scanning became unreliable, not to mention the gorgeous screen you bought can't be enjoyed now.

As a middle ground I have purchased the clear protector from Gadgetshieldz - for me it provides the right balance of protection and screen clarity. Have invested in a good case that protrudes from the front to cover the edges. Rest be careful and thankful to god - you'll be fine.

satyam.guptaa likes this.
  11. satyam.guptaa
    Froyo Jul 6, 2020 at 4:33 AM

satyam.guptaa , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 6, 2020 at 4:33 AM :
    Yes, Gadget sheild is perfect choice....

Sahil_Deswal likes this.