OnePlus 8 pro TMobile problems via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Kburkett
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2020

Kburkett , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 3, 2020 :
    I have a brand new OnePlus 8 pro which is now basically a very expensive paperweight. I cannot make phone calls and when I finally connect the call is dropped. this is so very frustrating. The phone is supported by TMobile even though I bought it directly from OnePlus.

I just switched my sim from my old OnePlus 5 to the new phone. I wonder if there's something wrong with the network?

2. monofurioso
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2020

monofurioso , Jun 3, 2020 :
    I returned my T-Mobile version Oneplus 8 (non-pro) due to call issues. It had seemingly been working OK, but then I could no longer receive calls on it. Data and texts were fine. I could make outbound calls, but they would usually drop after a minute. However all incoming calls never made it to my phone. My SIM and calls worked just fine in my OP7 Pro, and a Pixel I have. I returned the phone for a refund after three days and no troubleshooting worked.

3. TempusThales
    Eclair Jun 3, 2020

TempusThales , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 3, 2020 :
    I am using the unlock version I purchased from OnePlus the day it went on sale and haven't had an issue with it on TMobile. In fact all calls have been great. Maybe you had a bad unit??

JoseReyes69 likes this.
  4. IgorT76
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2020

5. monofurioso
    Cupcake Jun 4, 2020

monofurioso , Jun 4, 2020 :
    I'm assuming it was a bad unit. At this point, however I'd rather spend the money on the OP8 Pro, if they ever come back in stock... :/

6. Kburkett
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2020

Kburkett , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 6, 2020 :
    I discovered that the VoLTE setting was not enabled. Maybe it came like that from OnePlus (deselected). I enabled that setting and now the phone is working as per usual with no issues! Happy me! :) thank you for your replies.