OnePlus 8 pro unlocked US carrier issues via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. questionmark14 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 20, 2020 :
    was fortunate enough to get the OnePlus 8 pro launch day bundle but can't seem to find a network that will allow me to use it. checked my IMEI on Verizon, at&t, Xfinity mobile, and visible with no luck. Any suggestions?

2. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Apr 20, 2020

pablofg1978 , Apr 20, 2020 :
    it should work fine with at&t and with t-mobile too, not sure about the others

3. questionmark14 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 20, 2020 :
    thanks, I'll check at&t again after work. Xfinity and visible are Verizon MVNOs so that would make sense. unfortunately T-Mobile is a no go where I live.

4. keithnyc
    Marshmallow Moderator Apr 20, 2020

keithnyc , Apr 20, 2020 :
    Wow buddy. You are one of the very few and fortunate to score that bundle. Congratulations! It's an amazing phone made even better with that sweet bundle. The phone should definitely work on Verizon (as well as tmobile which I realize isn't available for you).
    I'm not sure if this will work, but if you can make it into an AT&T, Xfinity or Sprint store, talk to the sales guys and ask them to try out your phone on their network before you buy it... They will definitely have a sim card for testing in the store , and they're always looking to sell a network plan.
    Good luck and again, congratulations

5. jayanyway
    US Brand Ambassador Apr 20, 2020

jayanyway , Apr 20, 2020 :
    I have AT&T and it works fine. The only problem with AT&T not having the model yet in their system is that you can't access 5G yet, at least from how I believe it works. If they can program your plan as a default android w/5G compatibility then you might be able to get by that way.

Mike_Jiang and questionmark14 like this.
  6. csoviero
    Donut Apr 21, 2020

csoviero , Apr 21, 2020 :
    I also got the day 1 bundle. verizon can't figure it out at all. i'm hoping AT&T works. I'm switching to them since I get a discount through work. I'll reply to this thread when i get my sim card tomorrow.

Thraxx and questionmark14 like this.
  7. Secondbushome
    Honeycomb Apr 22, 2020

Secondbushome , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 22, 2020 :
    I've heard you can't use 5G on the Pro with Verizon since it doesn't support mmWave. You would have to get Verizon's regular 8 and they are not going to sell the Pro. I am not sure about the other carriers.

Thraxx likes this.
  8. questionmark14 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 22, 2020 :
    I'm switching to AT&T too but my sim card is taking forever sadly. will reply when I have an update. I keep pestering Verizon and two of their MVNOs about adding the 8 pro. Would love to be able to bring my phone to Xfinity Mobile as I'd save so much money.

9. questionmark14 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 22, 2020 :
    Yes all indications are that Verizon 5G will only be available on the Verizon branded OnePlus 8 5G UW. Which is honestly not a huge deal breaker for me as Verizons 5G isn't in my area. just wish the carrier would get their act together on allowing the 8 pro on their network.

10. jayanyway
    US Brand Ambassador Apr 22, 2020

jayanyway , Apr 22, 2020 :
    The more that get the device the quicker I'm sure it'll be added to their database

11. csoviero
    Donut Apr 23, 2020

csoviero , Apr 23, 2020 :
    My wife is making me wait until Saturday to activate on AT&T since she uses her phone all day for work and can't risk any unforeseen issues. @questionmark14 Let me know how att works for you when you get your sim.

12. questionmark14 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 23, 2020 :
    got my sim this afternoon and it's working fine. no wifi calling yet though. I imagine I'll have to do some chatting to see if they'll enable it for the 8 pro.

13. Thraxx
    Eclair Apr 24, 2020

Thraxx , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 24, 2020 :
    Issues here on Verizon could not get it work correctly when I've never had issues in the past simply popping in my sim. Pretty sad on a $1k unlocked device tbh.

questionmark14 likes this.
  14. questionmark14 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 24, 2020 :
    I've seen in another thread some speculation that the IMEIs are not in Verizon's system yet because the phone doesn't technically release until the end of the month. Hopefully there will be more support from VZW and its MVNOs after the official release date.

15. questionmark14 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 24, 2020 :
    Another update from AT&T, they have escalated my ticket for wifi calling and HD voice provision on my account. hopefully this will speed along the process for others in the future! will update when they have a solution.

16. csoviero
    Donut Apr 24, 2020

csoviero , Apr 24, 2020 :
    We have just completed our swap to At&t. All is working great, but no wifi calling here either. I'll follow your lead on this one if you get it enabled @questionmark14

questionmark14 likes this.
  17. questionmark14 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 28, 2020 :
    AT&T ticket was closed. they did not reach out to me, I had to reach out to them... it looks like something was changed and their system recognizes the OnePlus 8 pro as a OnePlus device now. still don't have access to wifi calling or HD voice however. I have rebooted my device many times and reset the network configuration too. no luck so far. looks like another call will be made.

18. Pchambers89
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Apr 28, 2020

Pchambers89 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    I hear you there. However, OnePlus didn't release the list of 8 and 8 Pro IMEIs to Verizon before the launch so some features aren't working yet (incoming text messages, in my case). More of a misstep on OnePlus's part.

19. mollahnyc
    Donut Apr 28, 2020

mollahnyc , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 28, 2020 :
    when OnePlus launch 8 and 8 pro, I saw both phones will be 5g compatible with all 3 major carriers in USA, so I bought a OnePlus 8 pro spend 1088 dollars (although I have 6t and 7 pro) hoping to get 5g with my existing at&t line. but alas! I am very much shocked and disappointed. with at&t, NO 5G, NO WIFI CALLING, NO BAND 14, today I put my son's TMobile sim card in it, it has 5g now.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020

20. efleming21
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2020