OnePlus 8 pro unlocked US carrier issues

1. questionmark14 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 29, 2020 :

The 8 pro is not available from Verizon and will not be compatible with Verizons 5g sadly. There's a thread under OnePlus 8 support about how to activate your 8 pro on Verizons network and still get calls, texts, and data. only piece missing is the wifi calling

2. questionmark14 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 29, 2020 :
    As far as AT&T is concerned, they've done everything they can on their end to enable wifi calling. I even tried the OnePlus logkit trick to force the wifi calling toggle to show up, enabled it, and still the VoLTE icon is all I see. Alas. looks like OnePlus will have to update the OS to recognize AT&T as wifi calling compatible.

3. Dipsy30
    Cupcake May 2, 2020

Dipsy30 , May 2, 2020 :
    Bought the wife the 8 Pro for use on Verizon. She had the 7 Pro prior, swapped it on the account and popped in the old SIM. Verizon website recognized it as there 8Pro so everything's working (forgot to verify if wifi calling is working though)

questionmark14 likes this.
  4. questionmark14 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 2, 2020 :
    It would seem that Verizons databases are finally updated with the 8 pro IMEI numbers. I sincerely doubt that wifi calling is functional sadly as when I had my 7 pro on Verizon they were unable to make it work.

Dipsy30 likes this.

6. housry23
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2020

housry23 , May 15, 2020 :
    Are you having any issues with receiving phone calls on yours? Ever since I got this phone, after a while, I can't get phone calls. It goes to a busy signal. If I make an outgoing call, it works every time, then incoming calls will work. If I don't get or make a call for a while, I'll get a busy signal again. Super annoying. I can't have a phone that I can't get phone calls on. I mean, it is called a phone, right?

7. Mike_Jiang , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , May 15, 2020 :
    no