OnePlus 8 Pro Users - Vote for Photochrom Filter to work like Original

?

Do you want Photochrom Feature Like original ?

1. YES

92.9%
  2. NO

3.0%
  3. I am happy without of it

4.1%
  1. Avishek2882
    Froyo Jul 13, 2020

Avishek2882 , Jul 13, 2020 :
    This is the Thread I am creating with poll please vote if you are Oneplus 8 pro user. To Vote, you need to open this thread in the browser only.

There are so many peoples in the world who just post content to earn money because of that a phone Company cannot do wrong with buyers for what they ask the cost for!
    Nothing you will get by blaming such publicity peoples because to change things it is on the manufacturer's hand.
    Youtubers just need money from Adsense!

What do you want more Oneplus? Check the total votes and give us the feature back! Don't stay silence you will lose all of your customers for this fake update against Photochrom.
    OR
    Refund 30% cost

Have you ever seen someone's body inside really in any video? then the company must not ban such features as they can easily submit and file a claim and ask evidence.
    It only works on special equipment and conditions.
    For IR camera I have no motive to see someone with x-ray camera but if you browse oneplus website the images of nature's and moreover in community posted are very nice and that feature is not present in any phone currently in the market.
    And yes what is advertised , peoples paid for it but when it was enabled and even they can disable whatever they want but results of images should be like original what is advertised everywhere but currently its not !
    Oneplus should bring back original photography! I also attached images old and new color filter samples please have a look.
    And yes I brought the phone only for this unique feature to take such pictures as I am a photographer!
    I had many good options in the same price segment before.
    I knew it before that camera is blocked but confirmed with support that they will bring it back then only I brought phone but what came in updates is a cheat. For that peoples only doing complaints here.
    Please make many votes as much as need to get back the feature.
    DON'T BUY MORE ONEPLUS DEVICES UNTIL THEY FIX THE 8 PRO.

Please share the thread link to your friends and in between different oneplus 8 pro users to vote so that we can represent votes to the company as much as possible.

Please find some latest images shared by a user with old camera and let me know if you see x-ray vision really!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020

2. Unni Thomas
    Donut Jul 13, 2020

Caladan, Marvinit, Wbxhc and 8 others like this.
  3. Avishek2882
    Froyo Jul 13, 2020

E1590656607488 likes this.
  4. PlusUn
    Froyo Jul 13, 2020

PlusUn , Jul 13, 2020 :
    I probably (almost) will never use it, but this way of dealing with customers though...
    +1

5. mbze430
    Froyo Jul 13, 2020

mbze430 , Jul 13, 2020 :
    I don't give two rats-a$$ about it... they should try to get that camera to do something more useful.

Being an old timer professional photographer. their implementation of this IR film/effect isn't even close to the real thing. completely pointless.

SteveCP likes this.
  6. Avishek2882
    Froyo Jul 13, 2020

Attached Files:

jwthomas87 likes this.

Bas.P and Avishek2882 like this.
  8. SteveCP
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 13, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 13, 2020 :
    Careful now you will upset the children [e]1f602[/e]. I totally agree with you, a pointless gimmick that looks nothing like it should yet this lot seem to think it is the best thing out there.

9. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 13, 2020 :
    You might have an opinion or referense of how a photochrom should look? The best info I have found is the Wikipedia article about photochrom. I can only assume that the filter photochrom is inteended to look like a colorised black and white.
    Depending on brightness it's pretty far away from that definition though. If the intension is to look colorised why wash some colors out completely in bright sun light.

SteveCP likes this.
  10. SteveCP

11. I1572052715870 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 13, 2020 :
    I am an engineer who works with infrared lights all the time for industrial automation work. Part of the reason I bought the phone was to have a pocket infrared camera. This change is really disappointing to me, and it's frustrating that my phone now is now less useful than when I bought it. I don't want to "settle" for less functionality.

12. mbze430
    Froyo Jul 13, 2020

13. mbze430
    Froyo Jul 13, 2020

mbze430 , Jul 13, 2020 :
    In the 1890s, a new printing process was invented to infuse color into the black and white capabilities of early photography. The process called "photochrom" or photochrome did not record color, but rather was a photographic offshoot of chromolithography, transferring color on prints made from black and white negatives. The Library of Congress has a large collection of nearly 6500 digitized photochrom prints.

If you want samples.. Library of Congress have tons of them to look at.

14. SteveCP

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Jul 13, 2020 :
    It was never marketed as a IR camera

otto2 and Auristic like this.
  15. I1572052715870 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 13, 2020 :

SteveCP

It was never marketed as a IR camera​

Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that the phone is now less useful to me than when it was released. If OnePlus wants to add a different filter mode, they should just add another filter instead of removing functionality that was already there.

16. SteveCP

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Jul 13, 2020 :
    Thank the idiots that were trying to look through apple remotes and thin clothing for that being removed.

otto2 and Viraj Pnvs like this.
  17. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 13, 2020 :
    Then we are on the same page.
    It's pretty far from that indeed. In best case it can look like a faded photochrom.
    While effects like this can look cool I don't see the the photochrom resemblance in it.

View attachment 1367284

SteveCP likes this.