OnePlus 8 Pro Users - Vote for Photochrom Filter to work like Original

?

Do you want Photochrom Feature Like original ?

1. YES

92.9%
  2. NO

3.0%
  3. I am happy without of it

4.1%
  1. McElectric
    Eclair Aug 1, 2020 at 1:43 PM

SteveCP likes this.
  2. sonnettie
    Donut Aug 1, 2020 at 2:38 PM

SteveCP likes this.
  3. sonnettie
    Donut Aug 1, 2020 at 2:40 PM

sonnettie , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 1, 2020 at 2:40 PM :
    By the way what version you got, as most peep in UK have got the better version the IN2023, doesn't have the display problems etc, but not all of us maybe your one of the few that's got the cheaper us variant?

4. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2020 at 2:57 PM

SteveCP likes this.
  5. SteveCP
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 1, 2020 at 3:04 PM

6. inteks
    Donut Aug 1, 2020 at 3:24 PM

7. sonnettie
    Donut Aug 1, 2020 at 3:39 PM

sonnettie , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 1, 2020 at 3:39 PM :
    TO be honest I don't want to use factory mode workaround, I want a edited APK or even just after updating replace the new APK with the original, just wanted to know what was done to block it? Is it in the camera APK, the system UI, some config file, or is it a blocking APK etc, how far did they go to block it, does anyone know for def what file was changed/updated, and will replacing it work? Is the new APK better than the old one or just the same except the removal of the IR lense, and if it is better I'm what way? Is it just an subroutine in the program to use the main camera, add the (software) filter, and use the IR lense as an on/off switch, this is what I suspect, and if so will using the old apk in the new update work or is there a test in the main UI for the old APK and if so is it just a simple if test on the APK version or is it encrypted test, will the main UI need to be edited/replaced too? Anyone? Any light in the matter? I just want to be able to click on the filter if needed, quick and easy, like if I see a hot chick and need to activate my trusty x-ray cam fast to see her naked before she escaped away, kidding lol, but seriously I don't want a half working complicated work around, it's not that importand, I just want it to be there if I need it, as simple as it is now but I also want to be able to update without rooting as I've heard unlocking the BL can reset your fingerprint sensor calibrations etc in the "persistent" partition, I now you can DD the part and re DD it back but I'd rather mot,.

8. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2020 at 4:01 PM

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 1, 2020 at 4:01 PM :
    Both apk and at camera processing system level. Simply an edited apk probably don't work.
    GCam can use the lens too, but rooted and a magisk module.
    For me it's a work related tool (to see IR). For photos if I'm forced to use the filter I actually prefer the new one...

1596294047189.jpg

1596294047299.jpg

sonnettie likes this.
  9. S1592697441346
    Donut Aug 1, 2020 at 4:02 PM

sonnettie likes this.
  10. sonnettie
    Donut Aug 1, 2020 at 4:10 PM

11. sonnettie
    Donut Aug 1, 2020 at 4:11 PM

12. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2020 at 4:12 PM

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 1, 2020 at 4:12 PM :
    There already is. GCam (root and module) and the adb trick (no root) . (Google adb photochrom and lock the app so it never closes).

Other phones can use this (root).
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joaolvcm.pocoseccamera
    Maybe something similar could exist for Oneplus but probably demands root. Might as well use the adb method then.

S1592697441346 likes this.
  13. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2020 at 4:20 PM

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 1, 2020 at 4:20 PM :
    I guess it could be possible to have a 3rd party rom with modified stock camera components built in. XDA would probably be the best source of info for that. Many different posts for various roms there.

14. sonnettie
    Donut Aug 1, 2020 at 4:34 PM

sonnettie , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 1, 2020 at 4:34 PM :
    Yeah I get what you're saying but gcam is a general camera app not build to use specific features and calibrations of certain cameras, ie ours, what I want is to have the option if I need/want it, but not to have to compromise other features/qaullty/ease of use, simply put I want to just remove the block lol, also I've heard the ADB workaround just enables the factory ver of the app and restricts usage/quality/features etc, is this true or am I misinformed, I would hope so, as that be exactly what I'm looking for, if, that is, it just worked like the the current/old APK with the new update

15. S1592697441346
    Donut Aug 1, 2020 at 5:06 PM

S1592697441346 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 1, 2020 at 5:06 PM :

Swejuggalo

There already is. GCam (root and module) and the adb trick (no root) . (Google adb photochrom and lock the app so it never closes).

Other phones can use this (root).
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joaolvcm.pocoseccamera
    Maybe something similar could exist for Oneplus but probably demands root. Might as well use the adb method then.​

Good info. But I mean, someone out there has to have the programming prowess to make an app called "OnePlus 8 Pro Photochrome" that reestablishes the full functionality of the photochrome camera, as it existed when it first came out, then put it in Google Play Store, sell it for 99cents. I'd buy it immediately. Would even pay an extra dollar to have video functionality as well. There is a need, and therefore an opportunity. If OnePlus isn't going to do it, then someone should take the opportunity and run with it.

sonnettie likes this.
  16. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2020 at 6:04 PM

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 1, 2020 at 6:04 PM :
    The adb solution have video support with that lens...

Anyway... If we get such an app it might be a root app

S1592697441346 likes this.
  17. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2020 at 6:07 PM

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 1, 2020 at 6:07 PM :
    It a factory mode app that allows testing of all lenses... Taking photos and even making videos with the 4th lens...
    1596301627250.jpg

18. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2020 at 6:09 PM

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 1, 2020 at 6:09 PM :
    Until some other easy solution comes up I simply have it always locked here. It remains accessible even after reboot. You only need adb once.
    Screenshot_20200801-190833.jpg

sonnettie, SteveCP and S1592697441346 like this.
  19. sonnettie
    Donut Aug 1, 2020 at 8:46 PM

sonnettie , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 1, 2020 at 8:46 PM :
    And does it work exactly the same after your run the ADB sh script? Or is there limitations? Is does the camera still work the same, still full screen, same functions etc? Just sounds too easy why is everyone not just doing that? Or is it just not that we'll known?

20. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2020 at 9:06 PM

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 1, 2020 at 9:06 PM :
    When you run the adb command a extra app opens. Use that for the color filter lens features. Then just use regular camera app for all the normal stuff. Nothing lost by doing it.
    Just lock that extra app and you never need to launch it via adb again.