OnePlus 8 Pro Users - Vote for Photochrom Filter to work like Original

?

Do you want Photochrom Feature Like original ?

1. YES

93.0%
  2. NO

3.0%
  3. I am happy without of it

4.0%
  1. SteveCP
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 2, 2020 at 12:26 AM

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 2, 2020 at 12:26 AM :

sonnettie

And does it work exactly the same after your run the ADB sh script? Or is there limitations? Is does the camera still work the same, still full screen, same functions etc? Just sounds too easy why is everyone not just doing that? Or is it just not that we'll known?​

Everyone is not doing it because they would rather complain about not having it than running the script to bring it back via factory mode. Once locked it stays in recents, use that for the "photochrom" pictures or videos and use the normal camera app for everyday use.

sonnettie likes this.
  2. TheDarkness
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2020 at 12:04 PM

TheDarkness , Aug 2, 2020 at 12:04 PM :
    After having read a few posts here:
    This isnt about what looks better, its about having bought hardware thats less than useless now.
    The new mode is simply a software filter with trickery to make people think it actually uses the color camera - but it doesnt. Take a flashlight and cover the camera with it, its exactly the same effect as not covering it.
    If they wanted to add another filter they could have just added it next to the only filter thats using the color cam instead of making the color cam useless.

So we paid for a camera, we have to carry around the extra weight and bulk and it doesnt actually do anything.
    Sure you can have workarounds to still use it, but just wait until they also butcher that.

The worst of all: They actively take their time to hurt users, removing features and making their experience worse overall while not having time to add advertised features.

Look at the wireless charging sleep/slow mode toggle - was removed for no reason. Now the cam gets removed - whats next? Remove the memc feature, which we also paid for (special hardware chip apparently) because some people dont like it?
    Look at what is still missing, many 5g frequencies in many countries are not enabled because oneplus couldnt give a **** about their users. People have to use workarounds to use most 5g frequencies the phone is advertised with.
    For some reason other phone manufacturers dont remove existing features and actually enable advertised features. Its solely on oneplus since even phone carriers say oneplus has to update their phones and there is nothing they can do about it.

sonnettie likes this.
  3. sonnettie
    Donut Aug 2, 2020 at 1:22 PM

sonnettie , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 2, 2020 at 1:22 PM :
    Yeah that was my point early in the thread too, I was just wondering if there was a way to update and use the old old apk/edited new APK, and yeah I suppose the ADB script is a viable workaround for now but id like to have the option in the camera like it is now for those who haven't updated

4. sonnettie
    Donut Aug 2, 2020 at 1:25 PM

Swejuggalo likes this.
  5. SteveCP
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 2, 2020 at 1:48 PM

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 2, 2020 at 1:48 PM :
    There is a focus group to discuss the camera happening today and yesterday, hopefully this will have been covered by those taking part in the group and OP will do something positive about the 4th camera

sonnettie likes this.
  6. Facofun
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2020 at 10:47 PM

Facofun , Aug 2, 2020 at 10:47 PM :
    In tre ore si è conclusa la mia avventura con l’8 PRO
    Troppa delusione per il PHOTOCROM: acceso e provato la famigerata camera, mi rendo conto del potenziale artistico elevato della stessa. Fatto aggiornamento la camera finisce di funzionare e si attiva uno pseudo fotocrom software direttamente dalla fotocamera principale. Gli effetti sono vergognosi e penosi rispetto le foto fatte pochi minuti prima. In tutto questo i commenti nei siti ufficiali sono assenti in quanto certamente censurati!
    Peccato, sono stato un possessore e divulgatore del one, del 3, del 5t e del 6t.
    Troppa delusione soprattutto per la latitanza di oneplus che viene meno hai suoi impegni.
    Provo il recesso.

7. sonnettie
    Donut Aug 4, 2020 at 9:13 AM

sonnettie , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 4, 2020 at 9:13 AM :
    English, please?

8. Facofun
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2020 at 9:38 AM

Facofun , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 4, 2020 at 9:38 AM :
    My adventure with the 8 PRO ended in three hours Too much disappointment for the PHOTOCROM: turned on and tried the notorious camera, I realize the high artistic potential of the same. After updating, the camera stops working and a pseudo photocrom software is activated directly from the main camera. The effects are shameful and painful compared to the photos taken a few minutes earlier. In all this the comments on the official sites are absent as they are certainly censored! Too bad, I was an owner and popularizer of the one, 3, 5t and 6t. Too much disappointment especially for the hiding place of oneplus that is less than your commitments. I try the withdrawal.