OnePlus 8 Pro Users - Vote for Photochrom Filter to work like Original

?

Do you want Photochrom Feature Like original ?

1. YES

95.1%
  2. NO

2.3%
  3. I am happy without of it

2.6%
  1. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Aug 14, 2020

2. Avishek2882
    Froyo Aug 14, 2020

Avishek2882 , Aug 14, 2020 :
    no I got an update on andorid 10.
    when you will go back on android 10 you will see it.

they just banned it .!

3. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Aug 14, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Aug 14, 2020 :
    There is no .13 update and .12 has been confirmed as working still on XDA so you are doing something wrong

4. Avishek2882
    Froyo Aug 14, 2020

Attached Files:

SteveCP likes this.
  5. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Aug 14, 2020

I stand corrected, It has not been posted on the forum yet and my Oxygen Updater is on Preview mode.

I will download this shortly and see what is happening but in the mean time I suggest you speak to the XDA lad that made it possible and see if he can find a work around.

6. Avishek2882
    Froyo Aug 14, 2020

Its a trap bro , they banned factory , don't download this update however i will really miss the original photochrom that was taking very great images of plants :(

7. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Aug 14, 2020

If I don't like it I will go back to the Dev preview but I don't really use that filter much.

8. Avishek2882
    Froyo Aug 14, 2020

I also do not use it much .
    but being a nature lover it has great shots which none of the camera app on playstore i ever seen against nature.
    however at my home i never found single object to do xray it never worked but company stolen the 1 unique feature for what peoples at least could proud on their phone to pay such big cost for it.
    Also let me know if you face any issues on DP3 on phone , if not i will also update it same.

SteveCP likes this.
  9. sonnettie
    Froyo Aug 17, 2020

sonnettie , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 17, 2020 :
    X-ray works on stuff that is already kinda IR see through, like web cameras, remote controls, TV boxes or similar items that receive IR remote signals

10. I1597676800285
    Cupcake Aug 17, 2020

I1597676800285 , Aug 17, 2020 :
    Forgot read Update 10.5.12 got effected disable photochromic... and now reset back to 10.5.7...
    would feel better than 10.5.12 or 10.5.13
    Sure OnePlus have data collected on what OS Currect OnePlus 8 Pro user do... and keep annoying with 10.5.12 Update notification
    But until Carl Pei give order to developer fix those photochrom issue....
    then i would hesitated to update my phone, even with special Android 11 too...

rachit_asia likes this.
  11. Vivek.Gaur
    Donut Aug 17, 2020

Vivek.Gaur , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 17, 2020 :
    Agreed, My last phone OnePlus 7t was stolen, I was typically confused which one to go for next, when I heard about this camera, I didn't had a second thought and I bought this phone. could have gone for Oppo Find X2, but still I got this phone OP8pro, now they removed this feature I feel cheated.
    couldn't even send back this phone.
    I'm a true one plus fan, I own OP7pro as well, will be getting Nord too, and looking forward to get future models too.
    But after this photochrome feature was removed, I got really annoyed.

I'm expecting this unique feature back on my phone.
    if by any chance this feature doesn't comes back.

this would be my last phone from OnePlus.

@OnePlus - need this feature back.

12. CrCross
    Donut Aug 18, 2020

CrCross , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 18, 2020 :
    At the least if only the color data is being used give us more control over the intensity cause it only seems to work under certain lighting conditions unlike before the direct use of the sensor would allow it to always work

13. brmbjn
    Gingerbread Aug 18, 2020

14. txtasosxt
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2020

txtasosxt , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 20, 2020 :
    I'm not updating my phone until there's a custom ROM or an official support for the IR camera.

The whole "see through cloth" claim is totally fake, the camera can't see through even a very thin cloth! Even with naked eyes I could see better through the cloth because I could at least make out the colors of the object behind the cloth.

From my tests, I believe that it works the same way as a night vision camera, I was able to light up a small area using a remote controller and the photochrom camera!

Knowing how things are in that country, I suppose OnePlus was forced to disable the feature. It's impossible they didn't know the photos with the cloths were fake! There's something else going on probably.
    Hopefully other phone makers will start using this technology sooner or later.

CrCross and rachit_asia like this.
  15. Fero9000
    Froyo Aug 25, 2020

Fero9000 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 25, 2020 :
    I don't understand why OnePlus is continuing updating op8 Pro and until now it doesn't enable PHOTOCHROM again. I have bought a phone with this ability but suddenly and WITHOUT ANY REASONABLE EVIDENCE , OnePlus first has decided to temporarily disable photochrom, then, without any investigation or else, has removed this feature. So, this is the NEVER SETTLE COMPANY????!!!! I think that it doesn't listen to user requests but only that convenient ones for it. I feel cheated from OnePlus,like other customers.

Avishek2882 likes this.
  16. Afsilvas
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2020

Afsilvas , Aug 28, 2020 :
    Does it still work with rooted phones? I was cought with the update, now adb does't work...

17. F_Thonz_Lagda_Turtur_Lpg
    Gingerbread Aug 30, 2020

18. StrangerSoul
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2020

StrangerSoul , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 31, 2020 :
    Photochrome is not working[e]1f614[/e]
    OS 10.5.13. Only I have this problem, or?... Can somebody help me to fix it? My 8 pro cannot see through the things[e]1f62d[/e]
    Oh... I guess I'm not only one...

19. Jitendra Ravi
    Eclair Aug 31, 2020