OnePlus 8 Pro Users - Vote for Photochrom Filter to work like Original

?

Do you want Photochrom Feature Like original ?

1. YES

95.2%
  2. NO

2.3%
  3. I am happy without of it

2.5%
  1. Avishek2882
    Froyo Sep 3, 2020

Avishek2882 , Sep 3, 2020 :
    The final words oneplus Chinese company is scam.
    Do not buy more phones in the future from these scammers.
    And if you have not yet brought this phone do not buy it.

I1572052715870 likes this.
  2. U1591970513465
    Donut Sep 3, 2020

U1591970513465 , Sep 3, 2020 :
    As you can read in my other posts, I am realy unhappy and would not bought the phone without the ir-camera.
    But they are not worse than other companies. APPLE, Samsung, you name it.
    They only lost a lot of their inofficial coolness points and so the caravan moves on.
    It is only a (expensive) toy.

Swejuggalo likes this.
  3. Jitendra Ravi
    Eclair Sep 4, 2020

I1597391339739 likes this.
  4. mstrojek
    Eclair Sep 5, 2020

mstrojek , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 5, 2020 :
    For everybody. I got mine on Amazon. If oneplus dies not bring the feature back, I will send it back and get a refund.
    Love oneplus... Even got 3 car chargers and even more chargers. Bullets wireless, buds and few phones.....
    I am very disappointed.

5. StrangerSoul
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2020

6. StrangerSoul
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2020

7. HimanshuNanda35
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2020

8. mstrojek
    Eclair Sep 6, 2020

mstrojek , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 6, 2020 :
    I downloaded the Beta Firmware andcalso a dongrade Firmware.by accident i installed the wrong one and my Phone hot wiped and löst all Data. nur my Photochrom camera works.
    Very Happy now.....
    Would Love the upgraded Front camera, nur prefer top stay Witz 10 5 8

9. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 6, 2020 :
    Downgrade wipes the phone. I don't think the reason for the wipe was that you installed the wrong one.

10. mstrojek
    Eclair Sep 6, 2020

I wanted to install the latest beta, but installed the downgrade instead. Realized that, when I saw the wipe at the beginning of the installation.
    Not much is lost, so that's fine.
    Got the camera though. This is what matters most :)

11. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 6, 2020 :
    Use it in your profession? (photochrom?) I do have some use of seeing the IR light spectrum sometimes. But very rarely. Currently using the adb trick in DP4.
    Not so useful to make me care much if the adb method gets blocked too. Since it currently is used as a helping sensor (light intensity sensor) in new photochrom and in therory have the possibility to help/guide future filters I don't see much of an issue.
    Filters as a whole is basically uninteresting to me. Good that they exist for those that want them but I don't find them useful. I rather shoot in raw and modify later.

Since color lens got these reactions from Youtubers and peoples screams over a terrifying x-ray effects that nobody ever proved in real everyday situations anyway... I can only guess this is a feature that never will return in it's orginal form. Not in next gen phones either.
    So if a critical feature... 2 options. Never upgrade and never buy a other phone ever again (because after those reactions none will have the feature). Or buy dedicated gear or accessories that never ever will loose the IR-capabilities.

12. vutruonghainam
    Cupcake Sep 6, 2020

Swejuggalo likes this.
  13. mstrojek
    Eclair Sep 6, 2020

Avishek2882 likes this.
  14. mstrojek
    Eclair Sep 6, 2020

I will keep it with old software, if oneplus does not make it accessible again. If I get bored of it, I will open a case at Amazon, and just give it back due to lack of feature. Makes me get my money back.
    What oneplus did is against the law. Everybody can and should get a complete refund. By law the buyers are right.
    Bought it for the camera, and this is an essential feature.
    Sorry for oneplus, if everybody starts to get a refund.

1599410174068.jpg

1599410174169.jpg

1599410174249.jpg

1599410174302.jpg

1599410174424.jpg

1599410174484.jpg

15. mstrojek
    Eclair Sep 6, 2020

16. tiberovo
    Froyo Sep 6, 2020

tiberovo , Sep 6, 2020 :
    what i find a shame is that i bought such a beautiful phone, but with one element that is disabled ... it's really stupid in every way.
    So I have a question that comes to my mind: what else could be done with an infrared camera on this phone?

17. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 6, 2020 :
    The only useful thing old photochrom was for me was some limited use of situation where some objects where see through and visible IR light (somewhat useful at work). Purely for photos it was just a 5MP resolution and high light level demanding sensor. Other than the limited work usage I would not use it at all. Now it's a support sensor to know what kind of intensity the new 12MP photochrom should apply. Any further filters where it would be used as a supporting sensor could be possible. But not as a single lens anymore.

Bas.P likes this.

18. tiberovo
    Froyo Sep 6, 2020

tiberovo , Sep 6, 2020 :
    I can't imagine the time it took to implement this technology, the human and material resources ... what a waste!

19. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 6, 2020 :
    Only for Youtubers and people reacting and screaming ban and boycott with no clear evidence of some actual privacy concern. People wanted this thing to go their way so badly that they even used fakes to make the "problem" look worse. Never a real threat to privacy was ever shown when I asked about proof of the problem. But you know how things work. Scream and overreact until things get your way. True issue or no does not matter if someone feels there is a threat strongly enough... Does not even matter if the so called truth is based on very extreme optimal situations and an fake or 2 [e]1f61c[/e]
    OnePlus gave in and solved the problem with this new Photochrome mode were the lens only acts as an supportive light sensor. Some like the new one. Some don't. Some only care about the IR light detection and see-through effect of old photochrom (that never really was promised to begin with)

Avishek2882 likes this.