OnePlus 8 Pro Users - Vote for Photochrom Filter to work like Original

?

Do you want Photochrom Feature Like original ?

1. YES

93.1%
  2. NO

3.0%
  3. I am happy without of it

3.9%
  1. I1572052715870 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 13, 2020 :
    SteveCP

Thank the idiots that were trying to look through apple remotes and thin clothing for that being removed.

I could take creepy pictures with the telephoto camera too. Does that mean OnePlus might disable it as well? This decision is entirely on OnePlus, I'm not blaming other people.

2. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 13, 2020 :
    I want that function back too due to work on a factory. But it's problematic... For me detecting and seeing IR is the important thing. I don't really care if it's displayed and filtered as 16 colors. What would certainly destroy the privacy concern issues while still being able to get the IR visually represented.

3. SteveCP
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 13, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Jul 13, 2020 :
    Those pictures would be up to you and you would be to blame solely for taking them, OnePlus provided a means of photography that if misused would be on them and to prevent this from happening they had to act and adjust it.

4. S1592697441346
    Donut Jul 13, 2020

S1592697441346 , Jul 13, 2020 :
    This was an interesting and unique feature of a phone. Something you don't see too often on phones these days. Sure it wasn't the most useful thing, but most of the things on our phones are not. And I didn't care if it wasn't "real IR" photography. People liked it--me being one of those people. I don't think I've ever bought a phone before and then had a feature taken away later. Not that I can remember at least. Pretty lame.

5. Tornix
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2020

6. Pruthviraju
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2020

8. I1572052715870 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 14, 2020 :

SteveCP

Those pictures would be up to you and you would be to blame solely for taking them, OnePlus provided a means of photography that if misused would be on them and to prevent this from happening they had to act and adjust it.​

Why would me taking creepy pictures with any camera be OnePlus's fault?

If I speed, it's not the manufacturer of my car's fault. If I drink too much and commit a crime, it's not Jack Daniels fault. There is no instance in which me purposefully misusing a product is the product manufacturers fault.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020

minndae likes this.
  9. SteveCP
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 14, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Jul 14, 2020 :
    OnePlus inadvertently produced a camera that could see through certain materials, this was never the intended purpose of the camera therefore they had to remove the ability to prevent it from being misused due to privacy concerns.

10. brmbjn
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2020

Dave8pro and I1572052715870 like this.
  11. I1572052715870 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 14, 2020 :
    I understand your perspective on this. I still stand by my opinion that OnePlus didn't need to do anything.

12. SteveCP
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 14, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Jul 14, 2020 :
    They didn't need to do anything outside of HydrogenOS like was previously the plan I agree but they have and all we can do is wait for them to adjust it further.

Ulysse63, Huigiebaby and jwthomas87 like this.
  14. jwthomas87
    Donut Jul 14, 2020

jwthomas87 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Will oneplus rectify the photochrome filter issue and restore it to what it was when I purchased the phone?

I really enjoyed my one plus 8 pro which I got less than 2 weeks ago. I paid extra money getting this phone when I had a one plus 7 pro (getting the one plus 8 sold at Verizon and tmobile would have been a downgrade for me). I liked the wireless charging and the full functionality of the photochrome IR camera.

Now that it is seemingly gone I'm considering returning the phone and getting the Samsung S20 ultra instead. Will they be returning the hardware and software functionality of this feature to what it was when I bought it?

I've been a one plus customer since one plus 1. I've been a customer for 8 years essentially and have used their phones exclusively, but this really has pissed me off enough that I may Never Settle again and just buy phones from their competition from now on.

This was a large purchase for me since I've been buying from one plus for a long time, and their phones were generally on the cheap side. I "splurged" because I valued their company, the innovation of their wireless warp charge and IR camera. Having that feature essentially taken away, I'm feeling my loyalty slip in a large way.

15. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 14, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Please use search before creating a thread. There are plenty of similar threads available in forum.
    And no one here knows if and when they will make use of the hardware again.

And it is impossible for you to be a customer for 8 years. The company started selling phones 6 years back.

SteveCP likes this.
  16. Avishek2882
    Froyo Jul 14, 2020

Avishek2882 , Jul 14, 2020 :
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...tochrom-filter-to-work-like-original.1257039/

17. K1594133622921
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2020

K1594133622921 , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Please revert back to original, I use it to spot hidden camera that have IR led, this phone able to spot it brightly

The bright spot is CCTV camera

1594812842295.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020

minndae, tjdragon, Huigiebaby and 2 others like this.
  18. H1594680701731
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2020

H1594680701731 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Dear OnePlus Team,

please please bring back the Photochroma! You don't have to worry about security, no one will sue you... there is now law prohibiting IR cameras. In fact most security cameras work in this way anyhow so we are surrounded by this technology all the time. it's not possible to see skin through clothes. it possible to see a more absorbing material through cloths yes like some wearing a black shirt under a white one you can even see this without IR, IR makes it just more visible but not skin so no nude scanner.. People making jokes... to get attention. Please don't listen to this people. Be bold with your decision of putting the Photochroma in this phone in the first place. For me it's a statement. Don't fear. bring it back and maybe add a video mode that would be awesome! :) Or at least make it easy for developers to create an app and use the camera. I don't want to root my device just for the camera. IR cameras are around for long time and I never heard about any Problems.. anyhow it's not your responsibility what kind of pictures people take with the camera.. so you are save. Please OnePlus make the Pro awesome again! Release fear Love is here. :)

19. jwthomas87
    Donut Jul 14, 2020

jwthomas87 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Dates are a bit foggy, sorry. I've been with them since invitations in the beginning and I'm feeling really salty about this, since I liked my one plus 7 pro's pop up camera, and feel like having just purchased this phone, and having a feature disabled, which was partially the reason for me having upgraded. I'm strongly considering returning the device for a full refund and also leaving the one plus family completely. It's inconvenient and upsetting. #neversettle