OnePlus 8 Pro Users - Vote for Photochrom Filter to work like Original

?

Do you want Photochrom Feature Like original ?

1. YES

94.5%
  2. NO

2.6%
  3. I am happy without of it

2.9%
  1. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 19, 2020 :
    Yeah. Trying with polls is better than to do nothing.
    In this case with a simpel adb trick I get the function that I sometimes have use of and Oneplus can't be blamed for it. So personally I find it hard to believe it will return.

I have no idea how bad the situation was for Oneplus. If some legal action was being threatened or not... Some of the reactions for "disabling the filter" is nearly just as extreme as the people that screamed ban/boycott in my opionion. Just 2 sides of the spectrum.

JonnyJaap and Tobikage like this.
  2. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 19, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 19, 2020 :
    The best way I see for companies from lots of situations is just to stay calm, silent or joke off - your fan base will annihilate haters online. Do whatever you do and keep to common sense and your clients, fans...

When you try to support/please minorities, 95% of your audience don't like it at all. And if those people start to scream and companies step back from recent stupid statements, reputation won't be restored immediately, it's already cracked.

3. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 19, 2020 :
    I have no way to measure the size of the problem so I have no way to know how badly they needed to fix the problem.
    But sometimes a small group of people are given way too much control and power. Way too common. Cooperations, politics...

4. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 19, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 19, 2020 :
    And the best thing is that those small groups appear either in North America (USA mostly) or EU, lol.

5. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 19, 2020 :
    In this specific case given that it was disabled in Chinese and Indian devices but not the others the strongest reaction may have been there. I believe even a post mentioned some reactions in China and some of that was inflated by fake pics. The screamers do everything to get their point valid. Even if backed up by fake shit [e]1f61c[/e]

6. AdityaVijayG
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2020

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020

bikerboy360, JonnyJaap and Tobikage like this.
  7. D1589347646791
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2020

D1589347646791 , Jul 20, 2020 :
    It's a sad situation, I really wanted to believe OnePlus was a different company. It has an inspiring motto "Never settle", but in this case all it took was a few click bait bloggers to make them settle...

...and unless they bring back the original camera we'll have to settle as well and not get what we paid for.

Hopefully 1+ listen pays attention to the poll above from customers, not bloggers.

Dave8pro likes this.
  8. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 20, 2020 :
    I have no way of messure the effect and numbers of the people reacting... But I'm pretty sure it was not just a few people's fault. People even posted fakes at some places and claiming that was taken with 8 Pro... Then you have all the people that fell for it believing everything without any type of investigation or fact check at all.
    Some probably just wanted an 8 Pro in secret themselfs [e]1f61c[/e]
    I said early on something like "this can potentially become a problem"...

Anyway... Bad that it happened. But given how companies seems to strive for political correctness these days... And in some cases litterly gets wiped out due to not being political correct...

9. Avishek2882
    Froyo Jul 20, 2020

Avishek2882 , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Now you guys do a small search I found there is another mobile oppo f1 i think which also has the same camera and that is not yet got banned ! there is a playstore app also to use that camera for x ray vision and peoples created video of it on youtube . here is the playstore link of the app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=rgm.pocophonef1_ircamera&hl=en
    But they are not banned! only oneplus has super dumb camera which must be banned.
    Now there is another nice phone X50 pro Vivo released and it's very nice and even less price from op8 pro , i feel very much cheated as oneplus 8 pro user.

Ulysse63 likes this.
  10. epsgeofsdiivs
    Eclair Jul 20, 2020

11. xuankaizhang
    Donut Jul 20, 2020

12. Bas.P , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 20, 2020 :
    correct me if I'm wrong, but I think is all same manufacturer: OPPO, Vivo, Oneplus

13. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Key differances. Root. Front camera. Less media coverage.

14. Dave8pro likes this.
  15. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Jul 20, 2020

Tobikage likes this.
  16. Lulzor
    Cupcake Jul 21, 2020

Lulzor , Jul 21, 2020 :
    It's like night and day. Goodbye, weird tans and oranges.

17. JonnyJaap
    Froyo Jul 21, 2020

JonnyJaap , Jul 21, 2020 :
    I'm really mad at oneplus, there is nothing behind the "x-ray" function, they can prove it. But they desidet to remove the filter (it is nothing like before. Maybe a lot of people don't use it, but you payed for it. I like it really, it makes some special photos.

People will also remember this, next time, oneplus releases a phone with an gemic thing, people will say; do you remember when oneplus removed the IR lens, because of fake information.
    This makes oneplus less serial. They removed (basiscly) an hardware fuction, and they will do it again.

Marvinit and Ulysse63 like this.

18. SteveCP likes this.
  19. JonnyJaap
    Froyo Jul 22, 2020

JonnyJaap , Jul 22, 2020 :
    There are more people like you, and it's fine. Not everyone uses every function of the phone. Like how many do use the macro lens? But it is still not okay, paying for 4 lensens, and then getting basicly disabeld one of them.

It would be like, getting a car marketed with x function including seat warmer.
    After some online bullshit, they disable the seat warmer, as they make you impotent when you are male. So you bought a car with function that get disabled later, maybe at the start only females used the function, but now they can not use it, every male don't care because they did not intend to use it in the first place.
    It is still crappy for all people that wanted to use the function that they paid for.

This is an example, but I'm sure people get it.

Edit; or lets say, to make it fit better with the current situation. The seat warmer now only uses 10% of the warming function.