OnePlus 8 Pro Users - Vote for Photochrom Filter to work like Original

?

Do you want Photochrom Feature Like original ?

1. YES

94.5%
  2. NO

2.4%
  3. I am happy without of it

3.1%
  1. Vikivik
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2020

Vikivik , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 22, 2020 :
    1595427223864.jpg
    The truth is bitter
    1595427232680.jpg
    Such a drastic difference between current filter to original filter. And to those who couldn't care less about it. No body can colonise over mars, yet people are spending crores together to go there. So what is paid for should be given for.

2. Vikivik
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2020

3. Vikivik
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2020

4. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Still a valid question if old or new photochrom is closer to that... Some just blindly say old is TRUE photochrom and new just is BAD. Compared to what exactly I wonder.
    Photochrom is supposed to mimic something. So comparing a colorised black and white picture... If that is what they intend to mimic I don't know. But it would be logical

5. Ozymandias_Osiris
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2020

Ozymandias_Osiris , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 22, 2020 :

Swejuggalo

Still a valid question if old or new photochrom is closer to that... Some just blindly say old is TRUE photochrom and new just is BAD. Compared to what exactly I wonder.
    Photochrom is supposed to mimic something. So comparing a colorised black and white picture... If that is what they intend to mimic I don't know. But it would be logical​

Trying to explain will do nothing,what they actually want is that see trough filter,its not about how it looks,they just want to see girls panties

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020

ASCHENTE_V and Swejuggalo like this.
  6. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Hehe. Probably some thruth to that 😋
    I used the old "filter" IR capabilites today at work via adb. Useful on some IR sensors. I guess some of the see through effects can be useful too in some rare situation at work. This would be the only real use I have for the color filter lens.
    As a photographic filter though... I just prefer simple unfiltered normal photos. Don't even use portrait mode. Options is good to have though.

7. Vikivik
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2020

Vikivik , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Please do not conclude it is see-through on all materials without valid proof. I have tried the old filter and the new on almost all day light and dark setting with all the type of fabric I could find from the thinnest to thickest. If your intension are not proper then irrational what technology you use could cause only problems. And in comparison to old and new, the old at least tries to mimic the ir filter photos taken in today's ir cameras

https://photographylife.com/introduction-to-infrared-photography/amp

For some examples of today's ir camera.

While the current filter just masks the colour and does not create the colour inversion effect. Basic research is required before tagging anything blindly just because someone said so.

8. PlusUn
    Froyo Jul 22, 2020

PlusUn , Jul 22, 2020 :
    I personally do not care about front cam because I don't like selfies, and as a close-minded person I completely disregard any other use.

Then, one day we discover that front cam can be used to spy on people. OFC, it's true yet untrue. But anyways, since people complain that some virus is able to use the cam to spy on people, and since people are not educated enough to be cautious and wise, oneplus completely remove the front cam.
    (This, and some people are fabricating some stories to mess things up.)

Who cares anyway? And Face unlock is unsafe to begin with.

Have your way oneplus, who cares it's just a gimmick anyway !

Am I not subtle enough? Am I exaggerating things? Of course.
    But likewise, I don't care about this fourth useless cam, but this phone is not cheap in the US/EU and OP failed to deliver a non-faulty flagship device.

And now they think they can just get away with removing something useless, yet costed some money and was advertised.

I'm angry enough with my screen. Even though it's not faulty like some people, just having lower nits than advertised, and low brightness mode being not good at all is enough to make one angry.

(And let's not talk about dual SIM and the other things already mentionnes everywhere)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020

Afsilvas likes this.
  9. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 22, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Trust me, if it really was capable of doing this, it would become best-seller... 🤭

Ozymandias_Osiris likes this.
  10. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 22, 2020 :
    The see through is very limited yes.
    But is IR photography the same as photochrom? I see 2 different things

11. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 22, 2020 :
    You mean simply applying a filter to look closer to some of the photochrom examples on Wikipedia? Not actually turning black and white pictures to color 😋 Just looking similar to the end result. Slightly simplified color pallet. Maybe adding some tone to it. Similar to this sample. While photochroms also can be very bright and colorful and look very different it may need some type of effect slider. I'd prefer the tone and style of this sample.

Photochrom
    View attachment 1364602
    Regardless... Normal photos and Photoshop would probably be my thing anyway.
    IR photos and Photochrom. One that resemblance IR photography and one that resemblance colorised black and whites.

IR

1595450596151.jpg

I don't see much similarities between IR and Photochrom. And still both seems to be mixed together like if it was the same thing.

McElectric and ASCHENTE_V like this.
  12. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 22, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 22, 2020 :
    White color nature with blue background looks insanely awesome [e]1f601[/e] But I meant the panties comment... If it really worked the way internet heroes told bullshit stories about, it would have been the best toy in the smartphone market [e]1f602[/e]

McElectric and Swejuggalo like this.
  13. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Ah. When some girls put on so skinny thin stuff and you litterly see type and possible brand... Who needs a camera with such effects anyway [e]1f61c[/e]
    Sony (i think it was) had a pretty powerful night vision camera once. Later revisions were nerfed to dampening see trough effects. Strong enough to make this rare and weak see-though effect fade in comparison.

ASCHENTE_V likes this.
  14. McElectric
    Froyo Jul 23, 2020

15. J1594275032853
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

Marvinit likes this.
  16. Unni Thomas
    Donut Jul 24, 2020

Unni Thomas , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Kindly enable the photo chrome camera...we paid for it too.. if it has some security issues ,. Please find something alternative...anyway we cannot move along with such blind device...we expect a positive move from you..

Ulysse63 and Marvinit like this.
  17. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Google "photochrom adb" . I don't think the old "photochrom" ever comes back. Whatever they intended to do with "photochrom" it's just a filter, an effect. Scroll further up for some samples of "photochrom" defenitions depending on situation. Because apperently it means a lot depending on who you ask... Some just want it for the cool see-though effect on some materials and IR detection and therfore scream "give photochrom back" while some like the photographic effect while disagreeing on how it actually should look

18. Avishek2882
    Froyo Jul 24, 2020

Avishek2882 , Jul 24, 2020 :
    I Feel shame and shit as a oneplus 8 pro user , Only I found something better which is 865 chipset rest everything is useless in comparison to this new phone
    Vivo X50 Pro (Alpha Grey, 8GB RAM, 256GB Storage)
    this phone comes almost 150$ less from 8 pro and has too great features.
    like 60x zoom and night vision and flexible moving camera.
    by adding just 30$ amazon gives free earbuds as well.
    When we paid big cost for 8 pro and not even got headset for phone what a poor nonsense Chinese rascals. Do not buy anything anymore from china these peoples will be lose too much in upcoming days for cheating world.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files: