OnePlus 8 Pro: Wireless Charging

1. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 27, 2020

keithgpowell , via OnePlus Community App , May 27, 2020 :
    If it's a "must have" - for those of you that have older phones (and perhaps more money than sense like OP8 who buys one?) - OP should design an add-on adapter with a USB socket to place on top of the wireless charger. You could even carry it around to use with other people's wireless chargers.

2. Dipl0
    Cupcake May 27, 2020

Dipl0 , via OnePlus 7T , May 27, 2020 :
    I don't see the obsession personally, the perk of warp charging is that I can charge it ~once a day and that be OK...never seen the appeal of wireless charging and was hoping one plus would keep ignoring it [e]1f602[/e]

keithgpowell likes this.
  3. Navneet thoe
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

Navneet thoe , May 28, 2020 :
    The wireless charger is definitely an awesome product and one of the best wireless chargers on the market..oneplus is best in all sections

4. manikondaharshit39
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

5. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 28, 2020

keithgpowell , via OnePlus Community App , May 28, 2020 :
    Agreed.

Further, it all adds to the cost of a phone viz., hardware and software in the phone(even if you don't want it) and hardware and software in the wireless(sic) dock accessories whether or not it's included withe phone.
    Is there an international standard for wireless charging docks?

Dipl0 likes this.

7. DanilaMaster
    Cupcake May 29, 2020

8. mahinani
    Cupcake May 29, 2020

9. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 29, 2020

keithgpowell , via OnePlus Community App , May 29, 2020 :

kepe

is it easier to put the phone on to a wireless charger or plug the cable in?
    for example, when I'm at work, my phone sits on the desk doing nothing for six hours per day. I use the phone for about 15 minutes per day when I'm in my office room. so my phone could be on a wireless charger for those six hours and in my hands, not charging for those ~15 minutes. no need to plug and un-plug anything when I'm going to get coffee or lunch or something. so much easier.

of course if you're completely running out of battery and you have to use your phone then it's easier to use it when it's plugged in. but why would you run out of battery if you can easily charge the phone on a wireless charger?​

Really?
    Its surely just as easy to plug in/out of you dash charger(or other USB socket) and you get faster charging, and there are free USB charging sockets on buses, trains, planes, cafes, unis, offices, home, etc.
    Is it really worth that extra cost of the phone and charger for your perceived "easier”?
    Its a just an expensive unnecessary gimmick for those who have more [e]1f4b0[/e] than brains😇

Last edited: May 29, 2020

royce.teo likes this.
  10. N1590813436017
    Cupcake May 30, 2020

11. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 30, 2020

12. M.Ayan
    Cupcake May 30, 2020

13. ARNABSANU
    Eclair May 30, 2020

14. oneplususer23
    Eclair May 31, 2020

oneplususer23 , via OnePlus 7 , May 31, 2020 :
    Because of the Wuhan, Chinese Covid., 19 my next phone will not be a Chinese phone i.e OnePlus or Vivo or Mi etc. I am from India and I am Boycotting all products that belong to China and wherein the money goes directly to the C C P Chinese government. Goodbye Oneplus and all Chinese companies. Very soon Chinese government will be on its knees.

E1565224722663 likes this.
  15. herget
    Froyo Jun 2, 2020

herget , via OnePlus 8 , Jun 2, 2020 :
    I would... LOVE to test the wireless charging capabilities of the OnePlus 8 Pro [e]1f44d[/e][e]1f44d[/e][e]1f44d[/e]

16. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 3, 2020

keithgpowell , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 3, 2020 :
    I think you will probably NOT be able to by a next one then. It's going to be difficult for you to find one that is not made in China or does not contain some hardware or software made in China or has not made use of Chinese workers. The state capitalist C C P Chinese government will therefore have rakeoff somewhere. Oneplus, Oppo and Realme are owned by the same holding company in China.

17. ArshadLuvOnePlus
    Froyo Jun 4, 2020

ArshadLuvOnePlus , Jun 4, 2020 :
    OnePlus Wireless charging may not be worth the buck, but cleanliness. I really like things without wires, that won't disrupt me or anything

18. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2020

keithgpowell , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 4, 2020 :
    But it *does have* wires! - trailing from the charger to the mains supply wall socket. So still not clean and tidy. As I have asked elsewhere, its an expensive gimmick. And if you're out and about, you still need a USB cable for charging - unless you also carried your not so wireless wireless charger and have access to a mains supply socket. Gimmick![e]1f601[/e]

19. keithgpowell

USB charging wall sockets built in to mains wall sockets are now readily available and in buses, trains, caffs, restaurants etc. Or built into new housing with ethernet. So no point in having slow "wireless" charger?

20. keithgpowell

How about a truly wireless mobile phone?
    When built in wireless charging has an international standard(not just trickle charging as now) *and* is as at least as fast as USB charging *and* docking is readily available on the go.
    The phone using Bluetooth and WiFi for other external wireless connections such as headphones and file transfers, updates and ADB maintenance.
    So no hardware sockets(USB and audio)needed on a truly wireless phone?