OnePlus 8 Pro - wireless charging

1. V1631900500018
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2021

V1631900500018 , Oct 22, 2021 :
    We have 2 OnePlus 8 Pro phones. Purchased the OnePlus 50W wireless charger and also an Anker Power pad wireless charger. Neither charger will work with our two 8 Pro phones. Both wireless chargers provide LED signal when plugged in to indicate they are working. Placing 8 Pro in cradle and 50W charger flashes red LED. The Anker pad wireless charger flashes blue LED. Both indicating they are not either linked to our phones or will not charge. Have been communicating with support on this issue and will be returning 50W wireless charger.

However does anyone know of way I can check to determine if internal wireless capabilities in phone is working or turned on ? Or to reset phone to kick on this feature without dumping my phone contacts and pictures ?

Thanks

2. SIDD7411
    Honeycomb Oct 23, 2021

3. dom_k
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Oct 23, 2021

dom_k , Oct 23, 2021 :
    And when you turn on the reverse charging and try to charger the other phone with it also nothing happens? Have ever battery been changed on the phones or still factory one?

Shailender Sharma and Gor. like this.
  4. Ozymandias_Osiris
    Honeycomb Oct 23, 2021

Ozymandias_Osiris , Oct 23, 2021 :
    Op8pro don't think it works with 50w,it charges at 30w.You need the warp charge 30 for it to work.I"m using the wp charge 30w and works fine,but I need to take off the case I have on it to work ,even though the case I have for it allows wireless charging.The wireless fast charging only works with their official charger reased for that version of the phone.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021

5. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Oct 23, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Oct 23, 2021 :
    "The maximum charging power of wireless Warp Charge is affected by the maximum input power of the mobile phone.
    *In order to reach a maximum charging power of 50W, please use OnePlus mobile phones that support 50W charging, as well as chargers and data cables from other brands that support 65W PD protocol and above. It can provide the OnePlus 9 Pro with a maximum wireless charging power of 50W and provide the OnePlus 8 Pro with a maximum wireless charging power of 30W."

https://www.oneplus.in/product/oneplus-warp-charge-50-wireless-charger

Caomhin likes this.
  6. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Oct 23, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Oct 23, 2021 :
    When charging, place the phone in the center of the wireless charging base (vertically or horizontally) to ensure normal Warp Charge.

When the charging base recognizes abnormalities such as metal objects, the indicator light will turn red to send out a warning and then automatically cut off the power.

https://www.oneplus.in/product/oneplus-warp-charge-50-wireless-charger

Caomhin likes this.
  7. V1631900500018
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2021

V1631900500018 , Oct 28, 2021 :
    Have not turned on reverse charging. Both 8 Pro phones are only 2 months old, so have original batteries which charge quickly with brick provided and cable provided.
    Have no metal on or around cell phone when charging on either the 50W wireless charger or the Anker wireless pad.
    Have also tried to charge with protective shield removed - same results. However the Anker advertises shield can be 5 mm, and our shield are less than 3 mm.
    Sent back 50W wireless charger to OnePlus, waiting on reply.
    Was hoping we would not have to return our 8 Pro phones to find solution.