OnePlus 8 Series 5G: Limited Sales starting 15th June

1. Rusaiq , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 2, 2020 :
    Sure bro

2. Hareesh1729
    Eclair Jul 2, 2020

Hareesh1729 , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 2, 2020 :
    I have got the news that non essential items are allowed in Chengalpattu, kanchipuram and other districts except chennai.. I'll attach the screenshot once I gets that ..

3. SilverGlove
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 2, 2020

SilverGlove , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 2, 2020 :
    Delivered?

4. Noorul Faheem
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2020

Noorul Faheem , via OnePlus 3 , Jul 2, 2020 :
    Yes bro, got it delivered by evening 4. Phone is awesome.. Didn't set up as I am struck in WFH. Will post pics and check the display and give my re ore tonight bro.

This phone is like a jewellery. Nice craftsmanship. 🤩

SilverGlove likes this.
  5. SilverGlove
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 2, 2020

SilverGlove , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 2, 2020 :
    Congratulations.Feel the phone.

6. M1592148544856
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2020

M1592148544856 , Jul 2, 2020 :
    when did u order the phone & how many days taken to delivered. Pls let me know

7. Rusaiq , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 2, 2020 :
    Congo bro. Please share your experience about the device and mainly full display issue with all scenario with manufacturer complete date bro. Enjoy the device bro

8. Karthick_Sp35
    Donut Jul 2, 2020

Karthick_Sp35 , Jul 2, 2020 :
    I ordered on june 15th sale on Oneplus.in. Untill yesterday there was no update. They cancelled my order yestreday eve. I'm near Sathyabama university.

9. Hareesh1729
    Eclair Jul 2, 2020

Hareesh1729 , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 2, 2020 :
    How come they cancels.. has they given any info on why they have cancelled your order.. except chennai (from AGS to outside and other districts), e-commerce is allowed.

10. jchavan
    Eclair Jul 2, 2020

jchavan , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 2, 2020 :
    I ordered today at 11:34 am but I am not it will deliver in time or not. Anybody ordered last week and got?

[screenshot containing personal details removed by moderator]

I just curious to see mobile in my hand

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2020

11. TalinM22
    Eclair Jul 2, 2020

TalinM22 , Jul 2, 2020 :
    Brother, you need not ask everyone to report their issues with the device. I'm sure if someone has issues, they will report back. Let's keep the spam low,and have a healthy, non repetitive discussion.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020

12. Noorul Faheem
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2020

Noorul Faheem , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 2, 2020 :
    I ordered the phone on June 15, Ultramarine Blue from Amazon n I got the phone by July 2 evening.

The Blue color is not easily getting dispatched from Amazon. As I pre-booked the device, I can't afford to loose the cashback. Hence I waited for long.

M1592148544856 likes this.
  13. Noorul Faheem
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2020

Noorul Faheem , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 2, 2020 :
    @SilverGlove

First Impressions

Coming from OnePlus 3, the phone if about 1 inch taller n a bit wider n quiet heavier. But the phone feels very premium.

There is no green tint nor black crush issue till now. But the black bar is present if I wanted to notice it. Else it's not easily visible, even in lowest brightness. Black bar will be present in all phones. It's unavoidable at 120Hz, be it Fhd or Qhd.

The edges are quiet curved n looks good. The Blue gives different gradient when light shines. It's awesome n sexy.

The cookie filter camera is disabled, bit disappointed about that. OnePlus needs to enable it or refund some money to all 8 Pro users.

I'm installing some games like pubg, fortnite n all. Will post the gaming experience in this thread after a week time.

Initially the phone was getting warm even in normal usage n when the phone was idle. But that isn't the case now.

My phone manufacturing date is 8/6/2020.

SilverGlove likes this.
  14. araunya
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2020

araunya , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 2, 2020 :
    Well bro....i was kinda happy tht my phone didn't had any issues. But after watching ur video .i tried the same. And found all those issues with my display. Red tint , green tint ,, black bar. All of them :( i first started noticing something when i was watching a video at night in low brightness. I could see some red tints in bottom right and top right part od the video. Then i checked by your method and found those issues. I dont know what to do now. Is this hardware or software. I heard that these OLED displays need to be calibrated or something. Can this be fixed with OTAs ?

sky_shot likes this.
  15. sky_shot
    Eclair Jul 2, 2020

sky_shot , Jul 2, 2020 :
    We'll have to wait for the update to see if it fixes these issues. The update was scheduled for release in late June. But oneplus hasn't released any update. I've already started the return process with Amazon. Having paid for a flagship, I don't want to deal with uncertainty.

If it's fixed, I'll consider buying it again. The display is stunning for content consumption in med to high brightness. But if applications look like this, with different shades... that's a problem for me. Not to mention, my phone is also affected by the widevine drm issue as well.

Yeah, calibration plays a big role here... Samsung was able to solve almost all cases of green tint issue that plagued the s20 ultra. Let's see what happens. IMG_20200630_090853-min (1).jpg

16. araunya
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2020

araunya , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 2, 2020 :
    Well i donot have such bars in apps. But was able to see red and greenish tints while watching videos. I really hope OP fixes this. Really luv the phone. I cant go back to 60Hz after this. My 3T luks so slow after using this .
    Also ..can u tell in which app u show these grey bars ??? So i can also check ?

sky_shot likes this.
  17. sky_shot
    Eclair Jul 2, 2020

sky_shot , Jul 2, 2020 :
    Amazon Music app, Chrome, reddit or Dialer app [Grey background]. This only happens at the lowest brightness. If I increase brightness by 5%, those bar become very thin and disappear.

araunya likes this.
  18. sky_shot
    Eclair Jul 2, 2020

19. araunya
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2020

20. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Jul 3, 2020

superplus , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Hi, I have removed your screenshot since it contains your address details. Hope the phone reaches you soon.

BeingIncog likes this.