OnePlus 8 Series Review Open Challenge

1. Jameseld82a
    Eclair May 13, 2020

Jameseld82a , May 13, 2020 :
    Submitted my review in the user reviews section.

I really enjoyed doing this as it was the first time I have ever written a review for a phone I own. :)

dsmonteiro likes this.
  2. O1588400084549
    Cupcake May 14, 2020

O1588400084549 , via OnePlus 8 , May 14, 2020 :
    hy all. starting with April 24 I am the Oneplus 8 in possesion. If anybody Haven a problem with this phone, Luke freeze display or freeze browser (Chrome in nu case) , please inform me about the steps in order to prevent this kind of trouble. Thx.

3. UncleCupCake
    Gingerbread May 17, 2020

UncleCupCake , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , May 17, 2020 :
    well let's get.this review started:

display ..only heard it amazing. the internet makes it look awesome. personally can't see one since none in stock.
    design: like OP7 but bigger and prettier.. but only seen it online.
    battery : ... I don't know lol.. I do know it has one and it's large and on charge.
    camera: got some cool new trick from what I have read and seen. hope its not banned before I can buy the phone
    Spec: from what is on the website ...hot damn it's awesome. closest thing to it was the oppo find x2 pro I think..not sure if that is the correct name .it's vegan leather phone that's all I know
    sound: can't hear it . but will let you know when I do..
    packaging: oooo aàaa factor always great with OnePlus so I bet it's awesome and has stickers!!!! and can't beat preapplied screen protector.
    sure which they packed USB c corded headphones in box. all phone give you headphones. aka you want to be flag ship pack some damn headphones lol
    price: hot damn....high price no jobs pandemic .. it won't sell out so I thought. well I was wrong
    soft ware...come on people it's oxygen aka we need it to survive... nuff said.
    reliability: well as of right now not so reliable since it doesn't exist even in OnePlus website. but I bet when it does it will be my loyal bestfriend until one plus diabolically creates a new one to replace it with it pretty new color and racing stripes.. cough cough .. Mcclaren..
    should you buy:
    sure if you can find one.

final conclusion: a pretty cool beast of a phone that comes with some awesome stickers ..#ultramarineblue4life. #waiting2order

4. Bikashkarmakar9859
    Cupcake May 17, 2020

Bikashkarmakar9859 , May 17, 2020 :
    hello i am bikash , i want a free sample for review review type unboxing first impression design and features and why it buy and buy link discription product name :- oneplus 8 seris 5g

5. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 17, 2020

dsmonteiro , May 17, 2020 :
    Hi Bikash,

If you want to become a reviewer, I suggest you try practicing with tech you already, so that you first build a following and then contact companies.

It's unlikely that any brand will give you a "free sample" without you showing that you have enough social reach and can provide quality reviews.

Moreover, reviewers usually don't get to keep the tech they review.

6. harshjain143 , via OnePlus 5 Midnight Black , May 17, 2020 :
    Hey @dsmonteiro just a short question.. wat do tech reviewers or the company do of the reviewed product?

8. Ppa1
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Ppa1 , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi, I am an owner of an Oneplus 8, and although the phone is one of my favorites there seem to be places where it could be better. Dual sims, for example, would be helpful while traveling also the phone should come with a screen protector this would be helpful especially because the phone is new to the market and there aren't a lot of screen protectors out there. When I first got my phone me and my family took a road trip. I brought my phone along and when we got home the glass was scratched and I found this disappointing but we got another Oneplus 8 because of the scratch. Some nice things that made me want to get an Oneplus are that the phone gets updated even if it is old. I got an Oneplus because my friend had an Oneplus 1 and had it for 8 years. Throughout this time the phone worked as if it was brand new.

9. UncleCupCake
    Gingerbread May 20, 2020

UncleCupCake , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , May 20, 2020 :
    if you buy from one plus there is a screen protector applied already it's thin

10. DarshanSMeniya
    Honeycomb May 20, 2020

DarshanSMeniya , via OnePlus 6 , May 20, 2020 :
    Top reviewer will reimbursement of OnePlus 8 Series device because product comes as gift doesn't cover warranty if he/she wants New OnePlus 8 Series Device he will buy it from reimbursement of his/her device.

UncleCupCake likes this.

12. Khushdeep kumar
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

Khushdeep kumar , May 21, 2020 :
    Oneplus is not brand it is emotion. I m just huge fan of oneplus things they provide in such budget
    1)fluid display
    2)utimate cameras
    3) Snapdragon processor
    It just burn out other brand devices
    If somehow manage to win OP8 or OP8PRO
    i'll start my youtube gaming channel and always thankful to oneplus for such an amazing contest.

UncleCupCake likes this.
  13. Khushdeep kumar
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

Oneplus is not brand it is emotion. I m just huge fan of oneplus things they provide in such budget
    1)fluid display
    2)utimate cameras
    3) Snapdragon processor
    i'll start my youtube gaming channel and always thankful to oneplus for such an amazing contest.

14. Khushdeep kumar
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

OP8 is just insane. I just fallen in love with this device 😍😍😍
    1)fluid display
    2)utimate cameras
    3) Snapdragon processor

15. amnsinha
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

16. djenuwine
    Donut May 21, 2020

djenuwine , May 21, 2020 :
    Look at this pictures of this Popup Box with a OnePplus 8 Pro inside it. Now lookt at the cases inside the boxes. Yeah, it's OnePlus 8 (no Pro) cases.
    So I can't use them.
    I have contacted OnePlus support and they just tell me they don't care about it.

So my first experience with OnePlus is.... not crazy.

Now a quick review :

Screen is great, the device is powerfull, nice built (near perfect). Playing game with high details is great, especially with 120 Hz screen and 240Hz touch screen. No throttling even if you play 2 hours with high confguration. So it's a true gaming phone without the design of it.

Screen is amazing but curved edges are a bad idea. The hole selfy camera is invisible (but the picture quality is average). underscreen fingerprint sensor is quick and accurate, but is located too low.

Bad details now : Poor brightness adjustment, curved screen with hole is not very ergonomic, camera mode, despite great hardware has poor software. Telephoto lens is useless in video mode, filter lens is useless. Only 1 camera is available with stabilisation, like HDR video mode, only one en, less wide, note the same. Poor telephoto lens quality in video mode: Full HD or 4K doesn't change anything.

Nice sound with headphone, nice dual speakers.

Oxygen OS is nice but : no landscape mode for homescreen or gallery ? No torch light power control, not eye on screen detection, not Always on display mode. Animations are great and SMOOTH is definitly the best word to describe Oxygen OS experience.

Battery life is great. Even with quad HD 120 Hz screen. Quik carge tales 1 hour and 10 minutes but 40 minutes are enought to get 90% of charge.

So am I happy of the product ? Yes, it's a very nice phone with high potential. But it can be improved, really. Especially in photo mode with this IMX689 Sony Sensor and wide and clear lenses. Telelens could be improved a lot (why crop into a 8 megapixels sensor in 4K video mode, when 4K resolution is 8.3 megapixels ?).

Am I happy of the company ? Not really. Mistakes happened but for 999€, I have lost too much time just to get cases I payed for ! What's happen if it was a screen issue ? Phone issue ?

It's like all the experience. Some things are amazing, make you happy, and other disapointed you.

So yeah, I appreciate my phone but I'm waiting for updates and hope I will get my cases. Popup box unboxing was not the great moment I hoped for.

Attached Files:

17. UncleCupCake
    Gingerbread May 21, 2020

18. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer May 21, 2020

YRJ , May 21, 2020 :
    Great move! 👍
    Let's read some awesome reviews now :D :cool:
    Also, let social media know of the changes. Even today's tweet mentions old rewards

jlasensiofi likes this.
  19. X1590044452222
    Cupcake May 22, 2020

20. UncleCupCake
    Gingerbread May 22, 2020